-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 The Trump Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
trobrianders Posted - 01/15/2020 : 08:27:47
Are Frank fans free thinkers or leftist drones? Only one way to find out - The Trump Thread!

OK. I'll start. Anyone see Nancy and the Coup Clutz Clan today?

trobrianders Posted - 03/30/2020 : 05:01:27
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

Not my world. I'm an outsider on that one. Have been for a couple years.

quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

Jon Caldara a guest on Tucker. Boy your world is churning. Picked a side yet?

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.

So what have you turned your hand to if not baking bread? Local lefty activism to neutralize the existential threat that is Trump? I'd still sneakily admire you if you did.

trobrianders Posted - 03/09/2020 : 17:21:20
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:

I assumed it was asked in jest.

quote:
You've consistently asked the best questions in this thread so it's a pleasure to attempt an answer.

It was actually kind of a neutral question, asked in neutrality.

coastline was being sarcastic about Trump. I don't know, he must be one of them Obiden-Bama Democrats.

Troubles A Foot Posted - 03/09/2020 : 15:15:56
I hate Trump deeply but even I would be interested if he actually did any good policies or anything good for the country or something. I wouldn't deny the facts if I had them.
Bedbug Posted - 03/09/2020 : 12:17:14
quote:

quote:
You've consistently asked the best questions in this thread so it's a pleasure to attempt an answer.

It was actually kind of a neutral question, asked in neutrality.
coastline Posted - 03/07/2020 : 19:51:49

quote:

trobrianders Posted - 03/05/2020 : 16:05:57
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:

The Democratic field is so utterly useless it gives a Trump fan much heart. With the House back Republicans might actually save the republic. Indictments from Barr will help a great deal. The country really needs to see leading Democrats and their mob behind bars.

What do you hope to see Trump accomplish in the second term? What were his best accomplishments in the first term?

You've consistently asked the best questions in this thread so it's a pleasure to attempt an answer. It's a very personal answer though. His finest accomplishment was to take on the lefty metropolitan view of the world, a view which I found to be totally corrupt. Self serving elites grow then get overturned. That's our history. This particular elite I found to be particularly vile so I'm very happy to see it on the ropes and all without anyone resorting to violence. It was done through the ballot box. I think that's a proud achievement.

As to actual policies affecting Americans I can't say with any real knowledge as I'm not an American.

What I want to see in a second term is indictments. The rampant criminality of Democrats and their stooges must end. And part of that must include some form of guarantee of plurality in the national discourse, particularly in broadcast news. I'd really like to see legislation to prevent what is in effect propaganda crime against the nation. The metropolitan elite bear all the hallmarks of an occupying power.

Bedbug Posted - 03/05/2020 : 14:52:38
quote:

The Democratic field is so utterly useless it gives a Trump fan much heart. With the House back Republicans might actually save the republic. Indictments from Barr will help a great deal. The country really needs to see leading Democrats and their mob behind bars.

What do you hope to see Trump accomplish in the second term? What were his best accomplishments in the first term?
trobrianders Posted - 03/04/2020 : 03:19:56

danjersey Posted - 02/26/2020 : 12:10:37
So, after that dumpster fire of a debate last night the hangover media tactic appears to be Trump and the Coronavirus are joined at the hip. At least Colbert was funny in the moment.
trobrianders Posted - 02/13/2020 : 17:46:42
Thanks. By the way I have absolutely no idea how to combat extremism. I think it may be a function of technology rather than political philosophy which gives me hope it's a phase. Here's a quote I've always liked.
"Man's oldest problem: technology in advance of morality" John Fowles

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/13/2020 : 11:28:17
I don't agree to that.

Just kidding, sounds good and thank you. I think we agree on more than you probably realize, we just don't agree on the means of combating extremism/the far left's worst tendencies. I enjoy respectful discussion and maybe a topic at a time we'd get somewhere but as a whole, we're probably both fairly set in our ideologies.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
trobrianders Posted - 02/13/2020 : 07:23:42
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

You know, all I've gotten from you in this discussion is condescension and theoretical posturing about the tyranny of the left. Bring up a point? Deflect, change topic, and ramble about other things. I'm not bitter and I'll be careful of it, I've seen what it does and thanks for the warning.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

The thing about polemics. Best taken with a pinch of salt. Certainly better to respond with good humor and not indignation. Part of Trump's success is people are sick of indignation. It means nothing.

