-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Black Francis premiering a new song, doing a fundr

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
whatbrett Posted - 09/24/2020 : 10:27:42
Hey everybody. One of Charles' friends, the actor John Ennis (from Mr. Show, Zodiac, Malcolm in the Middle) runs a theater in LA that - like most live venues - got hit hard by the pandemic.

So, the theater is putting on a fundraiser this Friday with a bunch of different performers - each ticket helps keep doors open - and Black Francis will be a part of it: performing a bit/sketch with John, as well as a couple of songs. According to my friend at the theater, BF is doing a cover and premiering a new song (not the Pixies one that just came out:) ) - I'm most excited about it as a Pixies fan, so letting other folks know too.

The show drops Friday night (8pm PT) but the viewing link stays up til the following Friday and I already got my ticket!
https://houseseats.live/2020/09/25/the-yard-theater-fundraiser-fundstacular/
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Discoking Posted - 10/06/2020 : 12:26:33
32 views now.
i hope more people watched the live stream.

it's educational
peter radiator Posted - 10/04/2020 : 12:56:22
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

you can still buy tickets here, and watch the recorded thing: https://houseseats.live/2020/09/25/the-yard-theater-fundraiser-fundstacular/

it's educational

Thanks!

Good to know.

I have edited my earlier post to reflect this continued availability.

:)

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Discoking Posted - 10/04/2020 : 04:42:33
you can still buy tickets here, and watch the recorded thing: https://houseseats.live/2020/09/25/the-yard-theater-fundraiser-fundstacular/

it's educational
peter radiator Posted - 10/03/2020 : 14:16:26
He played "Taint No Use," and a somber tune that I believe may be something we've never heard before (please correct me if I'm wrong on this count!).

Both were done in a very "Tom Waits-ian" approach.

Totally home-made low-fi videos from what was probably a built-in laptop camera or phone.

FBF also appeared in a lengthy, live "Zoom Chat"-style improv bit with John Ennis and John's daughter (each of the three streaming video of themselves via laptop or phone from their individual locations.

The sketch was centered around FBF being a painter, and John's college-age daughter needing a painting to go on the wall of her new dorm room and him hoping he could purchase one of FBF's pieces as a gift for his daughter.

FBF walked around a few rooms and the stairwell of what we can only assume is his home, and showed off a few of his paintings which adorn the walls, and gave lightweight, humorous descriptions of the works themselves.

The rest of the show consisted of mostly pre-taped standup comedy bits or musical interludes from the tiny stage of the intimate DIY theater space in L.A. that Ennis owns and runs.

It was a fundraiser to help keep the place going in these lean times, and while Ennis and FBF were the only nationally-known performers involved, I was still surprised to see that when I finally got around to watching the stream a full week after it had taken place, (it was hosted as a private YouTube link just for ticketholders) the statistics showed it as only having been viewed 26 other times before mine!?

Now, perhaps a bunch more people watched it when it was first streamed live, and the 26 views only pertained to those who, like me, watched the archived version afterwards?

I sure hope so, because 27 times $15 is only $405, and I would have assumed each of the many performers involved would have known at least 25 people who would pay for a ticket...

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Bedbug Posted - 09/29/2020 : 06:17:25
Is this show going to be on youtube eventually?
matto Posted - 09/26/2020 : 17:19:37
'Taint No Use, and something I don't know (but I don't know a lot).

It looks like you can still buy a ticket, I think it's to access the recording of the show.

--------
baby poop, curry
Troubles A Foot Posted - 09/26/2020 : 09:45:37
Oh my god I wish I could have gone to this. I love Ennis and this sounds crazy.
oddball Posted - 09/26/2020 : 09:41:00
Anybody catch this? I'm wondering which cover and new song were played.
-oddball
matto Posted - 09/25/2020 : 12:07:12
Great cause, great lineup. I'm there.

--------
baby poop, curry
Bedbug Posted - 09/24/2020 : 11:08:50
Very cool thanks for sharing this whatbrett

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000