-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Symphony Space- Incredible Show!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simibaby Posted - 05/17/2013 : 19:06:56
First off all, what a superb venue! A real state-of-the-art concert hall with an impeccable SOUND system. I saw Charles 3 nites ago in a little bar and tonite was like a 180% difference. a true SYMPHONY hall. All seated venue. (I'm not sure, but haven't most or all of his other shows this tour been at small bar-type, standing places?) Anyway, tonite was heaven . He was also so happy.....you could tell; moving all around the big stage, kinda boogeying as he was playing guitar. His voice was magnificent on every note (great sound system).
He had a drummer the entire show...his "friend, Jeremy" who entered with Francis. I've seen this drummer before (maybe 2000 or 2002?) with Frank. He's in a wheelchair and I think is a paraplegic, very tiny guy and just about comes up to the height of his drums. Anyway, great to hear drums this time.
Frank played a solid two hours, non-stop, hardly any talking (Great! More music-haha.) Really got the sense that this superb venue and the fact that it was Broadway and W 95th St. in good old NYC brought out the best in Charles.
When he came out for his encore, it was just him, alone, and he did "Los Angeles" Then Reid came out with Jeremy and they did like 4 songs. Really glad I stayed
Didnt stay at Asbury, had to get going.
But his songs with Reid were great. Didnt realize they had this "chemistry" together; very impressed. Ahh....a great nite. Thank you, Charles. Love this man!!!!!!!! goodnite.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 11/02/2016 : 03:05:57
quote:
Originally posted by Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

See, these are the kind of setlists we will never see again if he means it when he says no more solo FB.

:'-(

Did he mean it when he said no more Pixies ever?

++++

I admire your optimism.

He'll probably change his mind and go back to solo FB shows, and then I'll be missing the Pixies.
Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo Posted - 11/01/2016 : 07:23:10
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

See, these are the kind of setlists we will never see again if he means it when he says no more solo FB.

Did he mean it when he said no more Pixies ever?

++++
Bedbug Posted - 10/21/2016 : 00:58:57

vilainde Posted - 05/21/2013 : 23:24:28
You might have heard The Bennies on the High School Reunion comp on which Frank covers Repo Man with Violet. The Bennies cover Oingo Boingo's "Weird Science".
Also Jeremy has 2 records released on The Bureau Records. Haven't heard the second one yet.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
benji Posted - 05/21/2013 : 22:01:29
recording can be downloaded here:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=451074
includes the reid paley set as well

full setlist:
Reid Paley set:

01-SeeYou Again
02-The Anesthetist’s Song
03-Better Days
04-Lucky’s Tune
05-LA Serenade
06-Sal’s Last Round
07-The Big Finish
08-I’m Not Dead (I’m in Pittsburgh)
09-Lazarus in Brooklyn
10-Take What You Want

Black Francis set:

11-Crackity Jones
12-Cactus
13-Abstract Plain
14-The Swimmer
15-All My Ghosts
16-Wave of Mutilation
17-When They Come to Murder Me
18-California Bound
19-Nimrod's Son
20-Bullet
21-Classic Masher
22-Where Is My Mind?
23-Velouria
24-Angels Come to Comfort You
25-She Took All the Money
26-Robert Onion
27-Silver Snail
28-I Heard Ramona Sing
29-All Around the World
30-Six-Sixty-Six
31-Monkey Gone to Heaven
32-The Holiday Song
33-Horrible Day
34-That Burnt Out Rock and Roll
35-Gouge Away
36-Wheels

Encore:

37-Los Angeles
38-Another Velvet Nightmare
39-Ugly Life
40-Magic Cup
41-Wild Man from Borneo

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
floop Posted - 05/21/2013 : 20:50:28
I don't go to shows anymore because of my hemorrhoids

green star member since 2006. smb?
simibaby Posted - 05/21/2013 : 20:15:38
Katherine, glad to see someone else went! Wasn't it great?! great venue with great sound.

(I wonder why there are so FEW--like NONE---posts of people seeing any of Frank's many shows this tour) on this Board. This IS his fan site, right? I dunno, maybe a lot of old farty types who dont get out and actually go to SEE this legend?! Maybe I'm too young for this site? (30) but when theres an artist I adore and he's playing anywhere near me........I'm there. ha ha peace
kathryn Posted - 05/21/2013 : 17:13:46
Crackity
Cactus
Abstract
Swimmer
All my ghosts
Wave
California bound
When they come to murder me
Nimrod's
Bullet
Where is my mind?
Velouria
Angels (I cried a little when he started playing this)
She took all the money
Robert Onion
Ramona
All around the world
Six sixty six
Monkey
Holiday song
Horrible day
Burnt out rock n roll
Gouge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ddc-etGWFo
Wheels

encores:
Los Angeles (solo)
Another velvet nightmare (w Reid Paley)
Ugly life (w Reid Paley)
Magic cup (w Reid Paley)
Wild man from Borneo (w Reid Paley)

I think that's almost all of it (I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple). It was phenomenal.

I remember sitting in a basement listening to Fields of Marigold until I passed out.
simibaby Posted - 05/18/2013 : 11:46:58
And since my memory is getting jarred back to them days, i think i recall Dave Lovering also being an opener (AS A MAGICIAN?!)
simibaby Posted - 05/18/2013 : 11:45:06
thanks so much. Yes, I remember now....The Bennies. I saw many FB & the C's shows in 2000 & 2002 and remember him now. It was real touching to see just him and Charles interacting last nite like old buddies.
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 05/18/2013 : 07:57:33
I'm sure others on here have more info on him than me, but here's the little I know:

Was the lead singer and guitarist for a band called the Bennies. They opened for FB & the C's.

Frank and him are friends.

He's played percussion onstage with Frank, before.

simibaby Posted - 05/18/2013 : 07:01:19
Arm Arm Arm, could you please tell me anything about Jeremy; you seem to know of him. I dont remember much from 13(?) years ago when I think I saw him. Thanks
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 05/18/2013 : 04:42:24
Nice. Sometimes seeing a band/musician in a fancier place is an amazing experience. Do you recall what else he played that night? That's great he had Jeremy with him.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000