-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Talent

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pixie punk Posted - 08/29/2016 : 12:15:08
http://www.popmatters.com/post/pixies-talent-singles-going-steady/ From zero to Heroes

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 09/09/2019 : 05:07:36
Tony Hawk IG account today has a rad video of skating to Talent
natenate101 Posted - 10/12/2016 : 10:10:45
quote:
Originally posted by OLDMANOTY

I liked Talent a lot at first, got bored with it, now absolutely love it (bar the opening line). Anyone else think the spoken "I don't know" sounds dropped in from a young Black Francis?

I love it too now. And I do like that part as well. I don't know if it sounds like young BF but I appreciate any moments like that where BF strays from the pattern and adds to the basic track vocally. Wish there was more.
OLDMANOTY Posted - 10/12/2016 : 08:39:10
I liked Talent a lot at first, got bored with it, now absolutely love it (bar the opening line). Anyone else think the spoken "I don't know" sounds dropped in from a young Black Francis?
Stevio10 Posted - 10/08/2016 : 08:59:45
Paz and Dave nail the rhythm section on Talent. They are so tight it holds the song together. The meanders Joey and BF take make it a nice bendy contrast.
pixiestu Posted - 10/01/2016 : 23:02:35
After hearing the rest of the album I think I like this a lot more. As a standalone track I was massively underwhelmed but it's definitely growing on me.

"The arc of triumph"
johnnyribcage Posted - 09/17/2016 : 11:39:41
Time will tell. I can't wait to hear the album. I flat out love the 3 songs they've released so far. There is definitely, undeniably, a different, more urgent attitude on this stuff than IC. IC felt lumbering - as if it was trying to hold up the weight of 20+ years of legend. I really like IC, but this seems like the flip side of that coin. The message I'm getting is, "Okay, we got the initial album out of the way, let's get down to fucking brass tacks here." I have a really really good feeling about this one...

Take me to the vineyards of Lavaux
Want to see the mountains where the waters flow
yarbles Posted - 08/29/2016 : 15:33:20
Opinons of this song are all over the place. I personally like it. Maybe because I'm not looking at it as the next great classic from the band, but simply as a mid-album track.

I mean, I haven't heard the album. But I'm just imagining it to be a good song in the middle of an album that is hopefully full of other good songs.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000