-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Black Francis and Residents collaboration.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pixie punk Posted - 05/15/2020 : 06:51:41
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/residents-pixies-die-die-die-1000259/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stevio10 Posted - 08/29/2020 : 04:31:14
The song was recorded before the pandemic so I don't believe it was initially purposefully about Trump. But with how things progressed I can see how the narrative fits - or at least that's how the Residents put it. A

I'm sure if BF objected to it being about Trump he would have said, and as others have said he has been more active on twitter about this.

Besides, you can put your own interpretation to it as in most of his work. To be honest I find a song like The Last Stand of Shazeb Andleeb to be far more political than this.
tamefan Posted - 08/24/2020 : 20:33:33
I don't care for this song or for my favorite musicians becoming topical and political; I'll be staying away from this!
Stevio10 Posted - 06/22/2020 : 10:11:12
Wow, what a great surprise to hear this. Anyone else think this could very easily fit onto the Golem?
johnnyribcage Posted - 06/05/2020 : 06:36:13
Holy smokes! This is brutal! Awesome!

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
two reelers Posted - 05/24/2020 : 21:18:24
Love it.

A primitive (in the good sense of the word) statement. Also, in terms of content/message more layered and subtle than a first listen might suggests.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
peter radiator Posted - 05/24/2020 : 09:44:37
EDF produced the new album.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Bedbug Posted - 05/21/2020 : 05:09:19
I can't say that I love the song on the first listen, nothing to do with the subject matter. But the man can still belt. Glad to see it happened.
Brank_Flack Posted - 05/18/2020 : 05:49:51
Thanks for the write-up on the home page Cult - I may have otherwise missed this!
The Maharal Posted - 05/15/2020 : 12:25:38
BF has been very vocal on Twitter about Trump and his mishandling of the crisis.

In any case nice song.
peter radiator Posted - 05/15/2020 : 07:40:42
quote:
Originally posted by BunsenH

Thanks! Very political (especially by FBF's standards).

In all fairness, the article states that the song was recorded before the pandemic took hold.

It was likely the Residents idea to position the video as anti-Trump propaganda long after FBF made his contribution to the recording.

I would like to think they ran their plan by him first for approval just to be decent fellows (since he will of course be associated with whatever fallout or negative reaction they may receive), but it could very well be that they were not technically obliged to do so.

This is not to say that I think FBF would disagree with the thrust of the video's implications, but more an acknowledgement that, as has been stated above, he usually is more circumspect and guarded about publicly expressing any overtly political opinions, especially in conjunction with his songs and/or recordings.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
BunsenH Posted - 05/15/2020 : 07:25:22
Thanks! Very political (especially by FBF's standards).
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 05/15/2020 : 07:13:18
Thanks! Just saw it this morning.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000