-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Do you care about Star Wars IX?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 04/12/2019 : 11:52:59
I just saw the trailer, and man I really don’t care about this movie.

I get that I’m 40 years older than when I first saw Star Wars, but that’s why I should care, or wished I cared.

Do you?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newo Posted - 04/30/2021 : 06:12:49
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Totally. Rian absolutely botched the middle chapter. That movie might have been okay as a first chapter but if you're going to have a trilogy, it better have a consistent arc, theme, etc to connect.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

It's almost like he ended the trilogy in the second film: it takes place over a short interval of time like a climax, the rebels are down to their last gasp, and the coda with the kid making jedi with the broom feels like the passing of the torch to the next generation. It was a galactic spanner in the works but still, I'm low-key awed that there was so little planning for this corporate juggernaut that he got to make whatever film he wanted. An interesting artifact all the same imo.

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.
Bedbug Posted - 04/28/2021 : 10:41:41
I still have not watched it.
two reelers Posted - 04/27/2021 : 11:00:41
No. (In reply to the original post.)

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/27/2021 : 07:26:21
Totally. Rian absolutely botched the middle chapter. That movie might have been okay as a first chapter but if you're going to have a trilogy, it better have a consistent arc, theme, etc to connect.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Newo Posted - 04/26/2021 : 04:42:40
It's a mess of a movie, and I pity the editors who had to try to sculpt something coherent for the final film in a trilogy that had the director of the second movie rewinding or thwarting plot points made in the first movie. Call me traditional, but I think the directors of a trilogy should talk with each other and at least decide on who the main villain is going to be long before the third film enters production, instead of serving up Palpatine like a bowl of reheated cabbage.

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.
TarTar Posted - 04/24/2021 : 12:58:33
The Rise of Skywalker was an overall highly forgettable film. Especially with The Mandolorian being released concurrently.

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
Bedbug Posted - 03/16/2020 : 09:13:18
I still haven't seen this thing. When is it coming to streaming?
trobrianders Posted - 04/26/2019 : 07:01:40
PC goon Kathleen Kennedy turned something mediocre into something genuinely evil but that's what culture is these days.

vilainde Posted - 04/25/2019 : 02:34:31
I saw Rogue One with my friends and hated it, and then 2 weeks later I saw it again with my kids and enjoyed it this time. So yeah, for good family fun I still like the Star Wars flicks. I liked Last Jedi quite a bit. They're still much better than the fucking Marvel superhero shit flicks. Guardians of the Galaxy is the only movie I walked out of in years.

Denis
Discoking Posted - 04/25/2019 : 01:57:50
i've never been into star wars either. never even checked it out.

it's educational
Bedbug Posted - 04/22/2019 : 09:27:02
Star Wars a great stand alone movie that turned out to be part one of an awesome trilogy. It all fit together so nice.

The prequels, while being not good, had guaranteed pay off of getting to see Darth Vader again and tell that whole story.

I still do not know what these new films are about and how they make up one new trilogy?
TarTar Posted - 04/19/2019 : 10:57:53
I will go see it because I grew up with the original films and they're in my DNA. Do I really care? That's a simple question with a complicated answer.

I think the newer movies are well made and a lot of fun, but I don't think they're really for the old school Star Wars fans, despite looking and feeling much more like Star Wars movies than the prequel trilogy ever managed. I think they're for a new generation. And I like that they're changing things up. The original films are very much painted in black and white. These new films have a bit more ambiguity. I think they're at their best when they are building a new mythology around the force and showing us sentiments from the characters which we didn't see in the original trilogy. I think they're at their worst when they emulate Marvel films and get extremely wacky. I'm curious to see what they accomplish with the last film in the main storyline though. It seems like it should be predictable where it would go from here, but I honestly can't think of what they can do next.

My life is dirt but you seem to make it cleaner... reduce my felony to a misdemeanor
johnnyribcage Posted - 04/13/2019 : 10:06:12
I’m not overly pumped, but I’ll go see it almost out of obligation. I’m of a mind that the last really good Star Wars movie came out in 1983. I grew up on them, like many. I’ve seen every one since then in the theater except Solo (although it turned out to be “okay” when I watched it at home). I just don’t really get jazzed about movies period these days. Especially the big ones. I can’t believe people are still going to all these super hero movies. They were getting long in the tooth back when the Dark Knight Rises came out. Every movie is just a big rollercoaster ride these days, with weak dialog and stories so they translate well to global markets.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/13/2019 : 06:40:11
I saw Force Awakens because it looked fun and I was pretty curious and everyone talked about it nonstop.

I saw Rogue One because a few people I know wanted to see it and I'm always down to go to a movie. I was bored throughout the whole thing.

Last Jedi was out of curiosity since I saw Force Awakens. My girlfriend hated it so much, she couldn't stop bringing it up for months and now says she won't see the next one because of it. I was indifferent to it.

Did not see Solo as my girlfriend refused and I didn't care enough, though we keep saying maybe we'll watch it on TV sometime. Probably won't happen for years.
Bedbug Posted - 04/12/2019 : 21:32:41
However, even if the trailer was the worst possible thing imaginable I would still go see the movie
Troubles A Foot Posted - 04/12/2019 : 20:10:06
Nope. Never been into Star Wars despite being a pretty big dork with many other things. I never even saw the original movies in the right order!

After the insane fan fighting about the new movies, I'm really glad I don't care.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000