-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Intros that are the best part of the song

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 03/07/2019 : 03:47:05
San Antonio Tx and Ole Mulholland are two that originally come to mind.

I wish the entirety of those two songs kept the sound of the opening moments.

I feel like there are 1 or 2 Pixies examples I can't think of right now too.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stevio10 Posted - 04/06/2019 : 08:46:12
In the Time of my Ruin has a great intro. I don't know if it's the best part of the song as it has a great outro too.
McDutchie Posted - 04/04/2019 : 20:32:29
Kicked in the Taco.
McDutchie Posted - 04/04/2019 : 20:20:52
Down To You, on FMRM. That song's first thirty seconds are in 6/4 and quite catchy, then it switches to plain old 4/4 and becomes a bit boring.
Bedbug Posted - 03/27/2019 : 07:36:25
I like the intro for San Nazare quite a bit.
Troubles A Foot Posted - 03/27/2019 : 07:33:51
Oh oh, I love the intro for Snakes.
sdon Posted - 03/27/2019 : 05:50:58
agree on Ole Mulholland and The Marsist

I initially thought I'd add Freedom Rock, but no, the song keeps getting better and better after the intro

Maybe Bel Esprit : the intro is promising, but then it goes too ballad-ey

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
"Fucking up my devotion!"
Troubles A Foot Posted - 03/26/2019 : 13:21:10
The Marsist, I love how that song begins.

Would you wanna rush back here? I DIDN'T THINK SO.
danjersey Posted - 03/25/2019 : 23:59:30
quote:
Originally posted by shedshrine

The very first thing I ever heard by Frank Black, before I even knew about the Pixies, was "Whatever Happened to Pong?"
I was at a cd listening station in Shinjuku Japan and saw this white album cover with a guy wearing a crown and hit the little red button. The song starts out with what struck me for some reason at the time as a Zeppelin wanna be thing, then thumbs it nose at you and goes off on the tangent that is Whatever Happened. I stood there laughing and listened to most of the album before grabbing a copy (the bonus disc version) off the shelves and making a minidisc copy for my train commutes around Tokyo.

this made me smile, should have been the video for it.
shedshrine Posted - 03/24/2019 : 11:33:53
The very first thing I ever heard by Frank Black, before I even knew about the Pixies, was "Whatever Happened to Pong?"
I was at a cd listening station in Shinjuku Japan and saw this white album cover with a guy wearing a crown and hit the little red button. The song starts out with what struck me for some reason at the time as a Zeppelin wanna be thing, then thumbs it nose at you and goes off on the tangent that is Whatever Happened. I stood there laughing and listened to most of the album before grabbing a copy (the bonus disc version) off the shelves and making a minidisc copy for my train commutes around Tokyo.
danjersey Posted - 03/07/2019 : 11:22:28
CZAR
the whole song is great though so... may not count
pixiestu Posted - 03/07/2019 : 05:47:24
The intro to Honeycomb is fantastic. I love the whole song but the intro is sublime.

Not too many others spring to mind. There are tons of great intros but I also really love the rest of the song in most cases to say they're the best part is a stretch.

Brick Is Red maybe? Depends what you define as the intro. I sort of feel like the whole first half of the song is the intro. It could have easily just been an instrumental in my eyes and still sound as good.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000