-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 BBC 6 Music Festival 2022

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pot Posted - 02/15/2022 : 02:07:15
Cardiff - Apr 1-3

Pixies are on the bill

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/eggrn3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/eggrn3/acts/ac3fzc
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/15/2022 : 12:15:01
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

I was listening to the IC live tracks in the second disc (Magdalena, Indie Cindy, and Snakes) and those songs all sound terrific live. Crowd seems to dig too, I’m not a musician so I don’t know what it’s like, but it seems strange to me to work so hard to make those songs for the albums then work hard to play then for the tour but then just seemingly forget about them

Could not agree more. I'm particularly surprised here, with the band saying they learned or are learning 40 songs and even recorded an album. As someone who has made a few albums, right after recording is when you have those songs LOCKED DOWN hard because you do a million takes. It would be fairly effortless (I think) to just bang em out live while they are still in your system.

Also, I guess I thought they were really proud of Beneath the Eyrie and happy with it, and it got good reviews, and they made all these music videos, etc....it's so strange to me to not play anything from it.
billgoodman Posted - 04/15/2022 : 00:45:08
quote:

I was listening to the IC live tracks in the second disc (Magdalena, Indie Cindy, and Snakes) and those songs all sound terrific live. Crowd seems to dig too, I’m not a musician so I don’t know what it’s like, but it seems strange to me to work so hard to make those songs for the albums then work hard to play then for the tour but then just seemingly forget about them

I Agree!

A Festival-set could be based around the hits, I can see that.
But just give the crowd for your own tour the best songs you got.
And mix'm up!

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Bedbug Posted - 04/14/2022 : 21:39:14
Jason Posted - 04/14/2022 : 19:14:31
The Pixies seem to have adopted the Rolling Stones approach live. They play the old crowd-pleaser stuff that everyone knows plus the newest thing when it's out and not much else in between, though "All the Saints" from Head Carrier seems to be hanging around. They played it at their two US dates last month (according to setlist.fm, at least). Maybe they like that one.
Sprite Posted - 04/13/2022 : 14:13:30
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by benji

Setlist from the iplayer rip I downloaded from dime (http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=727748) and https://ln5.sync.com/dl/0220c0960/jia333p8-vzfeusxm-txfnwajv-it2z7frz for those who want a copy:
Gouge Away
Bone Machine
Human Crime
U-Mass
Wave Of Mutilation
Isla de Encanta
Mr. Grieves
Where Is My Mind?
Here Comes Your Man
Vamos
Nimrod's Son
La La Love You
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Hey
Tame
Debaser
Head On [Jesus & Mark Chain]
Planet Of Sound

Frank looked really good, but just the single Pixies 2.0 tune? Guess they know how their bread is buttered!
But having just bought tickets to see them in December, I'm impressed with how good they're sounding. My show is a COP + SR combo, so that'll be great!

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

Yeah, that's interesting about only one 2.0 song. If I were to watch / listen to this it would only be for the 2.0 songs.

Have to agree with this. I don't understand why they couldn't throw in an Chapel Hill or Hey Debussy - they would have easily fit in amongst that set.
pot Posted - 04/12/2022 : 05:57:19
quote:
Originally posted by Jason
HOLY SHIT, FRANK IS DYING AND THERE'S ONLY ONE POSSIBLE REASON WHY.

Did I say any of that? Did anyone say any of that?

Is there some reason why people are still discussing this, or should we get back on the main topic of the thread?

You can always head over to general chat and express your true feelings over there.
Jason Posted - 04/12/2022 : 05:47:11
A 57-year-old singer who hasn't toured in two years has a brief hiccup for about one second during a strenuous song, but is completely normal before and after.

HOLY SHIT, FRANK IS DYING AND THERE'S ONLY ONE POSSIBLE REASON WHY.

SIX MORE PARAGRAPHS!!
pot Posted - 04/12/2022 : 05:31:41
I'm not the one trying to turn this into an argument.

quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

nobody cares, you fucking twat. i don't want to challenge your point of view.
how about you show some respect by not turning every topic into a discussion about whatever conspiracy theory you've done your own research about. it's not that hard to squeeze your way in and pretend you're still somehow on topic, but i'm sure we all can agree that you're not.

