-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 The Complete List of FBF Tunes Never Played Live

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 09/03/2019 : 09:47:50
I'll start:

Space (I Believe In)

Feel free to add on as you think of more.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
picpic Posted - 09/16/2019 : 10:17:28
Yeah I’m also skeptical about Ring the Bell being attempted that night.

Fun fact: Oh my Golly was premiered by the band in 2018

___
"Service Unavailable"
darwin Posted - 09/16/2019 : 09:29:51
1826?
yarbles Posted - 09/14/2019 : 23:22:31
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Ring the Bell*

I put an asterisk by Ring the Bell because of what Rivum mentioned. I know we actually debated that point a few years ago here on the forum because some members don't actually think it was in Ring the Bell that was started, I forget what they think it was, Gouge or Snakes or something.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't Ring the Bell. During the Head Carrier tour I was chatting with the band's lighting guy Myles Mangino, and he was showing me his control panel for the shows. He has a big monitor with lighting presets for all the songs that could possibly be played by the band. All the songs that had been played had a highlight around them, songs that hadn't been played were grayed out. I remember taking note that Ring the Bell and Jamie Bravo were the only IC songs that hadn't been clicked/played before.
Bedbug Posted - 09/12/2019 : 07:37:53
I would love it if that were the case. I suppose an argument could be made either way: 1- there's no way it was ring the bell, because they never tried it before or since, and how could the reviewer recognize it based on a live snippet at a concert. 2 - It certainly as RTB because they were trying out new stuff at the time, but that one didn't go right and Frank basically shelved it and hasn't been interested in trying it since. Verdict: the asterisk stands for now.

For those paying attention to this thread: has every single song from the Imperial Era been played live? Nothing from FB, TOTY, or CoR that never got brought to the stage? Moving to Oddballs, any there?
rivum Posted - 09/09/2019 : 10:56:27
this review seems to confirm that ring the bell was attempted, although they may have gotten their info from setlist.fm I suppose.
Still, it's inconsistent with the setlist.fm list since the reviewer thinks they attempted ring the bell right off the bat and getting into u-mass after that so who knows what's right...

**EDIT** crap, forgot the link! https://www.chorusversechorus.com/pixies--horseshoe-tavern--06-07-2015.html
Bedbug Posted - 09/09/2019 : 08:56:37
Updated list:

Space (I Believe In)
St. Francis Dam Disaster
The Seus
In the Time of My Ruin
Lake of Sin
O My Tidy Sum
Six Legged Man (?)
Wild Son
WIGDOY
NSE
Cinema Star
Ring the Bell*
Jaime Bravo

I'm not totally sure about the songs from NSE. Please chime in if you know.

I put an asterisk by Ring the Bell because of what Rivum mentioned. I know we actually debated that point a few years ago here on the forum because some members don't actually think it was in Ring the Bell that was started, I forget what they think it was, Gouge or Snakes or something.
rivum Posted - 09/09/2019 : 05:46:24
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Ring the Bell and Jaime Bravo haven’t been performed live I believe.

according to setlist.fm, ring the bell ALMOST was played - it was attempted but aborted in toronto on June 7, 2015
yarbles Posted - 09/09/2019 : 00:32:15
Ring the Bell and Jaime Bravo haven’t been performed live I believe.
The Maharal Posted - 09/04/2019 : 11:08:01
Has he played In The Time of My Ruin live? I'm sure there's a chunk of good 'uns on Fast Man he hasn't played. Same with NSE (Dead Man's Curve, Corrina, Rabbits and Wheels are the only ones I can recall being played live).
Bedbug Posted - 09/04/2019 : 11:05:22
Here is the list so far:

Space (I Believe In)
St. Francis Dam Disaster
The Seus

Is Space (I Believe In) the only 1.0 song that has never been done live?
Bedbug Posted - 09/03/2019 : 11:30:42
Score two points for Mr. Bill Goodman (assuming he is correct).

That brings our list to two:

Space (I Believe In)
The Seus

I want to hazard a guess and say St. Francis Dam Disaster. I feel like Broken Face (the forum member) would know for sure about that one.
billgoodman Posted - 09/03/2019 : 11:22:50
The Seus?

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000