New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DivisionPelagic
- FB Fan -

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  08:37:28  Show Profile  Visit DivisionPelagic's Homepage
I have always been a huge fan, actually, huge doesn't even describe the lentgh or weight of myy adoration for these guys. Anyway, I decided recently to go to these three shows in order to rock harder and see more of my favorite group. I just wanted to give a few short reviews to the shows. As you all know, they rocked all three times.

Saturday, March 22nd

I woke up excited and drove very very fast for about two hours until I arrived even more excited in Pittsburgh, around the Strip portion of town. I had left very early, as I had never seen the Strip before, and I expected it to be amazing, but it wasn't. So I basically wandered around the same couple blocks of food peddlers and shirt venors from one in the afternoon until the doors at the Rosebud opened at around seven thirty. An ATM stole ten bucks from me, and I got hit by a car. I did get to "expand my mind" in an abandoned warehouse, though. Expand my mind....God, I'm a dork. I smoked pot.

After the Bennies left the stage at around 8:30ish, I got to see David Lovering's arrangement of comedy and science, and I loved the part about filling the drum with white widow, as you can tell from the previously mentioned warehouse occurance, but anyway, it was hilarious. I got to see all of this with a very well-informed and all around nice guy I had met in line. Sup, BrokenFace? Anyway, then Lovering left the stage, and I awaited and I was finally rewarded with the most intense and rock and roll show I have seen in who knows how long. Seriously, it was a beautiful thing. I was amazed.

SET LIST

Where is My Mind
Bullet
Cold Heart of Stone
Los Angeles
California Bound
Gouge Away
All My Ghosts
Hermaphroditos
Velvety
Black Letter Day
How You Went So Far
*New House of the Pope
*Goodbye Lorrain
Whiskey in My Shoes
Holiday Song
Jane the Queen of Love
*Manitoba
Southbound Bevy
Robert Onion
Heloise
Nimrod's Son
Mr. Grieves
Cactus
Men in Black
Crackity Jones
I Want Rock and Roll
Monkey Gone to Heaven
*Nadine
*The Sign
Black Rider

* - means I am unsure of the title, because I believe they are new, but I could be wrong

Amazing, huh? Pretty damn long. I am soooo pumped still about this perfomance. It was great. My first time, and probably the best time. So after this mind-blowing event, I left for Cincinnati, but I didn't even get to Columbus until like 3:30am, so I called up a friend and traded pot for a bed. The next morning, bright and early I was on the road again. Another day went by, this time in good old Natti, and my friends and I found ourselves at Bogarts for yet another unforgettable experience. This was my second show, and for my friends, a first. They loved every minute.

SET LIST

Mr. Grieves
Los Angeles
Bullet
Robert Onion
*Beautiful Day/Horrible Day
Heart of Stone
Monkey Gone to Heaven (no band, just 2 slide guitars and vocals)
Six Sixty Six
California Bound
Whiskey in My Shoes
Jane the Queen of Love
*New House of the Pope
Holiday Song
Nimrod's Son
Where is My Mind
Gouge Away
Hermaphroditos
All My Ghosts
*The Sign
Cactus
Black Letter Day
How You Went so Far
*Nadine
Farewell Bend
*Dirty Old Town
*Manitoba
Black Rider

Amazing, huh, the version of Monkey Gone to Heaven was to die for. It sent chills up my spine. Man, this was a great show. So yeah, then I went to Cleveland, to the Beachland Ballroom and ended my mini-following of Frank and the guys...sad.

Monday, March 24th

Show at Cleveland was amazing. I walked in totally not even in my ow mind (marijuana, again) and I walked right up to David Lovering at the bar, and said, I think, "I just saw you perform last night in Cincinnati, and you were excellent, really funny stuff, man." Emphasis on the man. Damn, I was dumb, but he was real nice, he just thanked me for comming out and told me to enjoy myself. He seemed real laid back and calm and collected. Nice Guy.

SET LIST

Where is My Mind?
Six Sixty Six
Robert Onion
Jane the Queen of Love
Bullet
Southbound Bevy
Holiday Song
Velvety
Nimrod's Son
Los Angeles
Mr. Grieves
Headache
*Manitoba
Black Rider
Gouge Away
How You Went So Far
Crackity Jones
I Want Rock and Roll
Black Letter Day
Hermaphroditos
Monkey Gone to Heaven
*Nadine
Cold Heart of Stone
California Bound
*New House of the Pope
*Beautiful Day/Horrible Day
John the Revelator
*The Snake
Cactus

The last 6 songs were accompanied by Jack Kidney of the Numbers Band. It was amazing to hear cactus with harmonica. My favorite part of the show: Headache. That has been one of my favorites for ever. So yeah, this is long, but what can I say, theres always a lot to write about Frank. So yeah, time to go. Hope everyone else goin to the shows had as much fun as me.

I've heard a lot of noise, so I'm going to the stereo store, to get a white noise maker and turn it up to ten.

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  10:02:31  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
welldone ! and take some days off !

- Pong

"i'll be on the first fligh"
Go to Top of Page

Arm Arm Arm
* Dog in the Sand *

1034 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  11:31:35  Show Profile
Cool reviews! Thanks for getting down the setlists, too!

I've only heard about the slide-Monkey but it sounds like an amazing version.

cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000