-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Internet radio

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coastline Posted - 05/24/2007 : 22:07:31
What Internet stations do people listen to? I'm partial to Radio Paradise. I heard FB's "Two Spaces" on there the other day. That was a nice surprise. But I'm pretty agreeable to everything they play. And I like that there's a feedback section online for every song, and that they keep track of every time a specific song has ever been played.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skatealex1 Posted - 08/20/2007 : 17:31:24
woxy is cool!

The Truth Is Out There
trobrianders Posted - 08/20/2007 : 16:26:51
Never really got into the habit of internet radio but I keep coming back to kcrw.com for it's huge archive of live sessions, audio and video.

Carl Posted - 08/10/2007 : 17:24:29
Phantom FM is a good Irish indie-centric station, hadn't listened to it in ages, but a friend has it on a lot lately:

Phantom 105.2 FM.

....Just played Cannonball a few songs back.
billgoodman Posted - 08/04/2007 : 05:25:52
Pandora doesn't work for some countries anymore...like the Netherlands.
I was a devoted user, with 4 own stations were I discovered some neat music.

A good alternative? Last.fm?

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Crispy Water Posted - 08/03/2007 : 10:59:17
Just chanced upon this topic, and I'll throw another vote for last.fm. I can't say enough about this site and its services. The only problem is it has expanded my musical wishlist to an unaffordable behemoth.

Nothing is ever something.
Carl Posted - 07/21/2007 : 10:20:03
I don't listen to Internet radio, but my Dad is partial to listening to this online:

BBC Radio 2 - Terry Wogan.

That's not necessarily a recommendation, or anything. ;)
Jefrey Posted - 07/20/2007 : 17:35:18
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

Pandora doesn't seem to have much Frank. I think I've only heard songs from FMRM and the orange album (in addition to Pixies).

I got "Western Star" on Pixies radio! I was pretty psyched to hear it, as usual. So there's some more Frank in there for sure.

My "Adam Ant" radio didn't turn out so well. Not that I expected it to, but I didn't really discover Sparks or The Go Betweens until recently, so I thought maybe there some others I missed out on. I'm gonna keep trying new stuff - it's definitely fun background listening for work.

== jeffamerica ==
Llamadance Posted - 07/20/2007 : 15:49:35
quote:
Originally posted by ObfuscateByWill

Last.fm has more internet radio options than you can shake a stick at.

Operates similar to pandora, I guess. Plays artists based on member's listening habits.

*Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.

I'd like to add a vote for Last.fm - not just artist stations, but genre and tag stations as well. There's a much larger degree of customisation as far as I can tell wrt Pandora. Plus Last.fm has the whole neighbour thing.

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God George Bush snr
darwin Posted - 07/20/2007 : 15:20:32
Pandora doesn't seem to have much Frank. I think I've only heard songs from FMRM and the orange album (in addition to Pixies).
coastline Posted - 07/20/2007 : 15:18:50
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

and in return you've just turned someone else on. nice one, jefrey. pandora's pretty neat.

i did the oh so obvious as a tester and up popped The Real El Rey.

I ran a similar tester about a year ago and it gave me "I Burn Today."

darwin Posted - 07/20/2007 : 15:17:58
I've been doing Pandora for awhile. I have Frank Black, Devo, Spoon, and Andrew Bird channels that are constantly evolving.
ObfuscateByWill Posted - 07/20/2007 : 15:05:26
Last.fm has more internet radio options than you can shake a stick at.

Operates similar to pandora, I guess. Plays artists based on member's listening habits.

*Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
fbc Posted - 07/20/2007 : 15:02:21
and in return you've just turned someone else on. nice one, jefrey. pandora's pretty neat.

i did the oh so obvious as a tester and up popped The Real El Rey.
Jefrey Posted - 07/20/2007 : 14:56:37
Has www.pandora.com been discussed before?

Someone just turned me on to it, and it's fantastic. You just type in a band name and it creates a custom "radio" playlist that so far has spit out nothing that I don't like. Found 4 new bands to listen to just in the first half hour!

Check it out.

== jeffamerica ==
coastline Posted - 05/27/2007 : 08:54:43
Tell me more, Dean.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 05/27/2007 : 08:40:51
CBC Radio 3 Podcast, which isn't quite an internet radio station, although it is a radio show in podcast form I suppose...

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000