Discoking Posted - 04/12/2022 : 05:14:07
nobody cares, you fucking twat. i don't want to challenge your point of view.
how about you show some respect by not turning every topic into a discussion about whatever conspiracy theory you've done your own research about. it's not that hard to squeeze your way in and pretend you're still somehow on topic, but i'm sure we all can agree that you're not.

it's educational
pot Posted - 04/12/2022 : 04:42:52
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

Let's talk Pixies, ok?
General Chat is open for this kind of discussion

I'm chatting in the context of the health of Frank Black, which was a subject that was introduced into the thread by someone else. Also relevant to the thread about the gig, so there's nothing off topic here coming from me. Why are you picking me out? I'm not the one being rude to other members and basically telling them to shut up.

I'm also not looking to get into it too deep, just plant the idea in there. You are effectively the third person so far now to tell me to basically shut up. To try to dictate to me the things I can say - which also just happen to be alternative narratives that the mainstream media doesn't like. Do I not almost always stay on topic and post content of some interest? Why the need to pick me out and remind me of forum decorum after being a regular poster for 15 years.

How about that?

How about certain members in here show me a bit of respect and quit with the unnecessary character assassinations or tin pot diktats?

EDIT: maybe a bit harsh accusing you of telling me to shut up billgoodman - as you are saying go to General Chat. But my point is it's relevant to speculation about FBF's health following his appearance at this gig. I mean, anyone is free to disagree but if it's relevant then it's relevant.

I'm not looking to go on about it and I suppose it might not be nice for Charles if he is checking the forum and sees this - but like I say I didn't bring it up and it I think that should be the end of the discussion on it really, I'm sure we can agree on that.
billgoodman Posted - 04/12/2022 : 04:33:00
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

whatever

This allergy to some kind of an open forum where we are free to share thoughts and information is quite a phenomenon these days. We could be facing one of the most serious threats to humanity and our safety and longevity than we have ever faced and all folk can do is sneer.

Just clap like a seal and wave your Ukraine flag - and don't listen to anyone who dares to question the narrative or think for themselves.

Come back with someone thing that challenges my point of view, hey there's a novel idea?

Let's talk Pixies, ok?
General Chat is open for this kind of discussion

pot Posted - 04/12/2022 : 04:08:27
quote:

whatever

This allergy to some kind of an open forum where we are free to share thoughts and information is quite a phenomenon these days. We could be facing one of the most serious threats to humanity and our safety and longevity than we have ever faced and all folk can do is sneer.

Just clap like a seal and wave your Ukraine flag - and don't listen to anyone who dares to question the narrative or think for themselves.

Come back with someone thing that challenges my point of view, hey there's a novel idea?
Discoking Posted - 04/12/2022 : 03:32:51
whatever

it's educational
pot Posted - 04/12/2022 : 00:55:35
quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

Pot, please give it a rest dude. It’s a freakin Frank Black message board, not 8chan. Would really appreciate if you stopped peppering your posts with conspiracy theories and stay somewhat on-topic. Seriously, please stop.

Sorry is a bit of digression ok so long as it's not "pot's crazy conspiracy theories”? If I think something is relevant to the discussion I'll add it - just because you disagree doesn't mean it's wrong. What is this Twitter? Enough censorship going on there.

There is some really bad shit going down right now and it's being censored by the media giants big time and if the only chance of waking up this sad, zombified excuse of a world is to speak my mind if I feel so inclined then who are you to demand my silence? I'm holding back on talking about general things going on these days because I know it invites vacant responses like the above, and more.

I'D SAY it's not very nice speculating about someone's personal health matters and I note that it was not me who raised this point here initially.

