Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Anone taping the 8th July London, Underworld show?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kurdtkobain
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  03:21:09  Show Profile  Visit kurdtkobain's Homepage
Can someone please tape the FB show at 'The Underworld', London, UK. I'm going but my mic has broken.

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  07:26:36  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
I was going to ask the very same thing. I'd love to have a record of the gig (other than photos) but my equipment is currently limited to a minidisc recorder with a semi-broken battery which has a life of about ten minutes. I'd buy a new battery, but they're £40 can you believe?

Anyway, hope to see you guys there.
Go to Top of Page

kurdtkobain
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  02:49:04  Show Profile  Visit kurdtkobain's Homepage
I should be taping it now, but the more, the better! Is Frank pro taping?
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  04:17:18  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
According to http://www.theunderworldcamden.co.uk, there will be support from Kristeen Young. I'd never heard of her, but you can find out more from http://www.ifp.uiuc.edu/~lanterma/kristeen. Looks like she could be fairly entertaining.

So how many of us are going be at the Underworld tomorrow night?

And if doors are 7:30pm and there's a support act, then roughly what time will the show finish?

I have to get a train :(
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  08:13:09  Show Profile
It's my first Frank gig. I don't know how long he'll play for, but hey, it's fantastic to see him. I only got into the Pixies about a year ago... it's been one weird musical rollercoaster since then.
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  08:20:33  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
So are we going to meet up there? And was the black carnation a serious suggestion or am I going to arrive looking like the village idiot? Also - where the hell do you get a black carnation from?

It's my first Frank Black gig also. My first gig of any type for a year - and damn I'm looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  08:57:05  Show Profile
Black carnations? Um, you could try feeding any normal carnation black ink :P

It'd be cool to meet.
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  01:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage

I don't think you NEED a black carnation (though it would be cool), but wearing a flower would act as some kind of signifier letting us know who's 'forum-folk'.

I say this but whether or not I'll be there tonight is in the lap of the gods - i haven't got a ticket so I've gotta turn up and see if anyone has a spare they're willing to sell.
Go to Top of Page

Leah
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  01:58:33  Show Profile
Okay I've told my pals that we'll meet here:

http://www.fancyapint.com/thepubs/pub1588.htm

The Devonshire is a spit away from the Underworld - and I should be fairly easy to spot since I'll be wearing my red shirt and have red/orange/brown hair, and if in any doubt I look like this:
http://www.sweetfoolthemouth.co.uk/images/leahavatar.jpg

I should be there from about 6.30 onwards - drinking guiness and smoking menthols...

See anyone brave enough to say hi there!

Every choice human being strives instinctively for a citadel and a secrecy where he is saved from the crowd -
Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  05:28:44  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
Dammit. I've already arranged to meet a couple of pals in the World's End (right next to the Underworld if I remember). I should be in there with my missus around 7:00pm and we look like this:

Albeit slightly less freaky in real life. (I hope).

Go to Top of Page

thecomeons
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  06:22:18  Show Profile  Visit thecomeons's Homepage
good god. another breakout from the funny-farm ;)

my manta is a ray
Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  06:52:11  Show Profile
on the ticket it says that fb is on stage at 8.30- that doesn't leave alot of time for support.
it should be a really good show- a friend of mine has been to the underworld and she said its really small, about 500 capacity.
i'll see you there.
Go to Top of Page

weird_white
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  09:42:38  Show Profile
Ziggy might join u. hes already in london & hasnt checked the forun since b4 meeting times wer posted- iv passed on the message. hehe i feel silly sittin @ home passin on messages- shame i couldnt go....

~weird_white~ (yes, im promised to the night)
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  18:22:01  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
How did the gig go??? Man am I pissed that I couldn't stay in England for another week to catch the show... what was the setlist??

War....... Its not fantastic
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  01:49:10  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart

what was the setlist??

Can't remember the order, but these songs were definitely in the list:

Into the White
Veloria
Holiday Song
Crackity Jones
Horrible Day
Monkey Gone to Heaven
Cactus
I Want to Live on an Abstract Plain
Nadine
Billy Radcliffe
Bullet
Black Rider

...and there were so many more. Lots were off Show me your Tears (I assume). It was my first Frank gig - and definitely not my last. Absolutely amazing!

I have a whole bunch of photos and a couple of video clips which I'll eventually get round to uploading for your viewing pleasure.

Did anyone manage to tape it?
Go to Top of Page

thecomeons
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  04:06:51  Show Profile  Visit thecomeons's Homepage
that's what i was going to ask. any audio?

my manta is a ray
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  05:29:17  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
ah i tape of it would be great! did anyone manage it? i saw a lot of cameras but no video ones :/

lets see some more pictures!

eyyyy!
Go to Top of Page

kurdtkobain
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  13:27:53  Show Profile  Visit kurdtkobain's Homepage
I taped it, need help with the setlist. MP3s soon (with b&p offers to follow).
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  16:10:22  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
Please excuse my newbie-ness, but I've got about 60 photos from the Underworld gig and I don't know what to do with them. They're all 800x600 size and around 100kb each. They're uploaded to my webserver and ready to be posted, but would you prefer them in a separate thread, or perhaps just links to the images?

I might be able to help with the setlist, kurdt. Any chance of getting the mp3s on the FTP site?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  16:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
A link to a webpage (maybe with a list of pictures, not necessarily a photo gallery though they're easy enough to do these days) on your webserver would be ideal.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  16:16:51  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
The frankblack.net site? Nah, we don't do show recordings. Radioshows, yes. TV shows, yes. Private recordings of live shows, no.

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  17:02:14  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
OK - fair point about the FTP site. I really must read the FAQ, right? Anyway, if you want somewhere to host the MP3s then I'd be happy too help...

If you want photos then have a look at this:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2178
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  04:17:54  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by kurdtkobain

I taped it, need help with the setlist. MP3s soon (with b&p offers to follow).

Any news about these mp3s, kurdt?
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  10:35:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

The frankblack.net site? Nah, we don't do show recordings. Radioshows, yes. TV shows, yes. Private recordings of live shows, no.

Then why is that 11/2/02 show up there? That was a private recording wasn't it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000