More Pixies Rumours...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  06:10:58  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
Well, last night I was talking to some guy, and I have no reason to doubt what he said, but apparently frank and joey were in marple about a month ago (near manchester), allegedly planning the pixies tour...

there was of course more to that story, but the rest isn't quite as significant... sounds a bit unreal but as i said, i have no reason to doubt the source...

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:28:37  Show Profile
Marple near Manchester??? But I live in Manchester. I would have been able to detect their presence for sure. They would never have gotten past me.

If this is true (and I doubt it very much) then I am gonna go crazy!!!
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  11:19:08  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

Marple near Manchester??? But I live in Manchester. I would have been able to detect their presence for sure. They would never have gotten past me.

If this is true (and I doubt it very much) then I am gonna go crazy!!!

as i said, the guy who told me is normally spot on... crazy i know, and i don't know why they'd be in marple, apparently it's the home of some big time music promoter or manager or something... wouldn't be the first time frank has been around here, recorded cult of ray in cheadle hulme and spent quite a bit of time in the area from what i've been told...

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  13:32:05  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
He recorded Cult of Ray at Sound City Studios right?
That's not in cheadle hulme or what?

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  13:35:14  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
May I ask, what is the name of the guy? Not that it matters...
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  15:22:35  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
sorry, mixed by, *mixed* - but he still came over and was about for a while...

andy woods is the guy who told me the story, we can burn him on a cross if it's all lies. :)

~~~
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  17:26:30  Show Profile
I've heard a couple of other stories from sources. Not sure how reliable they are, but y'know, its a story i guess. I wont add to the flames but i'll just tell you what i heard. Heard that the organisers of T in the Park (music festival in Scotland) are lining up the Pixies to Headline a night. Only David Bowie has been announced so far (and I think the Darkness...but id rather not talk about them) and supposedly they're trying to pull out all the stops to get them to headline. Not sure how reliable...but just what i heard. Also, heard from a friend of a friend (probably quite unreliable) who was at the Frank Black gig in Glasgow, met Frank after and handed him his Pixies booklets and said something that he was too young to see the pixies, frank allegedly said something about it may not be too late or something. Im sceptical, but thats me...i'll believe it when i see it with my own eyes.
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  00:39:58  Show Profile
"Well, last night I was talking to some guy"...

wow, i'm impressed.."some guy", he probably has to know...

you know, i was talking to someone who has heard that a friend of her sister's best mate has met somebody who does definitely know of somebody else that the pixies will play at a concert in iceland on 31st of december 2007, and i have no reason to doubt that.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  04:08:20  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by two reelers

"Well, last night I was talking to some guy"...

wow, i'm impressed.."some guy", he probably has to know...

you know, i was talking to someone who has heard that a friend of her sister's best mate has met somebody who does definitely know of somebody else that the pixies will play at a concert in iceland on 31st of december 2007, and i have no reason to doubt that.

your point is? it's a rumour, as i said. the guy told me, i told you guys... if you want to shield yourself from the rumours don't bother reading rumour threads...

~~~
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  04:21:39  Show Profile
my point is, i don't like really bad founded rumours about something which is important to me...i was just trying to express that...
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  10:10:33  Show Profile
Wow Cheadle Hulme eh? I had no idea he liked Manchester so much. I like him even more now.

I hope they don't play T In The Park though 'cos it sounds like it's gonna be a bad one on the whole this year (The Darkness for starters) and I'm already planning on going to Reading again and Glastonbury.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  10:26:26  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
yeah, i'm probably going to end up going to reading and maybe glastonbury again this year... we should have a big fb.net meetup! :)

~~~
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  10:29:22  Show Profile
Sounds good to me. Especially if......you know what happens!!!
Go to Top of Page

darragh
- FB Fan -

Ireland
50 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  11:41:21  Show Profile  Visit darragh's Homepage
The Irish Times say they can "confidently predict" an Irish date this summer, whatever that means.
You can read the article here www.gougeaway.tk .
Go to Top of Page

mishkabunny
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  04:24:58  Show Profile
aw man, i hope they don't play t in the park! (though it'd obviously be better than playing nowhere)
i'm planning on going to glasto, and was really hoping that if they were to play they'd play there, tho i was thinking they were prob more likely to play reading, which is perfectly do-able, though i think i'd just go for that day.

fingers crossed!

be a star
Go to Top of Page

Damn Nation
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  11:22:16  Show Profile  Click to see Damn Nation's MSN Messenger address
A friend told me today that - "Apparently" - Pixies are playing Reading. She heard it from another person ("some guy"), who edits the fanzine "A Beat Sketching". Just a rumour
Go to Top of Page

gavredmaxx
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  11:44:38  Show Profile  Visit gavredmaxx's Homepage
Mmmmm - am keen to go to Glasto already so that would be handy. Wonder where they'd put them on the bill if they played? It's long been rumoured that the main stage headliners will be Oasis / McCartney / Prince....

Gav

"If you don't like it - play something else"
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  07:43:53  Show Profile
I hope we get some sort of confimation in near future. Glasto sells out in a couple of days and Reading does'nt take long either - although then again Glasto tend not to announce a very detailed line up in advance so you have to buy blind anyway. Could be expensive buying a load of tickets trying to cover each base! But wroth it :)

Would be great if FB played with Catholics say Friday night at Glasto and the Pixies Saturday!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000