-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Paz Trilogy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
billgoodman Posted - 10/07/2022 : 03:59:54
Three albums with Paz: Head Carrier, Beneath The Eyrie and Doggerel

Which is your favorite? How do they relate to eachother? What do you think Paz brings to the table?

-----
Side note: these are also the three records with Tom Dalgety. Feel free to comment on that too, if you will.

-----------------
Personally I think Paz's bass playing is superb. And with each record she seems to be singing better. And I liked her voice in the first place.

Her positive attitude and great musicianship really revived the Pixies. On record, but also live.

I would rank the records BTE, Doggerel and HC.
BTE is far my favorite but each one is pretty good.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
billgoodman Posted - 10/11/2022 : 04:47:55
They are a true band again, that's for sure

Ziggy Posted - 10/11/2022 : 03:32:33
Since Paz joined, they're unquestionably sounding the best they have since the reunion began. She's a great bass player, and there seems to be a really nice dynamic between them all.

billgoodman Posted - 10/10/2022 : 23:04:35
Yes, but on the other hand:
Paz brings some other mysterious forces in the group.

She is the one behind the witchcraft of On A Graveyard Hill and the dead surfers for instance

Troubles A Foot Posted - 10/10/2022 : 10:47:05
I do think her and Kim are two in a million and they managed to somehow find both of them. Kim has more of an edge, and a darkness to her that is both enticing and nerve-inducing (I feel like she'd eat me alive), which I think fit Pixies 1.0. But Paz basically fits the more upbeat and poppy Pixies 2.0 and I do think you could feel her enthusiasm coming right out of those songs. I can't picture Kim performing Catfish Kate but I also think Paz maybe is too happy and positive to be doing Bone Machine. I know Kim used to smile a lot on stage but it was different...a sort of knowing, creepy, fuck-it sort of smile, not "happy to be here!!!"
billgoodman Posted - 10/09/2022 : 22:44:50
She's a totally different person than Kim
Different musician too
And a different charm
But charming nonetheless

There are days that I scratch my head thinking how Joey and Charles managed to find two bass players with that much charisma
Two women that pushes their music over the edge
Two positive smiling life forces that brings some showmanship into the band

Paz voice, which keeps on getting better and better, is so damn cute

Bedbug Posted - 10/07/2022 : 05:46:58
I agree with you about Paz, she is terrific and I think of her as the Pixies every bit as much as the others.

Doggerel is my favorite, and I really really like BTE too. I like HC but not as much.

I think her singing is really good and has gotten better over time. I love it on Doggerel, harmonizing with Charles, and I also like that she sings lead on some Pixies songs (I'm not a big fan of All I Think About Now, but I'm glad it's her singing not Frank).

I also like how she voiced her opinion in some interview about which songs they chose for Doggerel.

So yes, I'm a Paz fan for sure.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000