-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Things You're Into Because of Frank

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 09/29/2020 : 06:08:52
I know this has to be a thread already, but I couldn't find it (the search feature is a little difficult to use sometimes) so here we go again.

What topics of interest have you developed since being entertained by our man?

Are you now a reader of Mr. Bradbury?

Have you visited the Bikini Atoll?

Have you figured out that Jesus was right?

Did you learn Spanish?

Have you watched certain shows, movies, read books, appreciated artists, beverages, authors, or stopped shopping at Wal-Mart, etc., as a direct result of Frank Black?

I'll start with one: having not watched them since I was a little kid, I checked out the Three Stooges again per Frank's recommendation, even bought some DVDs.

Would love to hear others' experiences along these lines.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pot Posted - 09/30/2020 : 23:00:34
quote:
Originally posted by McDutchie

Baxter Dury. Frank sang his praises in an interview and I wasn't disappointed.

Baxter Dury is a geezer. I loved his new song that was out recently I'm Not Your Dog, nice electro beat. He also formed a collaboration with some French dance producers called B.E.D. which is worth a listen.

And since it's apparently so hard to find on Spotify here is the link:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0iej9ho9Aro520crqw0Lzf

Thanks for reminding me that I need to check out his new album(s)
McDutchie Posted - 09/30/2020 : 17:14:29
Baxter Dury. Frank sang his praises in an interview and I wasn't disappointed.
pot Posted - 09/30/2020 : 12:15:55
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Pixies?
Checked shirts?
That's all I can think of. He tried to get me into Herman Brood a few years ago, unsuccesfully.

Ha I got a best of Herman Brood album on the back of Bluefinger. He has a few great tunes, almost like a Dutch Iggy. Saturday Night, Rock n Roll Junkie, Tattoo Song, Sleeping Bird. But I appreciate he's an acquired taste.

He recommended Shpritz to me, when he did the Q&A thing on Youtube back in the Bluefinger days. I went out and bought it. Still got it, but I think I've probably listening to it 2 times. It's in my loft.

Stevio10 Posted - 09/30/2020 : 12:08:01
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Pixies?
Checked shirts?
That's all I can think of. He tried to get me into Herman Brood a few years ago, unsuccesfully.

Ha I got a best of Herman Brood album on the back of Bluefinger. He has a few great tunes, almost like a Dutch Iggy. Saturday Night, Rock n Roll Junkie, Tattoo Song, Sleeping Bird. But I appreciate he's an acquired taste.
stuczuba Posted - 09/30/2020 : 10:37:06
Luis Bunuel
Vaughan Oliver
Paz
pot Posted - 09/30/2020 : 01:32:16
Pixies?
Checked shirts?
And technically it was my mum who got me into checked shirts, because she used to buy them for me every Xmas for me from Edinburgh Wollen Mill. Any further infuence I think came more from the grunge scene of the early 90's (which to be fair also had some of it's roots firmly in the music of early Pixies)
Stevio10 Posted - 09/29/2020 : 17:56:07
Finished reading Red Mars, Green Mars and making my way through Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson - wouldn't have read them if not for Frank.

Listen to a bunch of bands he's name checked or worked with over the years, particularly Miracle Legion / Mark Mulcahy.

Watched Eraserhead after hearing In Heaven.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000