-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Did FB restrict himself to Pixies for a reason?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nekom Posted - 08/02/2019 : 03:16:46
He seems to love travel, based on the content of his songs.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
billgoodman Posted - 08/17/2019 : 19:01:12
Maybe because Frank does in almost every interview

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
pot Posted - 08/17/2019 : 13:16:52
quote:
Originally posted by TheScooper

He's older and has like five kids now -- so I'm guessing one creative outlet is all he needs (or has time for) these days

That's just really bizarre man. Why would you mention anything about his personal life?
Bedbug Posted - 08/15/2019 : 09:31:25
I get the feeling he self restricts quite often. In the latest episode he says if it were up to him there would be a new Pixies album every year
billgoodman Posted - 08/14/2019 : 10:45:24
Something I just realized
Frank did not restrict himself for years

Pixies reunited in 2004. He released a couple of solo records during the first 6 years of the reunion.

billgoodman Posted - 08/11/2019 : 07:10:40
quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

I often wonder if he views his painting as his 'real art' these days, restricting the Pixies stuff to the 'day job' that gets the bills paid.

He pretty much says this in the last Mojo interview

nekom Posted - 08/06/2019 : 02:18:10
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug
Everyone playing Cult of Ray at full volume for 24 hours on its 25th anniversary may help break the chains

Your humor is not unappreciated.
Bedbug Posted - 08/02/2019 : 11:17:02
Also, don't forget to mention that while he has restricted himself to Pixies, he hasn't restricted himself to all Pixies. Plenty of precious 1.0 songs haven't seen the light of day in decades, and plenty of 2.0 songs are already relegated to the islands of obscurity.
picpic Posted - 08/02/2019 : 09:05:57
He knows his solo stuff don’t attract crowds.
He’s proud of his success with the Pixies.
His « fuck off » days are over since 2004.
He « supports » Dave & Joey through the band
It’s hard to be prolific for two bands after all he has written over the years.
Albums sales don’t pay as much as before. Touring does. Pixies tour medium-large venues, Frank Black doesn’t.
I hope we’ll hear some solo stuff in the future.. But solo stuff means composing, recording, hiring musicians, touring, etc etc.. and its probably not worth it as Frank Black

___
"Service Unavailable"
Bedbug Posted - 08/02/2019 : 08:53:19
He is being controlled by an unseen hand, one of the many forces of darkness in the recording industry, and is not allowed to be Frank Black anymore, to the point that he couldn’t even sign Johnny Ribcage’s copy of TOTY.

Also notice how almost nothing was done to recognize 25 years of TOTY. Even forum member attempts have been foiled by these dark forces.

Everyone playing Cult of Ray at full volume for 24 hours on its 25th anniversary may help break the chains
billgoodman Posted - 08/02/2019 : 08:32:21
He's a snake, as he has told us a couple of times.
So I guess he will change in the future

The Maharal Posted - 08/02/2019 : 08:03:09
I often wonder if he views his painting as his 'real art' these days, restricting the Pixies stuff to the 'day job' that gets the bills paid.

Another (half-baked) theory (of mine) is that their manager told him not to bother with anymore solo stuff and just concentrate on Pixies to maximise earnings.

Whatever the reason, I have a feeling that a few years down the line he's going to say fuck it and release a long-overdue solo double album about whatever obscure topic he's then into and we'll all be the better for it. I don't know what age Charles is now but I hope he gets that itch and scratches it before too long.
TheScooper Posted - 08/02/2019 : 03:28:41
He's older and has like five kids now -- so I'm guessing one creative outlet is all he needs (or has time for) these days

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000