I'm just throwing in a few snippets of information I have recently gleaned that may shed some light. What's wrong with that? The VAERS system is not a conspiracy theory, it's an actual database of vaccine injuries that (surprise!) is being completely dismissed by most people because the TV told them to. We are witnessing the biggest spike in vaccine injuries in history probably but for some reason it's all a "conspiracy theory". Any other time and drugs would be flying off the shelves before anyone could say "Dr Fauci" and for a fraction of the cases we are seeing today - what's that all about? We had FIFTEEN players in the recent Miami Open tennis having to quit due to heart issues - but no one is talking about that though or all the other massive spikes in heart attacks in young healthy athletes, or children! And all the rest - Bell's Palsy, Guillain-Barré syndrome. I could go further on these so called vaccines but I'm not, because I'm not here to talk about that. However, I'm not not going to mention something relevant to that because "some people don't want to hear about all that Qanon stuff.."

Us "conspiracy theorists" always seem to be wrong about everything these days, until we turn out to be right again.
natenate101 Posted - 04/11/2022 : 19:33:45
Pot, please give it a rest dude. It’s a freakin Frank Black message board, not 8chan. Would really appreciate if you stopped peppering your posts with conspiracy theories and stay somewhat on-topic. Seriously, please stop.
pot Posted - 04/11/2022 : 09:06:06
The medical establishment is trying everything in its power to cover up what's becoming increasingly obvious. The mounting reports of vaccine injury are all being dismissed and health bodies are refusing to investigate properly, but when it comes to Covid all you need to get that marked on your certificate is to test positive within 28 days using a hugely amplified test result with so much uncertainty that it means absolutely nothing. There is some serious malpractice going on.

Any here's hoping he just burnt his eye brows on a barbecue..
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/11/2022 : 08:50:46
"This report is limited by the fact that cause and effect cannot be clearly identified in any of the cases. Extensive patient histories were taken to rule out other triggers of AA, such as illnesses or psychological stress, but given the patients' already increased risk of AA from comorbidities and/or family histories, hair loss following vaccination could be coincidental."

Hmmm. Anyway, it looks like the bridge was too much for Charles, either in his throat or breathing that much can make you feel faint. I dunno. It honestly scared me! But he kicked ass the whole rest of the show.
pot Posted - 04/11/2022 : 05:35:05
Hmmm he does have a bit of a Duncan Goodhew look about him there if I'm not mistaken? Oh dear I hope he's not unwell.

Incidentally, alopecia has been cited as a side effect of the covid jabs and Pfizer (who sponsored the Oscars) have a new alopecia drug coming on the market. Make of that what you will, call me some names or whatever I'm just saying what I see happening with my own eyes.
Discoking Posted - 04/11/2022 : 05:29:36
https://youtu.be/Vwlp00pIAyk?t=2538

it's educational
Discoking Posted - 04/11/2022 : 05:28:09
what happened there? :O

it's educational
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/10/2022 : 16:29:25
WOH! Hope Charles is OK during the bridge for Tame. That made my heart stop for a second.
tamefan Posted - 04/10/2022 : 15:19:58
Wow, he's thin & hairless. Hopefully those aren't signs of ill health -- sorry, but at his age a small part of me does wonder/worry. Maybe there's a tragic motivation behind the spate of new records.
Bedbug Posted - 04/10/2022 : 09:10:01
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

quote:

This is 100% accurate in my opinion. There is only one 2.0 song that has a chance of fooling anyone into thinking it was by the same band who made the 1.0 stuff, and that is Los Surfers Muertos, all because of Joey.

Oh, I disagree with that. That's why I'm always saying Indy Cindie sounds like the Pixies to me. I think at least half that album sounds literally like classic Pixies and I swear if those songs magically time traveled and came out on Bossanova nobody would know the difference. I wish they did some of it live.

I know you disagree with my point as it relates to IC, but you agree as it relates to HC and BTE
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/10/2022 : 09:01:11
quote:

This is 100% accurate in my opinion. There is only one 2.0 song that has a chance of fooling anyone into thinking it was by the same band who made the 1.0 stuff, and that is Los Surfers Muertos, all because of Joey.

