-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Great Reunion Albums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
two reelers Posted - 09/21/2019 : 17:30:36
(inspired by a posting in the BTE thread)

I think of Dinosaur Jr.'s "Beyond". Energy-, song- and group-dynamics wise, exactly the same where they have left off 15 years ago or so. But still very new, very fresh, high-quality. This is probably my top Dino-Album.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TarTar Posted - 06/16/2021 : 14:27:09
The Clean's Modern Rock

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
Srisaket Posted - 06/02/2021 : 21:00:51
---

new My Bloody Valentine album, 22 years after Loveless, and I thought that was really unfair. It's basically a carbon copy of their previous albums, only less interesting, and I don't think anyone still listens to it...

Denis

[/quote]

It was just an excuse for Kevin Shield's to release an album to justify milking nostalgia for the band so they could make some dough from touring.
Srisaket Posted - 06/02/2021 : 20:48:54
All of the albums released by Godspeed You! Black Emperor since they reformed are good.
darwin Posted - 06/02/2021 : 19:19:55
Meat Puppets last album was great, but they never really went away.
Newo Posted - 04/26/2021 : 11:22:08
This is true, he also takes great care of his instrument.

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.
Stevio10 Posted - 04/26/2021 : 10:15:17
quote:
Originally posted by Newo

Faith No More's Sol Invictus. One of the only big reunion bands in recent times with any dignity, mostly as the drummer has stayed in shape.

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.

Plus Mike Patton sounds exactly the same
Newo Posted - 04/26/2021 : 04:29:29
Faith No More's Sol Invictus. One of the only big reunion bands in recent times with any dignity, mostly as the drummer has stayed in shape.

--

TarTar Posted - 04/24/2021 : 13:00:14
The one no one ever brings up: Magazine [i]No Thyself/i] from 2011. Great stuff!

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
Discoking Posted - 01/16/2020 : 05:50:16
the afghan whigs - do to the beast

it's educational
Discoking Posted - 12/30/2019 : 04:03:21
dinosaur jr. - beyond
slowdive - slowdive

it's educational
Stevio10 Posted - 12/29/2019 : 02:29:26
Mission of Burma comeback album On Off On from 2004 is great, their first since Vs from 82. During the time that passed it doesn't sound like any time really passed at all. Maybe that's part of what makes a comeback album special.
peter radiator Posted - 09/26/2019 : 10:01:25
Television's self-titled 1992 comeback album is sublimely phenomenal.

I know Richard hates it and views it as little more than a Tom Verlaine solo album that happened to feature all the members of Television, but a lot of that is just his bitterness talking.

In truth, it's a goddamn beautiful piece of brainiac guitar, drums and vocals majesty that no other group of four musicians could have ever created, and which required each individual one of them operating at the peaks of their abilities to do so.

Case in point:

https://youtu.be/zqZD7TmHRpk

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
peter radiator Posted - 09/26/2019 : 09:55:36
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Break Like The Wind was pretty good.

YES YES YES

I blame Walter Becker's copious assistance in the studio.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Bedbug Posted - 09/23/2019 : 02:30:55
Break Like The Wind was pretty good.
vilainde Posted - 09/23/2019 : 00:51:28
Would you call All Nerve a post-reunion album? It's a reunion of the classic lineup after all. And it's freaking awesome.

Also, Mazzy Star's Seasons Of Your Day was lovely.

Denis
vilainde Posted - 09/23/2019 : 00:37:57
Sleater-Kinney's No Cities To Love was really really good. I saw the reunion tour in Paris and the concert was simply fantastic (so good actually that they made a proper live album out of it!).
I haven't bought the new one though, produced by St Vincent, wasn't impressed by what I heard :(

---

At the same time Indie Cindy was released, every music journalist was raving about the new My Bloody Valentine album, 22 years after Loveless, and I thought that was really unfair. It's basically a carbon copy of their previous albums, only less interesting, and I don't think anyone still listens to it...

Denis
Troubles A Foot Posted - 09/21/2019 : 21:35:52
One came out last week: the Rheostatics reunion album Here Come The Wolves. Some really musically ambitious stuff, a few instant classic songs, and both feels like old Rheos but also sounds like uncharted territory.

I'll repeat what I said in the thread: New Roman Times by Camper Van Beethoven, perhaps the greatest reunion album.

I thought the Ben Folds Five album was pretty good though not quite at the classic level of their first three. Still...pretty damn good.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000