FB Australian Show Date Confirmed !!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brackish Heart
- FB Fan -

Australia
176 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  06:23:28  Show Profile  Visit Brackish Heart's Homepage  Click to see Brackish Heart's MSN Messenger address
Thought this deserves a new topic...

Straight from the venue itself:

Thursday, August 21 - Corner Hotel Melbourne.

btw, in case you miss it i'll be taping it as well

Forgot to add - tickets on sale next week

Edited by - Brackish Heart on 06/26/2003 06:24:47

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  08:16:53  Show Profile
I'm glad you guys are finally getting some more Frank. Lord knows you've sure stood by the guy.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  08:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, for sure, enjoy the hell out of it, because who knows when you'll see him again down there. He seems to have pacified all the whining public (myself included) who pined for him to visit their country/province/continent here. Hopefully it's been worth it and fun for him and he will do it all again.
Go to Top of Page

Spartacus
- FB Fan -

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  19:13:52  Show Profile
Erebus, Cult: thankyou for your kind words. I had never heard of FB when he last came so this is fantastic news for us down under. Im sure I speak for every Aussie on this forum when I say that the next two months are going to be bloody long!!!

'I thought that I would stay just for a while'
Go to Top of Page

Don Eduardo
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
403 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  20:03:46  Show Profile  Click to see Don Eduardo's MSN Messenger address
Kudos for the info Mr. Heart.....i will be buying a ticket as soon as they come out!
Go to Top of Page

alstar
- FB Fan -

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  06:20:13  Show Profile
My brother and me saw the ad in rhythem magazine a week ago. Called the corner hotel today and got conformation that Frank Black will be playing on the 21st of August. It will be a solo show. The tickets will be between $25 and $35, they will go on sale in about two weeks.
I didn't think i would have gotten the chance to see him, now that it is confirmed i will lap every second up. Who knows how long it would take him to come back again!!!!
Hope to see people who appreciate Franks solo work and not just be there for the pixies songs.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Heart
- FB Fan -

Australia
176 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  19:06:01  Show Profile  Visit Brackish Heart's Homepage  Click to see Brackish Heart's MSN Messenger address
I rang the Metro Theatre in Sydney today (they seem to get the corresponding gigs as the Corner in Melbourne). The guy had no knowledge of Frank playing there yet, but agreed it was likely he'd be playing there if he was playing in Sydney.
Go to Top of Page

BrendanT
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
907 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  06:50:49  Show Profile
Very nice!

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

Buttercup! Bubbles! Let's go!
Go to Top of Page

Sheamus
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
345 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  07:24:16  Show Profile  Visit Sheamus's Homepage  Click to see Sheamus's MSN Messenger address
If he doesn't play in Brisbane I will be forced to cry and spend all my money on flying down to Melbourne to see him.
Go to Top of Page

whore_with_disease
- FB Fan -

New Zealand
22 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  00:58:19  Show Profile
hmmm. Christchurch ain't that far from Melbourne.. wonder if he be venturing to N Zealand.....
Go to Top of Page

Leighroy
- FB Fan -

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  03:10:59  Show Profile
This is just fantastic news, dont think Charles has played Melbourne before. In 94 did anyone see him in Melb? From memory I think he came out for the livid festival in Brisbane but I was 16 and broke so I couldn't go. Anyway this is just fantastic news and Im over the moon....

LEigh
Go to Top of Page

renai42
- FB Fan -

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  02:47:34  Show Profile  Visit renai42's Homepage
hey guys,

I am desperately seeking tickets, Sydney or Melb. Contact me on renai@student.usyd.edu.au or call (02) 9517 4660 if you can help me out. You have no idea how much I am willing to pay for a ticket to see the man.

Renai LeMay
Go to Top of Page

renai42
- FB Fan -

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  18:54:31  Show Profile  Visit renai42's Homepage
anyone know if the melb show has sold out yet?
Go to Top of Page

zoodboog
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  00:29:18  Show Profile
Tuesday 19th August
Annandale Hotel
Sydney, NSW

:o
Go to Top of Page

renai42
- FB Fan -

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  01:32:27  Show Profile  Visit renai42's Homepage
Sydney is sold out Zoodboog.
Go to Top of Page

zoodboog
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  01:51:55  Show Profile
oh GODDAMIT :(
Go to Top of Page

Sheamus
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
345 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  21:11:58  Show Profile  Visit Sheamus's Homepage  Click to see Sheamus's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Leighroy

This is just fantastic news, dont think Charles has played Melbourne before. In 94 did anyone see him in Melb? From memory I think he came out for the livid festival in Brisbane but I was 16 and broke so I couldn't go. Anyway this is just fantastic news and Im over the moon....

LEigh

He played two shows in Vic in 94, in Melbourne and Geelong. The tour poster is on my wall, it's very nice. Support was Custard.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000