Oh, I disagree with that. That's why I'm always saying Indy Cindie sounds like the Pixies to me. I think at least half that album sounds literally like classic Pixies and I swear if those songs magically time traveled and came out on Bossanova nobody would know the difference. I wish they did some of it live.
pot Posted - 04/10/2022 : 07:33:41
Seems to be a bit like Mark E Smith's famous line: "If it's me, your granny and a bongo drum the it's The Fall". If it's got Joey on the guitar and Dave on the drums, then it's a Pixies song.

FB&TC's had a country twang in some their music which is absent from the rest of FBF's catalogue, and it's not favourite country music sound really but I can tolerate it - I really don't see how anyone can compare the latest 2.0 stuff with that era at all. I'm not dissing the Catholics at all by saying that.
Bedbug Posted - 04/10/2022 : 04:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

It really is strange though seeing Human Crime among those. It really emphasizes to me how it sounds like a completely different band. I actually really like the song and its grown on me a huge amount. But its like from another universe as the other stuff. Hmm.

This is 100% accurate in my opinion. There is only one 2.0 song that has a chance of fooling anyone into thinking it was by the same band who made the 1.0 stuff, and that is Los Surfers Muertos, all because of Joey. All other 2.0 is Frank Black and the ________ which he decided to also all "Pixies." I love it all but I just think of the 2.0 stuff as FBF with a modern backing band. It's kind of like how if you think of the new Star Wars movies as fan fiction you may hate them less.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/09/2022 : 22:14:12
It really is strange though seeing Human Crime among those. It really emphasizes to me how it sounds like a completely different band. I actually really like the song and its grown on me a huge amount. But its like from another universe as the other stuff. Hmm.
Bedbug Posted - 04/09/2022 : 14:48:04
he does look good, and man he sounds good too. That opening gouge away was great.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/09/2022 : 11:59:50
OOooooh awesome! WOW FRANK LOOKS THIN!!! That is just crazy. I'm happy for him. I am very surprised there is only one 2.0 song. It's kind of strange in my opinion, because it almost broadcasts the (incorrect) message "none of the 2.0 songs are as good/relevant/whatever." I mean I get that a large portion of the audience doesn't want to hear that stuff, but personally that would be the most desired songs I'd want to experience live. And I'm used to Frank kind of doing what he wants and playing without a setlist and just going with his (now thin) gut.
pot Posted - 04/09/2022 : 09:28:11
Not half. Looks like he's been spending some lockdown time down the gym. Well done Frank! Explains the freshness and energy of the performance somewhat probably.
Jason Posted - 04/09/2022 : 09:17:18
Their set is on Youtube, professionally shot. Frank is looking slim!

https://youtu.be/Vwlp00pIAyk
pot Posted - 04/03/2022 : 04:18:47
Less 2.0 = More 1.0

Bedbug Posted - 04/02/2022 : 17:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by benji

Setlist from the iplayer rip I downloaded from dime (http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=727748) and https://ln5.sync.com/dl/0220c0960/jia333p8-vzfeusxm-txfnwajv-it2z7frz for those who want a copy:
Gouge Away
Bone Machine
Human Crime
U-Mass
Wave Of Mutilation
Isla de Encanta
Mr. Grieves
Where Is My Mind?
Here Comes Your Man
Vamos
Nimrod's Son
La La Love You
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Hey
Tame
Debaser
Planet Of Sound

Frank looked really good, but just the single Pixies 2.0 tune? Guess they know how their bread is buttered!
But having just bought tickets to see them in December, I'm impressed with how good they're sounding. My show is a COP + SR combo, so that'll be great!

Yeah, that's interesting about only one 2.0 song. If I were to watch / listen to this it would only be for the 2.0 songs.
benji Posted - 04/02/2022 : 11:43:58
Gouge Away
Bone Machine
Human Crime
U-Mass
Wave Of Mutilation
Isla de Encanta
Mr. Grieves
Where Is My Mind?
Here Comes Your Man
Vamos
Nimrod's Son
La La Love You
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Hey
Tame
Debaser
Planet Of Sound

Ziggy Posted - 04/02/2022 : 05:56:13
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

Were you there Ziggy? What was the crowd like? Am looking forward to watching it on iplayer.

Yes, glad I was quick off the mark since the tickets went very quickly!

Good crowd down the front as ever.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000