-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Re-Indy Cindy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pot Posted - 08/05/2022 : 18:31:29
Now that I've gone beyond not caring who produces Pixies albums (or even knowing) into the modern world of Dalgety skepticism I'm thinking about going back to Indy Cindy to see or hear if there's some hidden Pixies magic that I might have missed? before the era of digital monoculture took over..

It's such a bad album title or even a title for anything that is - it's not even an album it's a series of mediocre vinyl EP releases and should be named as such - The No Deal or whatever the fuck.. but "Indy Cindy"?

Convince me without convincing me to relisten to this failed Pixies album
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 02/08/2024 : 18:58:37
IiC has grown on me too over the last decade (!!)

I wonder if it didn’t have to be the first 2.0 album would it have gotten better reviews

My 3rd favorite 2.0 album

Doubt very many of the songs will be played live in the future but who knows
Brank_Flack Posted - 02/08/2024 : 08:25:41
Yeah, this album has really grown on me. We've beaten it's flaws to death (processed vocals, song length, mastering, etc.), but I do think it's the most interesting and ambitious of the Pixies 2.0 albums. It's somewhat uneven but has the highest highs, and many of the songs do genuinely sound like the natural follow-up to TML (What Goes Boom, Magdalena, Blue Eyed Hexe, etc.).

Even Another Toe, which gets a bad rap because of the repetitive/conventional chorus has fantastic, well-crafted verses and bridges (if it got rid of the intro and closing repetition of the chorus, I don't think there would even be a problem here).

My favourite of the Pixies 2.0 is still probably BTE, but I think IC is second. I'd love to see it re-mixed/re-mastered some day.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 02/08/2024 : 07:56:47
I've said the same sentiments in other threads. Indy Cindy is as weird, wild and unpredictable as the Pixies. It actually sounds like the Pixies to me. None of the albums after do except for occasional moments.
thierry512 Posted - 02/08/2024 : 00:28:11
I am very surprised many people here don't like indy cindy and like more the following albums. For me it is the reverse, I found indy cindy was an excellent come back, both what I expected from the band and a few surprises like bagboy or snakes. Too much compression and autotune, of course, but excellent anyway.
I love a bunch of songs in the 3 other albums, but I tend to get bored when I listen them whole. I don't get the pixies excitement with them.
pot Posted - 08/08/2022 : 13:07:42
I'm just going to listen to it some day from beginning to end - as the album it never felt like it was due to stuff - out in the middle of the country under the blazing heat of the sun as there is to be a heatwave all week (and it's already starting to feel too warm to sleep tonight)
Sprite Posted - 08/08/2022 : 12:48:18
Start off with Ring the Bell, a 2.0 Navajo Know if there ever was one.
Discoking Posted - 08/08/2022 : 03:01:22
quote:
Originally posted by pot

I'm thinking about going back to Indy Cindy to see or hear if there's some hidden Pixies magic that I might have missed?

Ok.

it's educational
pot Posted - 08/05/2022 : 19:37:02
I left facebook a decade ago and I'm about to do the same with twitter - both are different cheeks of the same arse of satan

So in this proposal I'm just "making a cup of tea for everyone" if we can adopt a slightly more less tongue in cheeck attitude then
Bedbug Posted - 08/05/2022 : 19:06:41
Oh boy….

Pot stirring the

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000