New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  13:13:48  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I was just daydreaming in beta land and was thinking to myself that it'd be really cool to have another FB video. I know that he's not into that and that's not what the music is about, but come on, they're always funny and usually poking fun at the whole "we're doing a video thing" thing. Maybe this wouldn't be the album to do a funny one with, but I think that there are a lot of songs he could do cool stuff with from it. Especially with all these singles he's doing...

The question would be which track to do a video for. It'd probably be one of the singles, but why not leave it open... thoughts?

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  14:21:47  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
i think one for whatever happened to pong would be good. perhaps him flying like in headache (hahahaha i love that), whilst playing pong, or something.....?

eyyyy!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  15:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, there are lots of his older songs that could have cool videos, but I meant more from a SMYT view. Still, that's as interesting a question - if you could have a video for one FB song, what would it be? I'm not sure I could pick, but I'll have to think on that.
Go to Top of Page

Levitated
= Cult of Ray =

Chile
652 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  17:48:21  Show Profile
hehe the best one is Los Angeles with that grunge band...haha soo funny :)
Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  04:46:01  Show Profile
i've only seen three frank videos, headache, hang on to you ego and los angeles, and i would love to see a new one. i did hear somewhere on the forum that he did a video for robert onion but i've never seen it.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  11:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Hmmm... I've never heard of a Robert Onion video, but that's not to say it doesn't exist.. I think a video for New House of the Pope could be pretty cool from the new albums. I was thinking Snake, but that would probably end up looking like a cheesy Discovery channel clip.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6055 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2003 :  06:35:53  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
Frank did say in an interview that they did an low budget video for Robert Onion in Germany, but it's wasn't for comercial release or anything,

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

paintmeister
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2003 :  19:56:36  Show Profile
There is also the Men In Black video. It was on the MuchMusic program they did a few months ago.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2003 :  21:37:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, I've seen the MIB one... I think that was the last one they ever did, though if there is a Robert Onion one then that would obviously nullify MIB's claim to fame. Does anyone out there have it? Or a track that they'd REALLY like to see a video for?
Go to Top of Page

Omer
= Cult of Ray =

275 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  11:47:50  Show Profile
I think that 'Superbound' would make a great Video - I see space pictures along with slashy guitars and bizarre clones.

From the newer stuff (haven't heard show me your tears yet :-) - I think 'Heloise' would make a cool video - I see a middle ages convent, with heloise as a nun and Frank as Abelard - I like that image.

Of course 'His Kingly Cave' and '21 Reasons' practically dictate the locations for THOSE videos.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  12:23:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, I think the video for Kingly Cave would be pretty awesome, but I have a special attachment to that song.
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  12:27:41  Show Profile
Why, because of that awful cover you did? Constant self-promoter... shamefull.....
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  20:20:59  Show Profile
I would love to see a video for Manitoba. There is a terrible/great William Shatner album from 1967 (as I'm sure a lot of folks know about) called The Transformed Man, and the title track is a spoken word piece set to an avant garde orchestral composition. The story tells of a man, casting away society and all things human, who journeys deep into the forest and ultimatly transcends life as we know it. It's kinda cool, and it ends with Shatner proclaiming "I have touched the face of God!", and the music crescendos in triumph and yet discourse...leaving the listener uncomfortable and somewhat sad. Strangely, Manitoba recalls this weird Shatner thing for me, though its obvious the reference to the 'face of God' is what does it...however, both pieces are bleeding with torturous compromise and bleakness...dissatisfaction maybe...I dunno...just wanted to share...

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  21:25:42  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I'd really like to know the story behind Manitoba (though I think I can piece it together from the lyrics, I know Frank's stuff well enough to know that surface meanings are generally misleading). I think a video might help shed some light on such things, and it'd certainly be a great song to see.
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  08:02:46  Show Profile
Theres a Dont wanna hurt you every single time video as well. It reminds me of eraserhead. Probably coz its black and white. A video for Billy Radcliffe would be good.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  08:34:17  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
Damn! I got all excited when I saw this topic and thought there WAS a new video. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  08:36:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Well, if there were to be a new video for one of the songs, which would you choose? Come on, Ramona? Sing it.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  08:43:06  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
Massif Central
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  08:51:31  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Porque?
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  09:06:13  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
Cause it rules and features a certain lovely bass player AND I just adore (love madly!) the lyrics.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  09:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Alright, I'll (over)bite... what would you make the video about... like what sort of imagery and things going on? If you were producing it...
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  10:02:16  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
I picture something with scenary of France - they could be playing in the hills of Central France? Intercutting footage of them playing with footage of beautiful vistas? I don't know. Just put McDave and Frank in a room playing and film that - that would be good. I really haven't given it a ton of thought other than I fucking love that song.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  10:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Sort of an open air jam session ala Allison, except with the hills of France instead of the rows of bleachers. I could see footage in a club and he's sitting there looking for that sign of interest from the girls, running back to the hills for solitude/thinking, or maybe having a picnic on the walls of Antibes and then them playing from his 'garden' in a really relaxed kinda' way. You know, while they grope for tune-ah. Maybe some ghosting of a whole crowd of women all flashing a smile/winking or whatever. And then him flashing a smile back and theirs all disappearing.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  10:30:18  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
I like it!

and this cracked me up - I almost spit out my coffee!
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

You know, while they grope for tune-ah.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  10:35:16  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I live to give. :)
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  17:09:33  Show Profile
I think a great video for Massif Centrale would simply be the Frank and his Catholics trying to perform the song while riding bumper cars.
Why would we want to see what the song is really about?

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11684 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  00:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Heh... yeah, well it would be more Frank's style to have a video like that, for sure. Still, I don't think that a video has to tell you what the song is about per se, but I think that it can add a new depth to the lyrics if done artfully.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000