Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrgrieves1971
= Cult of Ray =

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  09:51:32  Show Profile
From Billboard

Pixies To Tour Through July, Release CD/DVD

As first reported here yesterday, legendary modern rock act the Pixies are in a Southern California rehearsal space preparing to reunite for the first time since 1993. Billboard.com can reveal that the group will hit the road in April for an 11-city warm-up tour of North America, concluding with a previously confirmed May 1 appearance at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif.

From there, the quartet of guitarist/vocalist Frank Black, bassist/vocalist Kim Deal, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering will head to Europe for a tour that will run from May 28 to July 10. The only confirmed dates at present are support slots for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on June 12 at Dublin's Phoenix Park and June 15 at Paris' Parc des Princes.

Additional details have also come to light regarding the upcoming retrospective and DVD releases first reported here in December. 4AD/Beggars Banquet will issue a 23-track best-of with the working title "Wave of Mutilation -- Best of the Pixies," featuring such classics as "Gigantic," "Dig for Fire," "Monkey Gone to Heaven," "Here Comes Your Man" and a remix of "Debaser."

The DVD, simply titled "Pixies," will feature music videos for "Debaser," "Alec Eiffel," "Here Comes Your Man," Velouria," "Monkey Gone to Heaven," "Dig For Fire/Allison" and "Head On," a 1988 concert from London's Town and Country Club and the documentary "Gouge," sporting testimonials from Bono, David Bowie and Radiohead's Thom Yorke.

While Black has enjoyed a prolific solo career since the Pixies' demise, Deal has released music infrequently with the Amps and the Breeders and Lovering has spent the six years working as a professional magician. "I'd given up drums for a long time," the drummer told Billboard.com last week. "I haven't played them in years and years. It would just be fun to do it again. We just have fun playing."

Amid all the Pixies-related activity, Black will release a double-disc solo album, "Frank Black Francis," in April or May via spinART.

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 02/04/2004 11:32:18

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  10:17:24  Show Profile
Poor Joey gets left out of the "where have been" paragraph.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  11:31:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
First reported there?! Bullox. Why did they reference us and our already posted release if they were first?

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  11:50:11  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
"As first reported here yesterday, legendary modern rock act the Pixies are in a Southern California rehearsal space preparing to reunite for the first time since 1993. Billboard.com can reveal that the group will hit the road in April for an 11-city warm-up tour of North America, concluding with a previously confirmed May 1 appearance at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif.

From there, the quartet of guitarist/vocalist Frank Black, bassist/vocalist Kim Deal, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering will head to Europe for a tour that will run from May 28 to July 10. The only confirmed dates at present are support slots for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on June 12 at Dublin's Phoenix Park and June 15 at Paris' Parc des Princes."

Umm...They aren't doing a US tour? I see the "11-city warm-up tour of North America"...but none of those cities are going to be in Ohio...yet we have the Rock Hall...go fucking figure.

Just like in Homerpalooza! "*Scene of Lollapalooza Tour Bus at a fork in the road. They start heading north to Cleveland, stop, and pull back out and start heading south for Cincinatti, stop, pull back, turn around and leave.*"

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

dave
- FB Fan -

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  12:04:02  Show Profile  Visit dave's Homepage
I'm with you, where is the US tour? after Europe, hell they could very well break up agian before they get around to coming to the Southeast US.
Go to Top of Page

LordJim
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  14:04:25  Show Profile
Another clue that Springfield is actually the Greater Cincinnati area. Yep, another here from Cincinnati realizing I'm going to have to fly to CA if I want to see the Pixies.
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  14:17:29  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
I live in Ashland and one of the college students that went to the university here writes for the Simpsons. So there may be more references to Ohio, hehe.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

buffalo burger
- FB Fan -

53 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  14:38:17  Show Profile
What about the northwest?? I hope there is some confirmed tour dates before the coachella tickets go on sale. i wanna know if i REALLY have to fly to indio. come onnnn seattle..or portland..or vancouver!

bop.

Edited by - buffalo burger on 02/04/2004 14:44:57
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  15:12:53  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
The pixies have a bigger fanbase in europe, I guess that's the reason that they play so long over here.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  15:49:06  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
remix of debaser?

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  16:51:36  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Another clue that Springfield is actually the Greater Cincinnati area.

Considering that Hullabalooza had been on the road for some time before that scene, I don't see it as any indication of that at all.

(As if I haven't seen ENOUGH "Where is Springfield?" threads on the Simpsons newsgroup.)

By the way, will the Pixies be playing in Springfield?

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  01:01:36  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bumblebeeboy2

remix of debaser?

yeah, i'm intrigued by this as well...

are they going for the clubbing market as well?

wasn't the debaser single from '97 already remixed (albeit slightly) by clive someone?

cook me some fucking eggs!
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  02:35:12  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
re remix of Debaser, I don't think anyone here knows anything about it either :) and we're putting it together!!

v.strange...
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  02:43:38  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
opps...
now that is fucked up.

so which "bebaser" is gunna be on the best of as far as you know then jo?
the original or the 97 remix one?

jo, are the 4ad forums down today - i can't load the page...

cook me some fucking eggs!
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  03:04:44  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
it's gonna be the album version of Debaser - I just checked...

someone just emailed me about the 4ad forums - I've chased up our US server people... this sometimes happens, annoyingly.. hopefully it'll be back up and running once they get into work in NY...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000