You know I admire you greatly for everything you've done with this site and I'm truly sorry for any genuine offence with the polemics. Let's agree to differ.

trobrianders Posted - 02/02/2020 : 04:17:02
quote:

quote:

A wonderful thing about a slice of freshly baked bread. No one cares which side you butter it.

coastline Posted - 02/01/2020 : 06:45:41

quote:

trobrianders Posted - 01/31/2020 : 16:54:18
quote:

I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue
And clouds of white
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
Of people going by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying
"I love you"

I hear babies cry
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Than I'll never know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/31/2020 : 15:29:57
You know, all I've gotten from you in this discussion is condescension and theoretical posturing about the tyranny of the left. Bring up a point? Deflect, change topic, and ramble about other things. I'm not bitter and I'll be careful of it, I've seen what it does and thanks for the warning.

trobrianders Posted - 01/31/2020 : 15:10:38
I've enjoyed many interesting, entertaining and illuminating discussions with lefty friends of mine. I've never had a discussion with one who so completely drank the Kool-Aid. I'm afraid the US is changing in ways you'll continue to deplore. And Canada will soon follow. Take care the bitterness doesn't set.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/31/2020 : 14:47:23
ALL THE WITNESSES: Ok we all agree. This is what happened.

REPUBLICANS: None of you were in the room!

BOLTON: *raises hand* Well I was in the...

REPUBLICANS: Who asked you?! Shut up! You’re a liberal pawn!

BOLTON: Um... I’m actually I’m a lifelong Republican and I was literally Trump’s national security advi...

REPUBLICANS: Shut your mustache! Somebody bring back the first national security advisor.

FLYNN: *in orange jumpsuit* Hey sorry guys I’m in jail lol.

REPUBLICANS: What? Why?

FLYNN: For lying to the FBI about the Russia investigation.

REPUBLICANS: Well what idiot told you to do that?!

FLYNN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! No one believes either of you!

KELLY: *raises hand* I believe them. And I was Trump’s Chief of sta...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! Let’s talk to the current chief of staff. Who is he?

MULVANEY: *raises hand* It’s me. Sort of. Well, I'm the act...

REPUBLICANS: Shit. Never mind.

PARNAS: *raises hand* I was also in the room. In fact, here’s a cell phone video of the President saying that...

REPUBLICANS: Wait what?! How in hell did you sneak a cell phone into a meeting with the President?

PARNAS: It was easy I just walked right in and...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! You’re a criminal!

PARNAS: Correct. So I just walked right into...

TRUMP: I don’t know him.

PARNAS: And here’s 500 pictures of me with the President because we’re besties.

REPUBLICANS: Wait... What idiot introduced you to the President??

PARNAS: His personal lawyer.

REPUBLICANS: Cohen??

COHEN: *also in orange jumpsuit* Hey no sorry guys I’m in jail too. Oops.

REPUBLICANS: Why?

COHEN: For campaign finance violations.

REPUBLICANS: Whose campaign?

COHEN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! Who was the campaign chair??

MANAFORT: *also in orange jumpsuit* Yeah. Me. Also in jail. Heyyyy.

REPUBLICANS: IS EVERYBODY IN JAIL?!?

PARNAS: It was Giuliani.

YOVANOVITCH: Giuliani! That’s the guy who had me fired from my job!

REPUBLICANS: Who are you??

YOVANOVITCH: I was the ambassador to Ukraine.

REPUBLICANS: Wait, you had her fired? Do you work for the government??

GIULIANI: Nope. But I figured no one really follows any rules around here so...

REPUBLICANS: Well who is the ambassador to the European Union??

SONDLAND: *raises hand* It's me. I was also in the roo...

REPUBLICANS: F@$&!!!

