New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  04:36:50  Show Profile
It seems to me that SMYT is getting much more airplay over here compared to the pitiful amounts BLD/DW achieved. BBC Radio 6 has been playing it for months. John Peel played Everything is New recently on BBC Radio 1 (according to his archives he played San Antonio, Tx last year though!). Jonathan Ross played My Favorite Kiss last Saturday on BBC RAdio 2, and mentioned that he hoped Frank would come into the studio again during the forthcoming tour. I have now heard tracks from SMYT being played on three separate shows on BBC Radio Scotland. Virgin Radio (Captain America show) has also featured the album. Anyone else heard tracks/features/interviews from your part of the world?

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  05:27:16  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
I know Bernard Lenoir (the guy behind the Black Sessions radio show) played Nadine last week, but that's all. I don't listen to "rock" radios.

Denis

"I'm in the Cult of Frank/Now how the hell do I get out?"
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  07:24:05  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
I've heard fuck all in China, although it's good to hear that the man is getting airplay again!

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  07:25:50  Show Profile
they often play frank black or pixies (which is still going to help his current career) on X-Fm, which is good.
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  11:38:17  Show Profile
I wish they'd play it here, but about the only station that MIGHT would be 94.3, and they're too caught up on playing Linkin Park, Metallica, and Limp Bizkit.

Anyone ever hear any FB/Pixies songs on a MAINSTREAM radio station besides these:

- Here Comes Your Man
- Los Angeles
- Headache

Sadly, I never have.

"...you can see here by my grin I don't give a fuck..."
Go to Top of Page

dave
- FB Fan -

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  08:55:01  Show Profile  Visit dave's Homepage
Just dialing around the internet, i've heard several songs from SMYT on a couple of different stations, One out of Miami & One from Seattle i know for sure ( these are also internet streams of FM play - not internet only stations) and i'm pretty sure it was all over the radio the day the "news" broke about the possible reunion.
Go to Top of Page

massif snake
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  09:09:25  Show Profile  Visit massif snake's Homepage  Click to see massif snake's MSN Messenger address
if anyones interested, i just heard nadine on xfm (104.9 london) like right this second.

have sex with the nuns at my school.
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  11:37:46  Show Profile
today FM play a bit of the new album too - especially tom dunne and alison curtis. also HMV is still playing it in store as well which is great.

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000