-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Blade Runner 2049

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pot Posted - 02/01/2018 : 14:07:11
Was never that bothered about the original but this. This is something else. Should pick up the Oscar for best cinematography I reckon. The soundtrack is pretty sick too, quite scary, really takes you there to this dark, dystopian future; even though it now seems a bit unrealistic to imagine this kind of future in only 3 decades from now. Evidently the Blade Runner timeline hasn't happened because the original film is set about now and noone has invented replicants yet.

I worked out that in 2049 (provided I haven't died of organ failure by then) I'll be about the same age as Harrison Ford is now. In other words I appear to be living the exact same timeline as the fictional character Rick Deckard.

Gosling seemed like a good choice to play the main character/Blade Runner and the performances were pretty strong and convicing by all the actors. Sylvia Hoeks was particularly good as was Mackenzie Davis.

I'd say this was better than the original, and I look forward to any future sequals and spin-offs that might be in the works. Got the potential there for a TV series probably.

One of those ones you wish you'd smoked a massive bifter and gone to the pictures to see it in 3D.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 02/24/2020 : 11:34:54
I've been working my way through the original. Director's Cut. I forgot how slow it is, but I like the pace actually. I think it's aged well.
trobrianders Posted - 11/22/2019 : 13:12:11
It exists. Seek it out.

Bedbug Posted - 11/16/2019 : 11:59:35
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Still haven't seen this yet, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which version of the original is the best one to rewatch? Director's Cut? Final Cut? Original Cut?

There's an edition of the original you can get that has so many deleted scenes that when you play them back to back you get to see the entire movie, start to finish, composed of entirely different scenes. I think that's the best version of the movie.

I think you’re talking about the Philip K Dick novel.
trobrianders Posted - 11/16/2019 : 07:49:33
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Still haven't seen this yet, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which version of the original is the best one to rewatch? Director's Cut? Final Cut? Original Cut?

There's an edition of the original you can get that has so many deleted scenes that when you play them back to back you get to see the entire movie, start to finish, composed of entirely different scenes. I think that's the best version of the movie.

Bedbug Posted - 11/16/2019 : 04:05:59
Bedbug Posted - 02/12/2018 : 14:12:00
I keep meaning to watch this but can’t get motivated.

I guess I’ll wait for it to come out on VHS
pot Posted - 02/11/2018 : 22:43:38
Aye she'd make a good Nurse Ratched if they ever remade One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest..
Srisaket Posted - 02/11/2018 : 18:50:25
It was a very good film, not sure I would call it great and certainly not as good as the original. Agree about Sylvia Hoeks, she was the best character in the film for me.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000