PUTIN: *rubs his bare chest*

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/31/2020 : 14:45:17
quote:

quote:

quote:

You have a problem with what Trump is doing. His supporters don't. Sounds like normal democratic politics to me. You say he's making things worse. I say he's making things better. Sounds like normal democratic politics to me. What is it about normal democratic politics you can't stand? I celebrated Obama's election though I disagreed with him politically. I didn't want him lynched as you want Trump lynched.

Having a problem with policy is one thing. He repeals (or tries to) the so-called Obamacare, that's policy. He wants to build a wall across the Mexican border, or divert military funds, those are all policy decisions. Nobody is talking about that. I wish that's what this was about.

Instead, what is being talked about is blatant abuse of power. Using taxpayer dollars and resources (i.e. military support) to get dirt on an opponent. Firing or removing countless strings of people that were operating in their roles as the "checks and balances" you referenced earlier. Not just once, but again and again. Attacking the media for being critical (again, their job as a check and balance, agree or not).

If you don't have a problem with abusing the office for personal gain (as long as it's a Republican) and to avoid answering for crimes, then fundamentally we are at an impasse.

Oh my goodness If he has done all that you better impeach him.

Hard when he runs the senate. Don't you think it's telling that before the trial even went to the senate, they were saying it didn't matter what happened in the house, it would go nowhere? Checks and balances, right? Why allow more evidence when the trial is a foregone conclusion, I know, but do you honestly believe suppressing evidence is in the best interests of the country?

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/31/2020 : 14:41:45
Missed this in the first response...

quote:

I say I stand for self-determination, respect for law that commands majority consent, proper punishment for law-breakers of any political persuasion, pluralism and an opportunity for everyone to have a legitimate means to express themselves and I'm the problem? If Trump was what you say he is how the hell have Trump-haters had free hand from every quarter to hound him so ineffectively?

First of all, I could as easily as you "If heavy handed government has so controlled all in its infinite corruption and capability to conspire, then how are you able to post what you do without arrest?" Just because there is still a press and not everything is in tatters doesn't mean that there isn't success. The NYT can still exist, but if you discredit everything in it without a single critical thought then does it matter anymore? The fact that they're rendered, as you put it, ineffective, is because your brain washing is complete. They took your fear of oppressive government and warped it into whatever it is you are now.

The direction and rhetoric should concern anyone with an open mind.

And finally, you seriously think I fear a clean and non-corrupt government or a house cleaning?? Grow up. You think electing a corrupt businessman who appoints his family and friends is going to do that just because he's "an outsider" (who spent his life bribing and using that corruption to his advantage)? Sure.

trobrianders Posted - 01/31/2020 : 14:36:30
quote:

quote:

You have a problem with what Trump is doing. His supporters don't. Sounds like normal democratic politics to me. You say he's making things worse. I say he's making things better. Sounds like normal democratic politics to me. What is it about normal democratic politics you can't stand? I celebrated Obama's election though I disagreed with him politically. I didn't want him lynched as you want Trump lynched.

Having a problem with policy is one thing. He repeals (or tries to) the so-called Obamacare, that's policy. He wants to build a wall across the Mexican border, or divert military funds, those are all policy decisions. Nobody is talking about that. I wish that's what this was about.

Instead, what is being talked about is blatant abuse of power. Using taxpayer dollars and resources (i.e. military support) to get dirt on an opponent. Firing or removing countless strings of people that were operating in their roles as the "checks and balances" you referenced earlier. Not just once, but again and again. Attacking the media for being critical (again, their job as a check and balance, agree or not).

If you don't have a problem with abusing the office for personal gain (as long as it's a Republican) and to avoid answering for crimes, then fundamentally we are at an impasse.

Oh my goodness If he has done all that you better impeach him.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/31/2020 : 14:06:15
quote:

trobrianders Posted - 01/31/2020 : 09:36:39
Brexit Day!!! Today Britain leaves the EUSSR.

trobrianders Posted - 01/30/2020 : 05:06:21
Young people give me a lot of hope and optimism. I don't mean the shrill yet well-placed minority of young brownshirts that support the Democrats but the majority with no party affiliation who have figured out that in a shrinking world made possible by technology, long-standing prejudices are surplus to requirement and want them jettisoned as quickly as possible. If we're all, more and more, going to be sharing space with people from different backgrounds and cultures it's obviously an act of self-harm to apply those outdated prejudices to the situation. The young get that instinctively. It's the Left's segregating identity politics which are desperately trying to reignite those old prejudices in people's minds and hearts.

