New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  00:00:32  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
For the first topic of 2004, I'd like to talk about the last day of 2003.

How was your last day of 2003? For me, it was one of the worst days ever! Explanation is as follows.

I was working on a song that I wrote. I was playing tracks one and four on my recording system while my guitar that I was performing on was plugged onto track three. My recording system was hooked up to my computer, so every sound being executed was coming through the computer speakers. The entire thing was being recorded onto a .wav file on my computer. It came out quite nicely. So I saved the .wav, and then added yet another guitar to the mix. This made the song sound quite awesome. But before I could save the mix with a new guitar, my computer got locked up. I pressed ctrl+alt+delete, and the entire computer restarted. So the new guitar I recorded was gone. The computer did not save a backup file or anything. The problem was that there was a lot of improvisation in the track that couldn’t be recreated. So I figured I’d re-record the guitar. But when I plugged the guitar into the recording system, no sound came out. I checked the settings and everything was fine. When I plugged the bass into the recording system, everything worked fine. So now there’s a problem with the guitar that I’ll have to get repaired. To make matters worse, the file that I did save doesn’t even play now either. The computer was acting so strangely; virtually every ten seconds, a sign would pop up that said the hard disk was full, even though I checked my hard drive and had about 50% free disk space. So every single piece of work I did today was gone, and I can’t record it again. Not to mention that I was on irc, joined a channel, and got kicked off because it was a private channel. Also, I forgot to tape the Late Show with David Letterman for my brother, so now I have a premonition that I'll be frowned unfavorably upon, plus I’m now numb with self-dissatisfaction and abhorrence. Wow. What a crappy way to end 2003 for me. I am glad that I’m able to throw in my two cents here on the forum.

Your thoughts?

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1887 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  05:57:25  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage
Lousy.

I needed new tires for my car, so I went to the nearest tire place. A National Tire & Battery shop.

I have an '89 Buick Century. In order to get the hubcaps off a little key thing is needed.

Well, they found and then lost my key. They said it wasn't a big deal. I can always go to a dealership and buy another. (Grrr!)

So, they can't get my hubcaps off without performing some 'workaround' (I'm pretty pissed, but they already have the hubcaps off by now.)

They go on and replace the tires and all.

I go home. $302.98 later.

I get out of my car and look at my new tires. The hubcap lock cover is missing. Their 'workaround' was to use a wrench to force the lock. They snapped two of the three tabs that hold the key cover thing on. On both the left and right front tires!

My wife and I decide we should go out for a late-ish lunch rather than dinner.One-half block down the street, I hear a Gawdawful sound coming from my rear tires.

The tech hadn't even tried to secure my rear hubcaps. One was sort-of dangling. So ghetto.

And, uh, I fixed it. They store said they'd replace the hubcaps.

Tah-dah.

*Shka-pow!

Edited by - ObfuscateByWill on 01/01/2004 05:58:38
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  10:49:38  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
Thanks; I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who ended 2003 with a whimper...
Sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  10:49:38  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
Thanks; I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who ended 2003 with a whimper...
Sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  11:10:21  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
meh...it seems like it was a pretty bad day for everyone.

I've been having another herxheimer reaction...stupid lyme disease...I also have that nasty flu that's going around, so I was bed-ridden all day. When I did have the energy to get up to get some food there was nothing to eat and my dad was gone. I needed something in my stomach because I don't like it when it eats itself from the inside out. It's no fun...so I go to get some pepto-bismal and some milk of magnesia and there's none left...blah! I ended up throwing up stomach acid and bile all day...and passed out a couple of times. Stupid 2003. I'm glad it's over.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  11:10:21  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
meh...it seems like it was a pretty bad day for everyone.

I've been having another herxheimer reaction...stupid lyme disease...I also have that nasty flu that's going around, so I was bed-ridden all day. When I did have the energy to get up to get some food there was nothing to eat and my dad was gone. I needed something in my stomach because I don't like it when it eats itself from the inside out. It's no fun...so I go to get some pepto-bismal and some milk of magnesia and there's none left...blah! I ended up throwing up stomach acid and bile all day...and passed out a couple of times. Stupid 2003. I'm glad it's over.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  18:25:52  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I spent 5 hours and 45 minutes driving from MI to PA. The rest was weird.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  18:25:52  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I spent 5 hours and 45 minutes driving from MI to PA. The rest was weird.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000