-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Death Horizon - New Song Discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yarbles Posted - 03/17/2019 : 19:13:39
Lyrics, thoughts, impressions, etc!

DEATH HORIZON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqOazyihak8

LYRICS

This drink is tranquilizing
Just look at us two
Asleep at the beach at Waikiki
So I find it very surprising that he's coming to you
But I am thankful that he helped me to see

You say he's not around
Oh would you please
I see you looking down at me

Have you seen the death horizon
Just there out of view
Way low in the sky beyond the sea

And I can feel that the temperature's rising
But what can you do?
Cuz that death horizon's gonna burn you right through

You say he's not around
Oh would you please
I see you looking down at me

Have you seen the death horizon
Just there out of view
Way low in the sky beyond the sea
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
billgoodman Posted - 07/19/2019 : 00:24:05
On podcast number 4 you can hear Frank compose this little ditty
Getting Havalina, All The Saints and DITS-vibes from this one.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Stevio10 Posted - 03/27/2019 : 12:27:10
I've only listened to Death Horizon a few times but it's been stuck in my head where it then meanders into Sunday Sunny Mill Groove Day.

Great wee tune, like Here Comes Your Man meets Monkey. I think it's about global warming and suicide.
picpic Posted - 03/19/2019 : 17:09:16
I guess we will hear all the songs gradually through the podcast.
1 episode = 1 song maybe.

The album will only be the final package I guess.

(IC anyone ?)

___
"Service Unavailable"
natenate101 Posted - 03/19/2019 : 12:01:36
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Short and punchy and 15 of them please :)

Thumbs up. Or 16. Or 17.

Crazy how far away we still are from a single being released.
yarbles Posted - 03/19/2019 : 09:03:46
Short and punchy and 15 of them please :)
stuczuba Posted - 03/19/2019 : 05:46:01
I care more about the track length than the number of songs - keep em short & punchy.
Sprite Posted - 03/19/2019 : 02:20:04
"I will eat them up but would want a Trompe-like 15 tracks vs the 2.0 standard thus far of 12."

This point exactly, for me I will know they are fully back going at full pelt when a 14+ song album drops (with 4 song 12" for all singles an optional extra)
natenate101 Posted - 03/18/2019 : 14:53:45
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

I like this one a lot, just wondering if there will be any lyrics added as all 3 new songs seems light lyrically. I don't mean they lack imagery or intrigue but the songs all sound so good that I am left wanting more. Suppose that's a good thing rather than wearing out your welcome. Overall these songs seem more catchy and have a more sinister vibe than most other 2.0 songs to me. Can't wait to hear the studio versions.

well, less is more a lot of times with rock music, and think of how short both the albums and the songs on them were for early Pixies. If you go read the lyrics Doolittle, there's barely anything there. Some of the best songs literally only have a handful of words.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.

I understand that and agree to a certain extent. But it's so long between Pixies/BF releases these days that I am wanting some depth and insight into the Man, his interests and muses through the music. Felt like some of the HC tracks while
Pleasant were underwritten and lacking complexity that warrants numerous listens. Now if BF makes songs like this at 2-3 minutes apiece I will eat them up but would want a Trompe-like 15 tracks vs the 2.0 standard thus far of 12. I just want more BF, it's a good problem to have. Haha.
johnnyribcage Posted - 03/18/2019 : 14:37:30
quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

I like this one a lot, just wondering if there will be any lyrics added as all 3 new songs seems light lyrically. I don't mean they lack imagery or intrigue but the songs all sound so good that I am left wanting more. Suppose that's a good thing rather than wearing out your welcome. Overall these songs seem more catchy and have a more sinister vibe than most other 2.0 songs to me. Can't wait to hear the studio versions.

well, less is more a lot of times with rock music, and think of how short both the albums and the songs on them were for early Pixies. If you go read the lyrics Doolittle, there's barely anything there. Some of the best songs literally only have a handful of words.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
natenate101 Posted - 03/18/2019 : 12:09:58
Ziggy Posted - 03/18/2019 : 03:59:06
Beautiful song!
Bedbug Posted - 03/18/2019 : 03:41:27
Best songwriter since Dylan.
Sprite Posted - 03/18/2019 : 03:22:47
My favourite of the new ones so far. I've watched this video maybe 20 times. Feels like Selkie Bride and Stars were just dry runs for this gem.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000