danjersey Posted - 01/29/2020 : 20:33:49
KCRW interview and performance has made for pretty good listening while reading the discourse here. Probably the most Uber FB fan behavior I’ve engaged in in quite a while. Donald Trump will be re-elected. This is not a prediction it’s just what comes to my mind when reading “the Trump thread”. Trump is an optimist. His optimism is way more appealing then his opponents “the sky is falling” chicken little attitude. It is what it is.
trobrianders Posted - 01/29/2020 : 13:50:31

The guy in his basement is celebrating economic advancement for minority groups freed from Democrats who have kept them down for decades. If he's one of the billion white supremacists hiding under your bed we should all hope his mom finds out and clips him round the ear. Meanwhile the New York Times journalist is spreading anti-white race hatred and justifying the cowardly violence of Antifa basement-dwellers. It wouldn't surprise me if Trudeau welcomed Harry and Me-again with a rendition of Swanee, woke jazz hands and all. I'm non white and I've known my whole life the vilest race-hatred resides on the left.

I'm old enough to remember when the last stodgy establishment got swept out. It was pretty bigoted but in a matter of 5 years 1977-1982 it was replaced in politics, media, you name it, right across the board. I'm Indian and I didn't particularly appreciate mainstream comedians in the 1970s telling jokes like what's the difference between a Paki and a bucket of shit? The bucket. I celebrated their removal then as I celebrate the removal of this new stodgy, lefty establishment that is far more bigoted and dangerous. The last thing I want is anything burned to the ground. The existing democratic structures are more than sufficient for Trump to clean house. That I think is what you actually fear.

I say I stand for self-determination, respect for law that commands majority consent, proper punishment for law-breakers of any political persuasion, pluralism and an opportunity for everyone to have a legitimate means to express themselves and I'm the problem? If Trump was what you say he is how the hell have Trump-haters had free hand from every quarter to hound him so ineffectively?

Go to sleep now dear or Trump'll come and get yer.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/29/2020 : 11:32:27
At the end of the day you can spout pretty ideological absolutisms all you want. When your garbage man makes more of a mess than he was hired to clean up, and you cheer it on as he and his party trample these so called checks and balances then you're probably - intentionally or not - on the side of garbage, not reform. Media? Fake news. Unless you agree with it. A guy in his basement spouting conspiracy theories has more legitimacy than the "failing" New York Times. So those that support Trump because of some perceived agenda of taking down big government can no longer be told anything that counters their beliefs. Even a pretty cut and dry case for impeachment doesn't matter. The Senate, under Trump's thumb, doesn't even want to hear evidence. That's how far it's gotten. And you can call it a coup all you want, but when the guy running the show is able to circumvent an investigation or trial or even the bringing of evidence to that trial, your champions are actually the worst kind of government possible. One with no accountability and a leader that has always, as far back as you can possibly go, shown only self interest at any expense.

No doubt the very concept of a government is by definition a left concept based on the idea that sometimes people working together can accomplish more than a bunch of individuals fighting against each other for their sole benefit. And no doubt government can take that into areas where individualism is in peril. We all seem to agree here that the SJW culture of instant offense and intolerance (which these same people hypocritically protest against) is gone too far. For you, it sounds like your solution is to burn everything down. Let the biggest polluters run the EPA into meaningless. Let a guy that thinks massive communications companies should own the internet (which itself is a product of a taxpayer funded initiative) run the FCC. Institute a nepotistic government as long as it means bringing the whole thing down. Do you think Trump is going to be the champion of individual rights and freedom of speech? Take a look at what happens to anyone that criticizes him. As much as the SJW hypocrisy is too much to take, the hypocrisy from the white house and republicans these days is beyond comprehension.

