Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  02:11:08  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
According to Amazon.co.uk, the release of the "Nadine" Ep #2 (including "Snake Oil" and "Ludwigshafen") has been delayed until October 13.

massif snake
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  10:04:05  Show Profile  Visit massif snake's Homepage  Click to see massif snake's MSN Messenger address
thats cool- pick it up just in time for the london gig.

have sex with the nuns at my school.
Go to Top of Page

FrequencyOfGlow
- FB Fan -

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  10:37:50  Show Profile  Visit FrequencyOfGlow's Homepage
has this nadine #2 ep been discussed already on this forum? i did not see it.

I like that lemur, I lick it. That's velvety!
Go to Top of Page

BrendanT
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
907 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  11:31:50  Show Profile
Is it being released world-wide. Or as wide as the markets allow. Or just in Europe?

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

It's step, hip, step, pivot! Are you trying to piss-off the volcano?!
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2003 :  22:16:04  Show Profile
I don't believe this thread is being given enough attention so bump! Has anyone heard either of these 2 b-sides? I just searched for it on us amazon but no go. If it comes out in the usa on oct 13 that'd be the bestest b-day present ever, to myself :)
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  00:49:40  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address
i think its the UK edition as its being released on Cooking Vinyl.

They are about, dressed to deceive, architect David Vincent
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  03:48:29  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
Yeah, it's a UK-only release. You can order it at Amazon.co.uk.
I posted the info 2 or 3 months ago. It must have been archived.

For the newcomers, here's the exact track list :

1. Nadine 3'04
2. Snake Oil (written by FB, previously unreleased) 2'42
3. Ludwigshafen (written by FB, previously unreleased) 2'17

Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  04:08:37  Show Profile
You can order AND receive Nadine direct from Cooking Vinyl now:

http://www.cookingvinyl.com/news/news_page.php?page=87

Not only can you order this second single from Frank Black and The Catholics new album Show Me Your Tears, but we will ship it out straight away meaning that you'll have Nadine before it hits the shops.

The single has got the following tracks:
1. Nadine, 2. Snake Oil, 3. Ludwigshafen

Dave, Jim or Dean - could this me mentioned in the news section?

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath

Edited by - Ten Percenter on 10/02/2003 04:57:49
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  07:42:46  Show Profile
wow, thanks
Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  09:04:15  Show Profile
Yeah thanks.

-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  09:44:46  Show Profile
Just ordered mine. $11.71 American; a little harsh but I'm sure worth it. I just wonder how soon "straight away" is. I hope it's well before the 13th. Yippee, I'm excited now.
Go to Top of Page

Coldheartofstone
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
2025 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  09:58:54  Show Profile  Click to see Coldheartofstone's MSN Messenger address
instant delivery... now thats an idea...
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  07:38:34  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

According to Amazon.co.uk, the release of the "Nadine" Ep #2 (including "Snake Oil" and "Ludwigshafen") has been delayed until October 13.

was nadine #1 ever released over here? I've seen a US review of it, with the live tracks, but nothing over here?
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  08:04:46  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address
No it was a US only release, though i ordered it online

Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2003 :  02:27:40  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by gary13th

Where from? I'm quite tempted, but only if it's not going to cost me a fortune...
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2003 :  06:54:45  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by bumblebeeboy2

quote:
Originally posted by gary13th

Where from? I'm quite tempted, but only if it's not going to cost me a fortune...

http://www.efetus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ELF&Product_Code=0075007801322&Category_Code=997 efetus still have copies

Go to Top of Page

Old Neptuna
- FB Fan -

Ireland
200 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  12:25:19  Show Profile
Apparently - Nadine is NOT to now go on general release. It will not be in the shops in the UK – although Cooking Vinyl will still be selling it on the site & it will be for sale, (while they last), at all the remaining UK gigs, (though at around £1 more expensive as it’s now 'limited' to 1000 copies).

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  15:58:30  Show Profile
i never get to buy anything.:(

doo doo doo...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  00:31:24  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
I think I have to buy it in a shop for lot's of €
because I haven't got a credit card
maybe my dad will purchase it for me though

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  04:10:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Coldheartofstone

well, I ordered my copy from Cooking Vinyl on October 2nd. My credit card was debited 20 seconds later, but I have never received any confirmation of shipping and Cooking Vinyl never replied to my mail asking for order status....that's not very "instant delivery"...
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  09:11:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by moro

quote:
Originally posted by Coldheartofstone

well, I ordered my copy from Cooking Vinyl on October 2nd. My credit card was debited 20 seconds later, but I have never received any confirmation of shipping and Cooking Vinyl never replied to my mail asking for order status....that's not very "instant delivery"...

That almost exactly matches my experience. Ordered the same day, immediate debit, no confirmation of order or shipping, and have received no reply to my three messages to their customer service and "info" email addresses. A couple years ago Cooking Vinyl seemed like a much tighter outfit.
Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  13:05:46  Show Profile
I'm in the same boat. Paid and waiting for my copy.

