Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tabs and Trading
 Trading
 Pixies/Frank Black/The Breeders Combo DC++ Hub?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michael
- FB Fan -

Finland
3 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  13:21:30  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Click to see Michael's MSN Messenger address
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in taking part in a Pixies/Frank Black/The Breeders combo DC++ hub to share live performances?

Me and someone I know would be willing to set the hub up, however for the hub to be successful we need some interest. I'm unaware of a Pixies or Frank Black hub at the moment, but if there is one, can someone please tell me the address?

If you don't know what a DC++ hub is, you can find out by reading this: http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/
Thanks,

- michael

www.the-breeders.com

Edited by - Michael on 06/22/2003 13:25:14

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  15:28:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I'd be interested in giving it a try. Though if you're setting it up in Finland, I'm not sure how great the throughput will be for me in particular, but...
Go to Top of Page

Michael
- FB Fan -

Finland
3 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  16:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Click to see Michael's MSN Messenger address
The person setting it up with me would be based in England.

Distance has very little to do with internet speeds anymore, fortunately. :)

www.the-breeders.com

Edited by - Michael on 06/22/2003 16:19:00
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  18:51:16  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Not when you're crossing the Atlantic through congested OC3 lines. Still, you are correct that it's much better than it used to be.
Go to Top of Page

jpflori
- FB Fan -

France
25 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  02:54:56  Show Profile  Visit jpflori's Homepage  Click to see jpflori's MSN Messenger address
a hub would be a very goo idea, i could share the 2003/06/27 show there :)

Pray for Mr. Potatoes, the one above all of us !!!
Go to Top of Page

nekom
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  22:48:53  Show Profile
Any developments here? I'd be interested in this, too.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  08:51:54  Show Profile
jpflori, I'd love to trade for that show. I emailed you a while back about it and got no response so email me at afos516@aol.com if you're interested. I've got several shows not on your list
Go to Top of Page

Jettison
- FB Fan -

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  08:05:39  Show Profile  Visit Jettison's Homepage
I am interested as well.

www.thecroakers.com
Go to Top of Page

jpflori
- FB Fan -

France
25 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  04:51:28  Show Profile  Visit jpflori's Homepage  Click to see jpflori's MSN Messenger address
im sorry but i wont be able to trade for a while...
im going into vacation tomorrow and i wont be back until the end of august.
moreover i will enter my engenering school in the beginning of september and leave my computer for maybe 8 months...
but if ive got a free week, i'll contact you, there's no problem

Pray for Mr. Potatoes, the one above all of us !!!
Go to Top of Page

nekom
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  16:47:50  Show Profile
Guess this isn't happening, huh.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  08:46:18  Show Profile
sounds interesting...
Go to Top of Page

formengr
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  14:16:24  Show Profile
seems as if this hub never got off the ground, which is a shame. however, i am going to try to do something about that myself. updates to follow...
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  15:26:45  Show Profile
the kdx server is pretty rad. you should check that out.
Go to Top of Page

formengr
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  12:18:42  Show Profile
I have been successful at creation (god complex). There is now a direct connect hub for fiends such as ourselves. If you are new to DC++ go here: http://members.cox.net/radiohub/faq.htm (my pals at the Radiohead Hub have a nice FAQ for PC users of DC++). I know there's software for macs too, but i have no links for it. I'm sure mac client info can be googled.

At risk of alienation, i am making it a lossless hub only. There seems to be a few places to dl mp3's ok, so for us pure of heart traders, shn & flac formats only, please. I personally have 16 or so different shows & demos of the exalted one's in lossless format. Can you all help to bring in more? I am hoping so.

Help me make it a success.

The hub may now be found at: planetofsound.no-ip.org

Peace & happy up & down loads!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  13:14:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Good luck. Sounds like a great idea.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  16:07:03  Show Profile
just got hook up with dc++ and got a show, pretty cool. thanks for setting this up.
Go to Top of Page

formengr
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  17:36:41  Show Profile
No prob. My hope is that i can gather some new material. If unable to use the hub i'd be happy to do some trading & i will place it on the hub/. I have some pretty great shows... but I always seem to be needing more.
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  23:02:58  Show Profile
this whole shn thing is pretty new to me, so if i have some shows on cd that i want to convert, it sounds like the mkw program is the one i should use, but when using this, do i go straight from my cd to this ap or should i copy the files from the cd to my harddrive then use the mkw ap to go to shn?? just curious as to what your work flow may be for making shn's.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

formengr
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  08:13:02  Show Profile
cd>wav (hd)>shn or flac. flac is actually a higher compression than shn & lossless. gogle flac frontend...
Go to Top of Page

formengr
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  08:14:17  Show Profile
you can pm in the hub too...
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  11:55:08  Show Profile
cool thanks for the tips
Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  11:57:31  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Go to Top of Page

formengr
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2003 :  10:47:36  Show Profile
Anyone that might be taping the eropean FB & C's shows would certainly find a welcome home for distribution here... :D
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2003 :  12:04:18  Show Profile
Hey all. I got the program and it said I was connected to the hub but I couldn't see anyone listed as being there. I thought maybe no one was logged on but I connected to other hubs that I knew had members and experienced the same thing. Does anyone know why I can view users? I also wasn't able to fully connect to the KDX thingy. My school uses a firewall (I believe) but Passive Mode wouldn't work either.

I looked in the FAQ and there seems to be a way/code that allows people behind a firewall to get around it but I couldn't follow it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Michael
- FB Fan -

Finland
3 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2003 :  12:22:18  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Click to see Michael's MSN Messenger address
Heh, well sorry but at the time there didn't seem that much interest. The topic seems to have generated some interest in recent times ;)

Anyway, a hub is running now... so I don't have to do it myself, everyone's a winner!!

www.the-breeders.com

Edited by - Michael on 10/06/2003 12:27:19
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2003 :  14:55:45  Show Profile
Are you saying that I couldn't view members because there were no members? Is it running now? I don't understand.
Go to Top of Page

formengr
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  17:49:03  Show Profile
The hub is running now (no thanks to Comcast, who see fit to drop me off occasionally). The hub addy is planetofsound.no-ip.org. If you are behind a firewall, going passive in dc++ should work out. Drop me a line if you're still having trubs connecting: formengr@comcast.net

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000