Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flogen
- FB Fan -

Ireland
1 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  07:21:20  Show Profile  Visit Flogen's Homepage
Frank,
It has just been announced that as part of the Pixies re-union, you shall play The Phoenix Park in Dublin, as support for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I was delighted to hear this, as I am a big fan, however there is one slight problem. Although I like the RHCP, I have now seen them twice in as many years, and was dissapointed each time.
I do not have the money nor will power to go and see them in a huge park (biggest natural park in the Europe no less), however I cannot miss the chance to see the band play live.
Please, I beg thee, play a seperate gig in Dublin, the support is there, just read postings on the likes of boards.ie if you dont believe me. Or even play one of our festivals such as witness/oxygen, the tickets are not much dearer than the RHCP gig, there wont be as many poser muppets there, and there'll be a bigger choice of acts to see too.

Thank you,
Flogen

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  08:36:59  Show Profile
I will support this - for my own needs:

Frank,
It has just been announced that as part of the Pixies re-union, you shall play Aerodrome in Austria, as support for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I was delighted to hear this, as I am a big fan, however there is one slight problem. I do not have the will to pay an awful lot of money to go and see you in a huge and incredebly ugly environment, together with idiots like Korn and Slipknot.
However, I cannot miss the chance to see the band play live.
Please, I beg thee, play a seperate gig in Vienna or Wiesen, the support is there, just read postings on the likes of boards.ie if you dont believe me. Or even play one of our other festivals such as Forestglade or 3 days a week, both in Wiesen, the tickets are not much dearer than the RHCP gig, there wont be as many poser muppets there, and there'll be a bigger choice of acts to see too.

Thank you,
two reelers

Death to the Pixies / Here comes Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

chango
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  09:58:24  Show Profile
in europe of all places i would think they could do their own shows in larger theaters... i don't understand this crap with the chili peppers.
very, very strange

it wasn't anything about anything
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  10:57:39  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
i thought flea made fun of frank before?? for his intro to all my ghosts

-miked

Edited by - mdisanto on 02/04/2004 10:57:56
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  15:07:59  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
yes. that was actually one of my first posts mdisanto!
In Utrecht, 2001 tour!

Frank did that Papodapopapdapapopapapappaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!-intro

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

BuildHigh
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  18:31:08  Show Profile
Has anyone thought to question the logic of the Pixies reuniting?

In a nutshell, I have listened faithfully - like all of us - sometimes scarily fanatically - to the Pixies first and than FB's solo albums. I can remember whole stages in my life by the melody of these songs just as surely as some remember a long ago memory by a smell on the wind.

But FB has evolved and progressed since those days and frankly so have I. And just as I would not buy 14-hole Doc Martens anymore, neither should we kid ourselves into believing that FB and the Pixies will be like it was so many years ago. When you try to repeat the past you end up knee deep in nostalgia.

And Frank, for what it's worth, I am as committed to your music now as I ever was, and I am glad that uncannily your music has provided the perfect soundtrack to my life. But, it isn't time yet to rewind the tape - there is still more left to be discovered in the future without trying to relive the past.
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  08:14:00  Show Profile
I for one have never stopped wearing my 14 hole doc martens and likewise I feel I have also 'progressed' over the last 15 years. There are some things in life worth rekindling although they may not be the same, that does not mean that they can't be equally terrific. I agree with the initial post as I feel that both the pixies and their fans deserve more than second best!
Go to Top of Page

queeny
- FB Fan -

Ireland
2 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  14:30:39  Show Profile
flogen, i completely agree. just imagine if the pixies played the olympia or the ambassedor!! ooohhhh!!!! I just dont understand how rhcp keep getting legends to support them in dublin, (new order, and now the pixies) WHEN THEY ARE NOT EVEN THAT GOOD!!!!! They are ok, but not exactly legendary!
Im only 20, so this is my first and probably only chance to see the pixies, so I am delighted that they are coming at all, but I would plead that they play a headline gig of their own, like they are doing in london. After all, when frank black came over, and played in tower records a few months back, he must have seen the amount of people queing to get in. There would be no fear of it being a flop!!! :D
Go to Top of Page

hybrid
- FB Fan -

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  06:26:32  Show Profile  Click to see hybrid's MSN Messenger address
3 words frank.

dont. tour. again.

one last tour is great. but no more. stick with what your doing with the catholics. please.

Edited by - hybrid on 02/08/2004 06:27:14
Go to Top of Page

csmall09
- FB Fan -

32 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  08:04:31  Show Profile
>Has anyone thought to question the logic of the Pixies reuniting?

Yes, plenty of people (including me) but they have been made to feel unwelcome by some other members. The logic is this: money. Like someone said in another thread, they are not interested in making new music or any kind of artistic integrity. They are interested in playing 50 gigs, making millions of dollars and then breaking up again. There's your logic.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

BuildHigh
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  13:28:35  Show Profile
There is another piece to this that is becoming clear to me now. Not only will I not be seeing the Pixies reunion because of the reasons I've mentioned; but I will also have to wait for all of this reunion business to end before I can see FB & the C's live again. Oy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000