That doesn't mean I support the democrats. The last election was one for the books with some of the worst choices ever. This upcoming one isn't looking much better. But then the US went and chose the worst of the bad choices and instead of recognizing that, the story just keeps changing and the camp just keeps doubling down on their defence not just of Trump, but of their own blindness in supporting him.

trobrianders Posted - 01/29/2020 : 10:59:03
I've heard pure right wing content and it absolutely disgusts me so you've lost me there with that comment. It's part of what the Left have so successfully done these past 40 years. They've taken what were simply regarded as centrist positions and painted them as pure right wing. Of course if you accept hard leftist definitions, any opposing position will seem pure right wing to you. There were of course many centrist Democrats but they're all terrified of being denounced. The Left largely control education, entertainment and news media by a process 1000 times more poisonous than anything McCarthy ever came up with. When this Leftist inquisition is over you will hear testimony of how terrified people were to speak their minds and their hearts.

Your second point is a good one. If Trump sold a false prospectus, well our system has a remedy for that. It's called voting the bum out. No surprise the Left don't want to rely on voters any more than a slave owner would want to consult his slaves.

Your last point is a little weak. RINOs still had power in the first half of the Trump term. McCain sunk that particular legislation if you remember. Many were still on the fence as long as the likes of Ryan and Romney had influence. They're all washed up now.

I'll concede there is a valid left wing argument for government even though I disagree with it but we hear precious little of it. It has been snuffed out by the fanatics on the Left.

Skatealex1 Posted - 01/29/2020 : 09:14:52
Honestly it sounds like you just consume pure right wing content. Left wing really isn't all I'm a box like you portray it. I watch some big left wing YouTubers like David Pakman and he never calls anyone racist.

In reference to far left SJW types I agree though. But you're portrayal sounds really one sided.

Further- a lot of people voted for Trump cause he's a populist. One of the things he did right last election was campaigning in rural areas like Pennsylvania and appealing to them.

Turned out he was full of it though on many fronts. Coal will never be the major energy source it once was and a lot of farmers have been lashing back as tarrifs hurt their farms.

That said, the incumbent president always has an advantage so he certainly can win. I think the next election will be a toss up at this point.

A good example of the right failing too is how much they fumbled health care. Trump had the house and Senate and couldn't pass jack. And to add to that US healthcare ranks on the lower tier on the globe. Countries like Canada on the other hand rank higher. So I think the current approach to it is certainly questionable.

L
trobrianders Posted - 01/29/2020 : 08:32:46

trobrianders Posted - 01/29/2020 : 08:18:05
quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

I'm also in the camp of not being into either parties but personally I'm not a fan of Trump at all. The guy makes **** up non stop.

I don't care about 'outrage' culture but I think Trump is essentially a glorified reality TV star that got rich with the help of millions of dollars to invest from his dad.

If you simply follow his Twitter, it does not seem like one of a sane person. Also he hires a lot of questionable people into different roles.

I could go on about this. But to the OP I'd be curious what you think is good about Trump.

We're in a culture war. The west has been a great place to live for the freedoms individuals enjoy. Our democratic culture has served us well. That's under serious threat with sizeable portions of our populations now believing the state should govern every aspect of our lives, not just what we do but what we're permitted to think. If history teaches us anything it's that any system that tries to exert that level of control ultimately causes mass misery and mass murder before it's violently overthrown. Trump, and anyone who supports him, understands that. Of course the man's personality faults are legion. His supporters don't care about the personality of the garbage man. They care that he takes out the garbage. And they have enough faith in checks and balances to know he couldn't be a dictator even if he wanted to be.

Of all totalitarianisms Leftism is the very worst. Leftism is a philosophy of self-hatred. Leftists actually want to conjure up a right wing bogeyman to come and destroy them. Their self-hatred demands it. And millions of innocents always suffer in the process. In that they are like the bastard child of a fanatical Christianity. They see humans as sinners (for their climate sins for example) and they warn of heresy (climate denial), they warn that The End is Nigh. They warn of Judgement Day (climate catastrophe) which can be averted if all power is transferred to them, a priestly caste (enlightened leftist vanguard). And they demonise Trump as though he were Satan.

