T in the Park
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  03:23:43  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
Okay, might not have been the best idea, sat around for 2 hours trying to get tickets for brixton only to find i couldn't... so what did we do... well we got tickets for the only other event that has pixies playing (confirmed) so far that isn't a RHCP's gig, T in the Park! 250 miles away, 6 hours drive! LOL! Mad! But an adventure no less... And if Bowie and Pixies don't clash, will be great to see Davo! So anyone else going?

Screw Brixton... Scotland, I'm coming home!

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.

Edited by - El Barto on 02/07/2004 15:44:41

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  04:06:30  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address
I'm giving it some thought, It would have been far easier for me to get to London though. Arghh I'm so conflicted, I feel really antzy

For ten thousand years he slept, his mind feeding on the nightmares of the weak. Now he has awakened. As the night turned crimson, the fire-blade shattered and his power died. Then, the slaughter began...
Go to Top of Page

boaby
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  04:16:08  Show Profile
pixies are on main stage right before bowie, chances of a collaboration???
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  05:18:13  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by boaby

pixies are on main stage right before bowie, chances of a collaboration???

you see i heard they might clash, with pixies headlining a different stage, at the same time bowie headlining main stage? but surely bowie wouldn't allow that?! ;) would be fan-freaking-tastic to see pixies on main stage and then followed by bowie! oh man! that would *so* be worth the 6 hour drive there! and it hopefully gets me out of going to shitty reading. ;)

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

johnc
- FB Fan -

118 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  03:43:01  Show Profile
I couldn't get Brixton tickets so went for T in The Park. Saw Bowie for the 1st time in Glasgow last year and he was really excellent so this should be a fantastic weekend.

Has anyone been to T in the Park and got any advice on acommodation/transport? I'm having to take the missus who wasn't up for camping so I was thinking of staying in Edinburgh and using the shuttle bus. But how longs it take to get in and out??

Any advice would be appreciated. THANX
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  10:22:02  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by johnc

I'm having to take the missus But how longs it take to get in and out??

Any advice would be appreciated. THANX

I think your dad should sit you down and give you this chat!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  11:48:47  Show Profile
If they're not doing Witness, I would'nt mind heading over to T.
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  12:02:13  Show Profile
Thinking about t in the park if no other uk dates are announced,but theres like 2 weeks between their brixton gig and the one supporting the chilis in dublin,so im hoping for a few extra uk dates plugged in there.......maybe?

"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  12:04:24  Show Profile
Witnness and T in the Park are always on same wkend and whover plays sat in witnness does t in the park on sun and the other way around..ill be very surprised if they do one without the other...
Go to Top of Page

penis tree
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  21:41:32  Show Profile
T in the Park is always great fun and Pixies are playing directly before Bowie on the Main Stage.

www.tinthepark.com

Even if I didn't live in Scotland, this would be the gig I'd go to.

Going to see the Pixies at Tin the Park, July 10th.
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  23:25:18  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
T in the Park is an obvious alternative to Brixton, and is as good if you ask me with Bowie after Pixies.... I reckon Frank might do a song or two with the Great White Duke. I always thought that T in the Park was a crap festival which hosted bands such as Texas, but this year it seems to excelled itself. Mind you the line up for Coachella is also phenomenal.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

Paul
- FB Fan -

21 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  06:31:55  Show Profile
quote:

Has anyone been to T in the Park and got any advice on acommodation/transport? I'm having to take the missus who wasn't up for camping so I was thinking of staying in Edinburgh and using the shuttle bus. But how longs it take to get in and out??

There's normally pretty regular buses to and from Glasgow and Edinburgh, if you find somewhere to stay in either city you should be sorted. Stirling, where I stay, and Perth are not far either.
Go to Top of Page

Domestiques
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
503 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  13:13:02  Show Profile
still considering it but as I could walk to v2004 I am hoping they confirm for that.

------------------------
Still bitter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000