New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  23:18:48  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Here's a friendly suggestion for those of you posting tabs to the forums...there are tags called [ code ] [ /code ] (no spaces) which can be used to display plain text, which is best for tabs. for example:

E-----
B-----
G--1--
D--2--
A--2--
E--0--

See? Better, huh?

Edited by - El Barto on 10/13/2002 23:19:06

akparasite
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2003 :  14:14:05  Show Profile
Just as another side note...

Anyone creating tabs should consider the neato freeware out there to help create accurate and legible tab...it's called Bucket O'Tab. I've been using it for awhile now, and it is slick. You can download it at the following website:

http://www.antisleep.com/bucket/

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  15:22:20  Show Profile
I had an interesting conversation with Scott Boutier after the Shank Hall show. One thing that sticks out in my mind is that Scott said that NONE, zip, zero, of the tabs on this site are 100% correct. Maybe I'll post complete set lists in a few days.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  15:28:14  Show Profile
well hell i wouldn't go that far. I mean the easy ones like Thalassocracy, etc. have to be correct
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  19:41:21  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Play em along with the album...maybe they're not all 100% accurate, but they sound close enough.
Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  21:28:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by NimrodsSon

well hell i wouldn't go that far. I mean the easy ones like Thalassocracy, etc. have to be correct

Well, who are you going to believe? Someone in the band that plays this music for a living or a fan who transcribes the music imprecisely? I'm only telling you what I heard directly from a band member....
And I certainly tend to believe Scott Boutier.
matt
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  03:54:23  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
well its pretty hard to tell just by listening what voicing of chords are being used. thats probably whats wrong about most of them, but in the end for us it probably doesnt matter.

-miked
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  11:44:57  Show Profile
I tab the songs as good as I can (and i don't tab all of them mind you). I'll even admit that I know some of the tabs aren't up to par, but I feel confident that they are good enough for your average guitar player who just wants to have a little fun jamming along with a CD. In the grande scheme of things, does it really matter if they aren't 100% correct? It's not like those using my tabs are gonna tour with the Catholics.

And on a quick side note, does Scott Boutier play guitar too? I just found it interesting that the drummer of the band said the tabs aren't 100% right. I'm not doubting him or saying he doesn't know what he is talkign about, it's just ironic.

I'm curious as to what tabs aren't "100% right." Because I am confident about quite of few of my tabs being a very close interpretation of the song. The way you say it, franktaper ("NONE, zip, zero"), sounds like all the tabs are absolutely shitty. Some of the tabs have to be at least 98% right.

Find out more info, franktaper, and that would be cool. I accept any corrections, but not many people send me any.

Derek
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  12:45:06  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
No way is Six-Sixty-Six correct...no way...
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  13:16:43  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Aye, stop being so damn petulant. Derek has done a spectacular job with these tabs.

As he said, they're more than good enough to play along with, what more do we want or need?

I find it interesting that Scott would say that, but it doesn't need to be presented in a degrading manner.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2003 :  15:30:29  Show Profile
Crap, you're right, six-sixty-six is sixty-six percent wrong.

Franktaper- I'm just curious, how (and why) did you get to talking about FB.net with Scott Boutier? Was it a long conversation, or did you just go up to him and say "what do you think of FB.net?"

I find it weird that if you got to chat with Scott Boutier, you'd wanna talk about a website you don't even like (I'm assuming you are Mupdike at abstractplain, right?).

Derek
Go to Top of Page

haki
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  07:07:00  Show Profile
What the fuck is that trying to say that "none zip zero" tabs are correct ?
1. A large quantity of frank's song are written using very simple major/minor chords (you can just see that by looking at frank playing) at least before cahtolics era. (side note : as far as i'm concerned that's even more impressive that the man writes great songs with like 4 major chords and one minor. making great things with simple ingredients is the signature of genius)
2. whenever there are funky chords involved (modern age, blast off, bad harmony, etc it seems frank's compositions are getting more and more complex in terms of both chords and time tempo) , derek has ALWAYS mentionned it and said what was his best guess.
3. many average (to say the least) guitar players like me had had the most delightful time playing FB songs even approximately (but if it's an 96% approximation, who cares, plus the tabs are always very neatly presented with the lyrics and chord description) and it would have us (me) taken hours on end just to get a few chords correct (cause most of the songs are very rich in term of harmony)

Derek don't feel bad, don't let that bring you down. A lot of people here are grateful. SUPPORT OUR TAB MASTER!
Go to Top of Page

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  07:32:17  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
yes ! completly agree with you haki. and one thing more : scott is a drumer... how could he knows perfectly guitar tab? hein?

- Pong

"i'll be on the first fligh"
Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  10:34:29  Show Profile
I was talking with Scott after the Shank Hall show and the subject came up in the course of the conversation. I don't recall how the tabs thing was brought up. We probably spoke for half an hour or so. It was another member of the Catholics who had checked out the tabs, Scott was just the guy who told me about it.
>>>>>>>>>
quote:
Originally posted by ProverbialCereal

Crap, you're right, six-sixty-six is sixty-six percent wrong.

Franktaper- I'm just curious, how (and why) did you get to talking about FB.net with Scott Boutier? Was it a long conversation, or did you just go up to him and say "what do you think of FB.net?"

I find it weird that if you got to chat with Scott Boutier, you'd wanna talk about a website you don't even like (I'm assuming you are Mupdike at abstractplain, right?).

Derek

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000