-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 "Hello Cleveland!" Any Tap fans here?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 09/27/2020 : 02:32:42
Pretty much the funniest movie of all time, in my top 3 for sure, lost track of how many times I've seen it.

Any body here really, really into it, almost like you're one with the band?

Let's discuss and laugh.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 10/01/2020 : 08:35:29
quote:
Originally posted by OLDMANOTY

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Thank you for the sympathy reply Troubles. I love their Expanded Universe stuff as well.

I'm with you Old Man, it is truly a supernaturally good performance. And thank you so much for the Bad News recommendation. I will look for that. If you have an easy link or something please pass along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZSOB-bUwCU

This is it, Bad News Tour. It's most of the cast of The Young Ones (Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Nigel Planer) and was an episode of their Comic Strip Series in the early 80s. It's had a cult following in the UK for decades and the follow up 'More Bad News' is just as good.

It's like a cartoon version of Spinal Tap and for years afterwards there was a debate over here as to which came first - Bad News or Spinal Tap.

Thank you OldmanOTY, I can’t wait to check it out
OLDMANOTY Posted - 09/30/2020 : 10:46:28
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Thank you for the sympathy reply Troubles. I love their Expanded Universe stuff as well.

I'm with you Old Man, it is truly a supernaturally good performance. And thank you so much for the Bad News recommendation. I will look for that. If you have an easy link or something please pass along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZSOB-bUwCU

This is it, Bad News Tour. It's most of the cast of The Young Ones (Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Nigel Planer) and was an episode of their Comic Strip Series in the early 80s. It's had a cult following in the UK for decades and the follow up 'More Bad News' is just as good.

It's like a cartoon version of Spinal Tap and for years afterwards there was a debate over here as to which came first - Bad News or Spinal Tap.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 09/29/2020 : 20:44:48
I can't help it, but to self promote for a bit. I myself made a mockumentary (35 min) back in 2004. It was actually intended to be the anti-Spinal Tap: I had never seen it and I wanted to not make it "realistic" but rather cartoonish and silly, yet still in the style of a documentary. The author of a book on Christopher Guest called Best In Show ended up reviewing it and interviewing me even, and he loved it!

It's about some bad newspaper comic strips and their battle with each other. It's probably the thing I am most proud of making in my life:

https://youtu.be/QCcfo6Itvts

If you have a half hour (though there's some great deleted scenes and outtakes too in other videos), I'd really appreciate it.
Bedbug Posted - 09/29/2020 : 06:10:53

OLDMANOTY Posted - 09/28/2020 : 12:43:57
Spinal Tap is extraordinary, the performances and comic timing are supernaturally good. I probably saw Bad News first, the UK TV equivalent of Spinal Tap which came out about the same time. Much more on the nose and less naturalistic but equally funny in its way.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 09/28/2020 : 11:46:59
To take a pity on a thread no one has replied to yet, I like Spinal Tap but it's not some all time favorite thing or anything. I really enjoy watching their non-movie appearances, like on Letterman, etc. They are hilarious in interviews and stuff. I think if I grew up with the film I'd be more obsessed with it but I saw it quite late in my comedy life.

I keep trying to tweet at Michael McKean to get him on my TMBG podcast since TMBG is one of his favorite bands. He's also apparently insanely nice and also was in the TMBG documentary. Nothing yet...

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000