New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AdrianDenning
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2002 :  11:38:12  Show Profile  Visit AdrianDenning's Homepage
This forum was just brought to my attention when somebody noticed my Frank Black & Pixies album review pages, and suggested I introduce myself. I thought posting a link to those reviews would be as good a way as any. Feel free to mail me directly if you wish to add comments to any of the pages. Thanks.

http://www.adriandenning.com/frankblack.html

Edited by - El Barto on 03/23/2003 22:36:01

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2002 :  12:34:40  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Cool..welcome aboard!

Arrh.. Arrrrh..

- Dave the pirate
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2002 :  19:32:55  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address
That would be me. Welcome aboard and enjoy the stay.

ps. I love Surfer Rosa better but you are entitled to your opinion.

"It's the Nexus of the Crisis"
BÖCswu
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  14:43:18  Show Profile
wow, what a great page, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2002 :  00:41:30  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Is Bossanova an underrated album amongst Pixies fans and the critics?? Personally I reckons its better than than Doolittle, although I guess all the Pixies albums are amazing. I saw a program about the Pixies where the announcer said that by the time Bossanova came out you could tell that they had had their day... Fuck that, Bossanova is a cracking album, and so is Trompe Le Monde (even though it is in my opinion the weaker out of the albums).
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2002 :  09:34:58  Show Profile
Yes, I totally agree. It REALLY annoys me that in every single Pixies retrospective, they make the first 3 out to be physical perfection (which they very well might be) but then they always say bad things about Bossanova and Trompe. This is so dated, I find that a lot of "original" fans (i.e. people who were into the Pixies when those albums came out) find those albums dissapointing, but every person i play them to (my friends are generally teenagers/early 20s) are always very impressed.
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2002 :  13:14:51  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
yah i lean more towards trompe than doolittle when picking a favorite and bossonova isnt too shabby itself

-miked
Go to Top of Page

AdrianDenning
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2002 :  10:35:49  Show Profile  Visit AdrianDenning's Homepage
Bossanova was the first Pixies I heard. I only bought the first two albums after I had 'Doolittle', 'Trompe' and 'Bossanova' - and they just didn't blow me away like the other albums did, and still do.
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  20:07:32  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
A Canadian friend of mine recorded me a tape of stuff she was listening to, which included a few Pixies songs. There were about 5 songs in all, 3 from Bossanova and 2 from Doolittle. On the strenth of the songs that I heard I went out and brought Bossanova and thought it was the best album that I had heard in a long time (even though I'd seen Doolittle ranked in the top 100 albums of all time (BBC poll I think)). Then Doolitte followed, although I have to admit that I like Bossanova much more (although there are no songs which compare to Gouge Away). Surprisingly enough, the album I bought last and took me longer to get into was Surfer Rosa.... for some reason at first I didn't really like it, but now it is probably my favourite Pixies album.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000