Amplifier Settings 4 Pixies/Black
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dooalot
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  07:14:29  Show Profile
Hey, does anyone have any settings on an amplifier or distortion that they like to use on a particular Pixies or Frank Black song. Better yet, does anyone know what settings Frank Black actually uses. I'd like to know what equipment he uses, and the specific levels of bass, treb, distortion, etc. Thanx.

*Losing my penis to a whore with disease*

Dooalot
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  15:04:40  Show Profile
I find it best to turn up the treb with low bass and medium-low rectified distortion for playing Mr. Grieves. I believe most pixies songs have that type of sound. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  09:04:52  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage
Just get a fucking white noise maker, and turn it up to ten.
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  09:07:56  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage
Here's an example:
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  12:57:32  Show Profile
If you wanna sound like Senor Blackula, go down to your local cool music store, grab a Takamine electric acoustic (making large secondary hole in it not recomended, but for authenticities sake, go for it. you can just put it back on the shelf and buy a fresh one) and plug into one or two California Blonde's. You will get a tone that is almost identical to what Frank gets nowadays. Then just set up a couple monitors behind you, finish the show by gracefully tripping backward over one, and you could be the legend himself. Only crappier. I met a man... and my pictures turned out GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

spunXtain
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  15:15:11  Show Profile  Click to see spunXtain's MSN Messenger address
Speedy M that was hillarioius.. did you see him trip at the Louisville show last month or did he do it at some other show too?? LOL i felt so bad for poor Frank.

I'm lost and I am lonesome to the core...
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  18:52:46  Show Profile
It was in the illustrious (read: crapville) city of Regina that he fell. Quite the finale. For some reason the man leaves himself aporx. 14 total inches of floor space to tip-toe between those monitors as he rocks out with his eye closed. Backwards. I suppose the stages are pretty small, but still, I wanna see him do a jig or a demi entrechant or something Rich-like. I felt so dog gone...

Edited by - speedy_m on 04/11/2003 20:05:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000