-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 The Dead C

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TarTar Posted - 07/31/2017 : 21:19:33
Perhaps this should go in the "what music is doing it for you lately" thread but this isn't so much a band I've been listening to lately unless the last seven years constitutes as lately. I first became aware of these New Zealand noise/sound artists in 2010 and have gradually listened to a good amount of their repertoire. Not only are they not for everyone, but they take adjustment time for even fans of weirder music. There is something decidedly "not right" about their sound, and they've only veered further and further into the murk and mire over the years.

I started with TRAPDOOR FUCKING EXIT but it was HARSH 70s REALITY that really got me into them. I think THE WHITE HOUSE is also a great release, especially as a starting point since there is a bit more semblance of songs in places. I'm still wrapping my head around some of their more recent albums like ARMED COURAGE and TROUBLE where the pieces tend to be side-length noise jams. Has anyone in this sector delved into this band's work? Just curious.

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 08/02/2017 : 02:18:54
Thanks for the recommendation TarTar.

Never heard of them, but I'm digging their deal.

Good looking

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000