Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  22:06:13  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
There's three books..the movie covers the first. It misses a LOT of great stuff tho.
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  22:51:56  Show Profile
I always thought that the end of K-PAX was supposed to be ambiguous, as to whether Prot was an alien entity that inhabited the mind of (can't recall the guys name, Kevin Spacey's character...) Do the books actually provide a definite answer?

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
Carl Sagan

Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  04:20:34  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Yeah Dave.... I finished reading the first book last night.... very good in fact, and will have to get onto Amazon to send me the second and third installment. Is K Pax a true story, as it's written in a style as if it is based on real events??

The ending is a bit abiguous and is open to interpretation I guess. What I gathered was that Prog jumped into Roberts body, and was in fact an alien form. But every now and then Roberts personality would show, for example during hypnosis and when Genes wife turned on the sprinkler.

The stuff about his knowledge of the universe, etc etc which no-one else would have known gave me the idea that Prog did in fact go back to KPax at the end of the first book. Afterall Genes Astronomy friend mentionned that the stuff Prog was writing down and saying about space was answering alot of questions that the top astronomers couldn't work out but which now seemed to make sense.

It's really a great book, and great film.... would be nice if they made a sequel in fact with Big Jeff and Kev in the same role.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  04:20:34  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Yeah Dave.... I finished reading the first book last night.... very good in fact, and will have to get onto Amazon to send me the second and third installment. Is K Pax a true story, as it's written in a style as if it is based on real events??

The ending is a bit abiguous and is open to interpretation I guess. What I gathered was that Prog jumped into Roberts body, and was in fact an alien form. But every now and then Roberts personality would show, for example during hypnosis and when Genes wife turned on the sprinkler.

The stuff about his knowledge of the universe, etc etc which no-one else would have known gave me the idea that Prog did in fact go back to KPax at the end of the first book. Afterall Genes Astronomy friend mentionned that the stuff Prog was writing down and saying about space was answering alot of questions that the top astronomers couldn't work out but which now seemed to make sense.

It's really a great book, and great film.... would be nice if they made a sequel in fact with Big Jeff and Kev in the same role.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000