-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  16:59:35  Show Profile
Same here. No confirmation is very unnerving; it's just bad business. Has anyone ever had problems with cooking vinyl before?

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  02:11:34  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
According to Bob Allen - and I trust him - our beloved Nadine should be in the post tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  02:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
I got Bob's email this morning, but in fact it was sent yesterday. So I suppose that our orders, or at least some / most of them, were actually shipped yesterday.

Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  04:10:34  Show Profile
A message from Cooking Vinyl, I'm afraid our postal services might explain some of the delays experienced above:

Anyone that has ordered ANYTHING of FB’s from Cooking Vinyl before today has all gone out. In fact we’ve managed to get everything out this week within 2 days of receiving the order.

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath
Go to Top of Page

Valhalla
- FB Fan -

Germany
80 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  11:46:02  Show Profile
I got the Nadine EP#2 yesterday. Especially Ludwigshafen is excellent ! Ludwigshafen is a town in Germany, Frank sings about it and even mentiones the postal code of this town "67059" in German ! In German 67059 is "Sechs Sieben Null Fuenf Neun". YOu can hear this code 2 or 3 times in the lyrics. Thank you Frank for this nice song :-). Andre from Germany

Andre
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  15:43:46  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Cooking Vinyl's site keeps hosing up on me whenever I try to order something..anything. :( I just gave up - I tried several browsers - could it be my mac? I doubt it, but... Anybody else have a mac and able to successfully use their ordering system?

John Bigboote! Look! They have Sweet n Low!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  02:58:58  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
For those who don't want to deal with Cooking Vinyl - it seems that Nadine #2 will be soon available at Amazon UK...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000BVM4Z/qid=1066297302/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/026-2298075-4100466

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  10:32:19  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

For those who don't want to deal with Cooking Vinyl - it seems that Nadine #2 will be soon available at Amazon UK...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000BVM4Z/qid=1066297302/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/026-2298075-4100466

Thanks for that Frog in the Sand :), but I was checking it out yesterday, and it looks like (from the one review anyway) it is actually Nadine #1?, excerpt from review:
"...The first song is the terrific "Nadine", from the Catholic's upcoming "Show Me Your Tears". This song is brilliant, and I can't wait for the album's release next month. The next three songs (live versions of "Hermaphroditos", "Los Angeles", and "Jane, the Queen of Love") are pretty solid. The stand-out, however, is the mind-blowing "cover" of the Pixies classic "Gouge Away"..."

Do you think they're just mixed up and reviewing the wrong one? I sure hope so, because I'd love to be able to buy this.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  11:56:50  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris
Thanks for that Frog in the Sand :), but I was checking it out yesterday, and it looks like (from the one review anyway) it is actually Nadine #1?, excerpt from review:
"...The first song is the terrific "Nadine", from the Catholic's upcoming "Show Me Your Tears". This song is brilliant, and I can't wait for the album's release next month. The next three songs (live versions of "Hermaphroditos", "Los Angeles", and "Jane, the Queen of Love") are pretty solid. The stand-out, however, is the mind-blowing "cover" of the Pixies classic "Gouge Away"..."

Do you think they're just mixed up and reviewing the wrong one? I sure hope so, because I'd love to be able to buy this.

I'm pretty sure that the guy actually reviewed the wrong Nadine (#1). Amazon mentions clearly the release date (October 20) and the label (Cooking Vinyl). As you probably know, Nadine #1 was released 2 months ago by SpinArt.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  12:16:48  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Thank you very much - that makes sense :)
I will see what I can dig up. Am I the only one having problems w/Cooking Vinyl's website?
Go to Top of Page

holzgrafe
- FB Fan -

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  13:08:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris
Am I the only one having problems w/Cooking Vinyl's website?

Not having problems with the site but after ordering it is disconcerting to not receive acknowledgement. And then they ignore emails querying them on order status. Eventually you learn your order was accepted, either by finding the disc in your mailbox or by seeing a post by a considerate Italian saying he received your order by mistake. And then Cooking Vinyl ignores your subsequent email asking them to clarify and make sure they do indeed intend to fulfill your order. Other than that I have no problems with Cooking Vinyl.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  13:44:04  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Yeah, that kinda sucks, but at least the person your CD was sent to let you know they had it! How rare is that? Hope you get it soon. :) I also hope CV is gonna be ok - seems like they're struggling a bit.
Go to Top of Page

Djangology69
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  04:10:05  Show Profile
I got my copy from Cooking Vinyl yesterday and only ordered it last week, so don't worry if yours hasn't arrived yet - I never got any further communication bar the Visa confirmation email either.

Plus they included an EP by some guy called Dan Bern as a little bonus, so that was pretty nice of them.

Order from CV over Amazon if you can, I say.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  15:01:11  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
The ordering page finally worked and I got to order mine a few days ago. Yay! I guess they were just having code or server problems, cause it just kept hanging up, no matter what page I clicked the "order" button on. Can't wait to get it, ahhh the lovely suspense....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000