Leftists always fail disasterously because they base policy on how they think people should respond rather than how they would respond. Humans live in a world of scarcity, choice and opportunity cost and what they do to survive and thrive in it is good and natural. Leftists, in their idealism, hate that idea of humanity though it is impossible to escape. They are anti-human. They are at war with human nature but they always find nature is unforgiving. How many examples do we need?; Russia, China, the Eastern bloc, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, Cambodia. Over a century of repeated catastrophe. The Khmer Rouge, the Taliban, the hard left in the west. All Year Zero fanatics.

Leftists say the poor and under-privileged are defenceless without them. Slave-owners used to say their slaves would starve without them. Sound familiar? Leftism developed by adopting the slave-owner's philosophy after slavery was abolished. Leftism's invention and exploitation of the modern notion of racism has been truly despicable. Their tactic is always the same; to subvert legitimate discussion of cultural difference into illegitimate discussion of race. Trump is challenging that notion head on. And now all is not well on the Demokkkrat plantation. The black exit from the party under Trump has been cannily termed Blexit. Some Democrat politicians are the modern day equivalent of slave catchers.

I could go on and on. Clearly I despise the Left. Anyway it's only one opinion in the marketplace for as long as the Left don't abolish the market. The Left's response, as typified in this thread, is Soviet whataboutery; what about the far right? Anyone on the right who advocates anything outside law that commands majority consent is a criminal or a savage even. I'm on the center-right and I would like to see them dealt with harshly but not exterminated in gulags as the Left would prefer. But the Left never know when to stop. As their system fails and people rebel they always end up reclassifying the people as 'enemies of the people'.

November 2020 should clarify things

Skatealex1 Posted - 01/29/2020 : 00:03:09
I'm also in the camp of not being into either parties but personally I'm not a fan of Trump at all. The guy makes **** up non stop.

I don't care about 'outrage' culture but I think Trump is essentially a glorified reality TV star that got rich with the help of millions of dollars to invest from his dad.

If you simply follow his Twitter, it does not seem like one of a sane person. Also he hires a lot of questionable people into different roles.

I could go on about this. But to the OP I'd be curious what you think is good about Trump.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/28/2020 : 12:32:39
Maybe a better question is how do you define it? Obviously not free thinking. I’d say mindless, sheep-like but with some subservient undertones

trobrianders Posted - 01/27/2020 : 17:25:35
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

Yeah, I agree. With the tech companies and many many many other companies too, the woke stuff is in the HR department and in a lot of new generation hires that are constantly looking for problems and things to get outraged by. I've seen a lot of articles and etc about how so many people at office jobs just have no idea what to do with this wave of the current generation coming in and causing endless trouble.

In my own experience on my job I was forced to take a multiple choice anti-harrassment test that was mostly about gender identity and things that had nothing to do with harassment, and I kept wondering, why do I have to answer these questions? I chose things I don't believe in just to get the test over with and so I could continue my job but it felt like an actual brainwashing tool to me.

What you're describing is the Soviet tactic of denunciation to scare everyone into line. But people aren't scared. They keep voting the wrong way. Drives the Left crazy.

You don't see that the right does the same thing in the US? And increasingly here in Canada, too. Fun to say it's "the other side" but the reality is politics and discourse has been poisoned by both camps. Hell, you even started this thread with "free thinkers or leftist drones".

How do you define leftist drone?

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/27/2020 : 12:19:41
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

Yeah, I agree. With the tech companies and many many many other companies too, the woke stuff is in the HR department and in a lot of new generation hires that are constantly looking for problems and things to get outraged by. I've seen a lot of articles and etc about how so many people at office jobs just have no idea what to do with this wave of the current generation coming in and causing endless trouble.

In my own experience on my job I was forced to take a multiple choice anti-harrassment test that was mostly about gender identity and things that had nothing to do with harassment, and I kept wondering, why do I have to answer these questions? I chose things I don't believe in just to get the test over with and so I could continue my job but it felt like an actual brainwashing tool to me.

What you're describing is the Soviet tactic of denunciation to scare everyone into line. But people aren't scared. They keep voting the wrong way. Drives the Left crazy.

You don't see that the right does the same thing in the US? And increasingly here in Canada, too. Fun to say it's "the other side" but the reality is politics and discourse has been poisoned by both camps. Hell, you even started this thread with "free thinkers or leftist drones".

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000