-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 100+ SF musicians record+perform Doolittle.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carl Posted - 12/14/2010 : 08:06:18
SF Weekly.

100+ S.F. Musicians Teaming Up To Record --
and Perform -- Pixies' Dolittle

By Ian S. Port, Tue., Dec. 14 2010 @ 7:00AM

Earlier this fall, more than 40 local musicians got together -- along with Liz Phair
and Third Eye Blind's Stephan Jenkins -- to perform the Velvet Underground's seminal debut
album at Coda Jazz Supper Club. This project was the first from a new coalition of Mission
music regulars, artists, and promoters called UnderCover. (Because they cover classic
albums, get it?) It went pretty well, if we may say so ourselves.

Today, UnderCover unveils its second project: A live performance and recording of the
Pixies' Dolittle. Oh, but there's more.

The Pixies project, set for Feb. 22 at Public Works (tickets go on sale today) will be larger
and more ambitious than the first effort in pretty much every way: This effort involves
more than 100 local musicians from 15 different groups. And while the VU show was
recorded live for later release on Mission label Porto Franco, the artists involved in
Dolittle are already tracking at Faultline Studios -- recordings of their covers will be sold at
the show.

But as with before, the basic aim is a total reinterpretation of a classic album, in sequence.

The Dolittle project is still in the works, which means some more surprises could be in
store, but in the meantime, here's a list of the artists so far set to perform.

----
We will perform for you on Twitter and Facebook -- but only if you like us.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 02/24/2011 : 13:48:58
SFist - SFist Attends: UnderCover Presents Pixies 'Doolittle'.

Examiner.com - New bands to check out and a love for 'Doolittle': a win for UnderCover Presents.
The Champ Posted - 02/22/2011 : 05:24:25
Reinterpretations of albums never works, and recording straight covers is usually bad also.

Seeing it live would be entertaining.

Carl Posted - 02/21/2011 : 11:47:19
Laughing Squid - UnderCover Presents Concert and Album Covering The Pixies’ “Doolittle.

SF Weekly - Rediscover Pixies' Doolittle Tuesday Night, Courtesy of Your Local Music Corps.
Grotesque Posted - 12/22/2010 : 05:38:32
This is unexciting as possible. Next time maybe they hire 1000 musicians to play Songs from a room?
The thing about those records is precisely that they dont need a lot of people. Oh, I can't wait to see who's going to copy Joey's bendings! Argh...
darwin Posted - 12/15/2010 : 03:57:34
Ralph Carney - I've heard of that guy.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000