-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 Server Move Complete

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/06/2020 : 06:48:12
Please note: Starting today, over the next few days we will be relocating our server to a (hopefully better) platform. The site may not show up for a day or two as the DNS migrates and it's likely there will be some hiccups as all the data moves.

Note that there is a risk of any new posts or changes made from now until the migration is complete will be lost. I will do my best to minimize this and let you all know when the migration is begun and when it is complete.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 02/27/2020 : 05:12:13
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

It would have been delivered to your email account. I was simply asking what area you have interest in helping with. Thanks!

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Ok, not sure where the message went but glad to help. First and foremost I wanted to send you some dough to help with costs. I would be glad to help with #2 and #8 as well.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/24/2020 : 17:15:30
It would have been delivered to your email account. I was simply asking what area you have interest in helping with. Thanks!

Bedbug Posted - 02/24/2020 : 11:01:03
I'm sorry COF, I didn't seem to get the message. I'm not sure I even know how to access it. Let me know next steps. I want to help.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/17/2020 : 20:49:10
You're quite welcome, sir

darwin Posted - 02/16/2020 : 21:12:31
Thank you Dean
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/10/2020 : 07:10:41
Messaged you a bit ago just FYI.

Also, on the main topic, if you noticed over the last couple days that the main forum page (not the active topics) wasn't loading, I noticed that I'd missed one location that was still connecting to the database on our old server. That server was finally killed off a few days ago and resulted in one or two pages (as far as I know) no longer working. I've got that all fixed, I think, but as always, if you're coming across any errors or issues in using the site, please leave a note here or email me.

Bedbug Posted - 01/24/2020 : 04:57:26
This is great stuff. Can you message me or something so I can follow up with you directly.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/23/2020 : 07:42:25
Sure, I'm happy to do so!

1) Help with costs. Previous donations got us this far but our old hosting was expiring end of January and the account was empty. The package for the new hosting/domain renewal cost $250 which was out of my pocket so any donations/help in that manner are appreciated. This is good until Jan 2023. You can help here: http://www.frankblack.net/friends/

2) News Editor: Someone that keeps a close eye on news related to FB/Pixies (releases, interviews, podcasts, etc) and can write up timely, well-formatted summaries.

3) Gigography Update: The gigography goes until 2008. I've created a new database for tour dates/live events/appearances that is now being used by the homepage to show upcoming events. That database for now has the stale upcoming appearances from 2016 plus the current/upcoming Pixies shows in Europe and Austalia/NZ this year. What I'd like is to have someone go through the various tour announcement new releases that can be found in Google archives and add the missing ones between 2008 and now to the DB. I also plan to try to move the Gigography into a database format to make it more searchable. Once that's done, and as many of the gigs as possible are entered, then there's a lot of potential data in the forums about setlists, reviews, etc that could be added to specific concerts. And the ultimate would be to have bootlegs available for some of the shows available through there as well (pending discussion with Charles/management). But the result would be that gigs could be searched to see what venues in, say, Paris, FB has played, or where he's played "Motorway to Roswell" live, ...

4) Re-branding the website to reflect the current state of FB's image (a little less country, a little more ... Pixies). I'd need mostly graphical work here (icon replacement, homepage update, etc). Active Duck did this for us to get the current (and still very lovely) theme we have today, I think he may be willing to help again.

5) Discopedia. Coastline has volunteered to help update some of the data, but he could use assistance in digging up quotes, references, special releases, etc. from the forums that should be tied to the various songs.

6) Update to the links section. I'm open to ideas but I'd like to have a channel, catalog, or something along those lines with all the videos we can find that are FB related, for example. what we have now is lacking: http://www.frankblack.net/links/

7) Tabs. Already covered elsewhere but re-stating for completeness. There are a lot of tabs in the forum that would benefit from being posted in the tabs section.

8) Forum moderator. Most of our former mods don't really come by enough that we need some newer blood keeping an eye on things here. Have to be diplomatic, fair, but also take care of issues and make sure everyone is remaining civil and following forum etiquette. Not a huge job these days, thankfully, but still important.

Bedbug Posted - 01/23/2020 : 05:30:28
Thank you Dean for keeping this going.

Can you make a wishlist of things you need here, besides the discopedia / tabs stuff that you mentioned.

Thanks again,
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/17/2020 : 10:07:57
Well thanks I’m advance for the Discopedia help and just offering!

coastline Posted - 01/17/2020 : 03:26:01
Nice work, Dean. Thanks for keeping this special place alive.

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/16/2020 : 23:17:21
OK, and updates and fixes applied all over the #$^@#!^ place. A new news item, updated tour info, a couple new entries into the Discopedia, a total re-write of the way tour dates are handled by this site (putting into a database instead of text which will hopefully enable easier editing and eventual tie in with the gigography).

Long overdue but I think we have a good home here.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/15/2020 : 14:29:20
Move completed. Please let me know if you encounter any issues!

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/07/2020 : 12:48:28
Just letting everyone know there are more delays on this end - new server is prepped but having problems getting data off the current server. So continue on posting and I'll post again when this finally starts.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000