-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Live Videos- Houston 2017.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pixie punk Posted - 05/01/2017 : 02:48:26
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdL6t4M9CITmwbdwEPNxNCk_Hm4ptKEcp

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
picpic Posted - 05/03/2017 : 22:57:40
Plaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd5RIqylzzo (poor quality but interesting - nice bass line)

___
"Service Unavailable"
yarbles Posted - 05/03/2017 : 14:15:05
I know Talent isn't the most popular song amongst peeps, but I love it. It's quirky and fun, and you're right Peter Radiator, Joey's playing in this short little track is all over the place and very fun to listen to/watch. Glad we're finally getting some good video of this track...

Now if only the band would bust out Plaster of Paris....
picpic Posted - 05/01/2017 : 23:15:36
Epic Joey ! I love this guy.

Thanks for the video, I think it's the first time I see Talent live. Very nice.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Ziggy Posted - 05/01/2017 : 23:04:53
quote:
Originally posted by peter radiator

Watching Joey navigate the fucked-up lead guitar parts to this song live is hilarious - and I don't mean that as a diss at all.

I mean that seeing what he has to do with his fingers and his pedals in real time in order to pull off the song in concert is a trip.

https://youtu.be/nJPOKvpD_0s?t=4m58s

There is so much going on for him in that composition which is not only counter-intuitive to most standard notions of "rock lead guitar" that it's silly.

Not to mention there is virtually no time between disparate sections for him to regroup or rethink before launching into another off-kilter riff or part.

I realize Joey has a tendency to flub licks here and there live, but mostly that has to do with quickly sliding to the wrong fret position in near darkness (or flashing stage lights) and then recovering quickly with a visibly ticked-off nailing of the right note(s).

Speaking as a non-guitarist, the eye-brain-hand gymnastics required to play his deceptively simple, oddball parts in this song are completely mind boggling...

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder

Agreed!
peter radiator Posted - 05/01/2017 : 11:36:34
Watching Joey navigate the fucked-up lead guitar parts to this song live is hilarious - and I don't mean that as a diss at all.

I mean that seeing what he has to do with his fingers and his pedals in real time in order to pull off the song in concert is a trip.

https://youtu.be/nJPOKvpD_0s?t=4m58s

There is so much going on for him in that composition which is not only counter-intuitive to most standard notions of "rock lead guitar" that it's silly.

Not to mention there is virtually no time between disparate sections for him to regroup or rethink before launching into another off-kilter riff or part.

I realize Joey has a tendency to flub licks here and there live, but mostly that has to do with quickly sliding to the wrong fret position in near darkness (or flashing stage lights) and then recovering quickly with a visibly ticked-off nailing of the right note(s).

Speaking as a non-guitarist, the eye-brain-hand gymnastics required to play his deceptively simple, oddball parts in this song are completely mind boggling...

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000