New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  16:55:46  Show Profile
I'm having a lot of trouble resizing the art to my bootlegs. I use EasyCdCreator 4 and import images into it. I've tried resizing the images in Paint programs but they still look blotchy when imported. Can anyone tell me how to resize properly? Perhaps you know the exact percent to "stretch" down the image. I'm using a lot of the art from this site: http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/mun_chien/frank%20black.htm
when you click on the little pictures you get a huge image of both the front and back inserts. Anyhoo, any help would be appreciated. I suppose this could also go in the FTP section sice the images are the same size as some of the art on the FTP but as this is a bootlegs section I figured I try here first. Thanks.

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  02:34:47  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

I'm having a lot of trouble resizing the art to my bootlegs. I use EasyCdCreator 4 and import images into it. I've tried resizing the images in Paint programs but they still look blotchy when imported. Can anyone tell me how to resize properly? Perhaps you know the exact percent to "stretch" down the image. I'm using a lot of the art from this site: http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/mun_chien/frank%20black.htm
when you click on the little pictures you get a huge image of both the front and back inserts. Anyhoo, any help would be appreciated. I suppose this could also go in the FTP section sice the images are the same size as some of the art on the FTP but as this is a bootlegs section I figured I try here first. Thanks.

Hi there.I'm glad that at least one person uses that stuff.The single page is meant to be printed as is ,without resizing.When you print the whole page just choose print image,without stretching the page or using the other resizing printer options.Then just cut the covers along the lines (the ones on the edges).

PS: i updated the site,the link is always the same:
www.munchienandalusia.too.it

Presented In Mind Control/Where Available

Edited by - mun chien andalusia on 09/23/2003 05:02:11
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  10:22:03  Show Profile
Oh great! Thanks. For some reason I thought they would print too big. Thanks again, I didn't think I'd actually get a reply! And thanks for the site too.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  10:52:27  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
Wait before printing any artwork quoted as Mediablaze design.I should be able to put higher resolution images soon,thanks to the Big Galoof who made them and wants to share too Visit his site:
www.mediablazedesign.com
I could also use some help.Please send me any bootleg artwork you may have.I'm trying to create a pixies/fb bootleg art database and it's extremely difficult to find decent cover scans.That's it,enjoy...

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  12:36:34  Show Profile
Hey again. Sorry to keep bothering you but when I open the image it loads at first as the full, large image but when it finishes loading it resizes it automatically on my screen so that I can see both the front and back on one screen. When I print image however, it prints about 1/3 of the oversized front cover. Did that make any sense? Well, perhaps you know how to fix that. Thanks once again.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  09:23:57  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

Hey again. Sorry to keep bothering you but when I open the image it loads at first as the full, large image but when it finishes loading it resizes it automatically on my screen so that I can see both the front and back on one screen. When I print image however, it prints about 1/3 of the oversized front cover. Did that make any sense? Well, perhaps you know how to fix that. Thanks once again.
Chris

-when I open the image it loads at first as the full, large image but when it finishes loading it resizes it automatically on my screen so that I can see both the front and back on one screen.
That's normal if you open the image with windows.
-When I print image however, it prints about 1/3 of the oversized front cover.
That's not normal.When you click on the print button it should ask you how do you want the image to be printed and you should choose the print in original size option.I use irfanview to visualize images but i guess it's the same under windows.Maybe you close up to the image before printing?

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  10:43:06  Show Profile
Thanks once again. Though it took me a while to get to it I finally DLed Irfanview. It seems like it'll work beautifully. I don't think explorer has an option to print original size unless I'm just completely inept, which is entirely possible. Anyhoo, thanks a lot for guiding me through this.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  16:18:22  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
you are welcome...anyway you did the best thing dling irfanview.it's a great program and it's free.get all the plugins too if you don't have dled them already.

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  22:26:41  Show Profile
What else can the programs and plugins do?
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  03:59:44  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
you can associate irfanview with most audio and video files.i use it to listen to mp3's and wav files.

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  19:41:42  Show Profile
Hey mun chien andalusia, just read your plea on your site for cover scans. Do you have a scan of the Doolittle Demos boot? The cd also features a live show though which escapes me for the moment. Anyhoo, I don't have a scanner here but when I go home (someday) I'd be more than happy to scan it for you. It'll be my first, though small, contribution and thanks. If you have it, oh well, I'll just keep trying.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2003 :  05:44:29  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
i think you are talking about the "give me ecstacy" boot
Two excellent boots into one: the first half (16 tracks) consists of Doolittle demos, whereas the second half (13 tracks) was recorded live in Liverpool (May 3rd 1989).
i'd love to have scans from this one,thanks.

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2003 :  07:14:36  Show Profile
yup, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Well I'm headed home in a few weeks so I'll try to scan em up :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000