-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Fall US Tour 2022 Dates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 06/16/2022 : 07:10:06
Looks like four shows

10/1 SOMA San Diego, CA
10/2 House of Blues Anaheim, CA
10/3 Wiltern Los Angeles, CA
10/5 Terminal 5 New York, NY
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ziggy Posted - 06/17/2022 : 00:40:04
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

I'm with you 100% on this. I haven't gone to see them the last few times they were in NY because I don't want to hear Wave of Mutilation ever again, nor really anything from Pilgrim, Rosa, or Doolittle. B-sides, Bossa, TLM, and 2.0 are all that interest me, as well as my delusions of hearing something FBF or even a new cover a la when they did that Fall song.

It seems from setlist dot com that the last time they played it was all the usual songs plus Human Crime. Hard to justify going to all the trouble just to hear that one tune live.

The other reality to keep in mind with all this is you're never going to hear versions of 1.0 songs these days that come close to any of the live recordings you can find of shows from the 80s and 90s. Tame and Sad Punk and Bone Machine in the 2020s are just going to be nice but not more than nice.

I'd imagine we'll start hearing more of the 'Doggerel' songs in the forthcoming shows.

Worth pointing out the recent Cardiff show was only 55 mins long (for live radio broadcast), which perhaps influenced the set somewhat.
Bedbug Posted - 06/16/2022 : 11:32:05
I'm with you 100% on this. I haven't gone to see them the last few times they were in NY because I don't want to hear Wave of Mutilation ever again, nor really anything from Pilgrim, Rosa, or Doolittle. B-sides, Bossa, TLM, and 2.0 are all that interest me, as well as my delusions of hearing something FBF or even a new cover a la when they did that Fall song.

It seems from setlist dot com that the last time they played it was all the usual songs plus Human Crime. Hard to justify going to all the trouble just to hear that one tune live.

The other reality to keep in mind with all this is you're never going to hear versions of 1.0 songs these days that come close to any of the live recordings you can find of shows from the 80s and 90s. Tame and Sad Punk and Bone Machine in the 2020s are just going to be nice but not more than nice.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 06/16/2022 : 10:33:10
Heavily debating about the NYC show. I really have no interest in hearing Surfer Rosa etc etc again. If they are doing more new songs or more from Trompe...maybe. They aren't exactly a loose band with a new feel each night, and they absolutely do not speak or have fun banter to look forward to (a prime reason I see a few of my favorite bands) so I just want to hear stuff I've never heard.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000