-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 New Pixies album thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
picpic Posted - 12/08/2017 : 01:43:03
So, let's compile the current rumors

- According to some interviews (often Paz), a new album is in the works
- Someone on this forum supposedly heard that the Rockfield studios in england have been booked in early 2018
- Charles said to some journalist last year that he'd like his next record to be produced by both Dalgery and Norton

As for the songs, nothing new on the BMI catalog, but there's still many unreleased "new" songs in the list. We already know some of them as official/unofficial demos/raw versions or short live snippets (Super Lecker), but not all of them.

ALICE PRIN	                14843364
BANKS OF THE DRAIN	        14843409
LAND OF GREEN	                14843908
LAST NIGHT THE WOLVES CAME OUT	14843911
O LITTLE CLOUD	                14844131
PICKEREL PICKER	                14844189
RATS ALIVE	                14844230
TRANQUILIZE ME	                14844508
DOWN IN TOULON	                20616476
I LIKE TO DRIVE	                20616992
SUPER LECKER	                20617959
AMERICAN RHYME	                22096890
BOGMAN	                        22096929
SCREW PINE	                22097414

___
"Service Unavailable"
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
picpic Posted - 12/15/2018 : 08:32:02
You can still read "so thankful to be recording my second album with @pixiesofficial" on a previous post.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Jeepster Posted - 12/15/2018 : 08:17:57
Paz seems to have changed that caption, now thereís no mention of a new album. Instead she linked to the photographer who took the picture (Iím not sure who it is but @pixiesofficial follows them). Sneaky!

-----------------------
Q: Where do Pixies keep their instruments when they're not playing?
A: Debasement.
Sprite Posted - 12/14/2018 : 23:00:31
These Instagram updates are like a best ever advent calendar. Knowing the Pixies are recording gets me all hot.
oddball Posted - 12/14/2018 : 15:09:49
From Joey's instagram page...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrWPIM2BtWP/

Exciting times!
-oddball
picpic Posted - 12/14/2018 : 10:40:11
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

quote:
Originally posted by picpic

Has anyone checked the BMI catalog lately ? I confess I'm a bit too lazy to do this right now.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Had a look, still at 437 song titles, no new additions yet.

Thanks for checking Stevio10 ;-)

___
"Service Unavailable"
picpic Posted - 12/14/2018 : 10:38:08
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

[quote]Originally posted by trevgreg
If it were up to me, I'd make a rule that every release after January 1st of so-and-so year had to be mastered at a rate that didn't involve brickwalling. .

Screw audiophiles. I'm not listening to my favourite band on 20k speakers and gold-plated cables. Even on my IPhone+earbuds, classic albums sounds 20x times better than brickwalled modern records.

Hey Dalgety, just mix it normally. I'm sure you're reading this forum.

___
"Service Unavailable"
hammerhands Posted - 12/14/2018 : 08:37:16
quote:
Originally posted by trevgreg
If it were up to me, I'd make a rule that every release after January 1st of so-and-so year had to be mastered at a rate that didn't involve brickwalling. .

They should have two mixes, one for audiophiles. We will pay.
Stevio10 Posted - 12/14/2018 : 08:03:35
quote:

Has anyone checked the BMI catalog lately ? I confess I'm a bit too lazy to do this right now.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Had a look, still at 437 song titles, no new additions yet.
picpic Posted - 12/14/2018 : 07:49:14

___
"Service Unavailable"
Bedbug Posted - 12/14/2018 : 06:30:43
You could always just find all their Instagram posts on the www.

But I get your bigger point. Always exciting to hear that new tunes are coming.
Sprite Posted - 12/14/2018 : 06:18:50
Well I actually meant the almost! If they post an audio clip of recording I may capitulate...
Bedbug Posted - 12/14/2018 : 06:07:54
Recording the new album in a church, keeping in touch with their neo-Pentecostal roots?

Whatever the case, great pic and great post by Paz.

And yes Sprite, nothing is really enough to make Instagram worth the time consumption.
Sprite Posted - 12/14/2018 : 01:15:03
(Almost) Enough to make me join Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/pazlenchantin/

"Thank you for all your bday wishes so thankful to be recording my second album with pixiesofficial. Canít think of anything Iíd rather be doing today "

Neither can I :0)
picpic Posted - 12/13/2018 : 23:56:04
Meanwhile, Paz is playing piano in the studio. You can see the recording setup. Cool.

Good idea to bring new instruments. Is paz the new EDF ?

___
"Service Unavailable"
trevgreg Posted - 12/09/2018 : 06:32:13
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

Hereís the deal with the bricked new releases - itís not going away. The Masses are so used to the sound, that clean, well mastered recordings with a lot of dynamic range sound weird to them. And with folks mostly listening to playlists and the like on Spotify, apple, etc, something thatís well mastered is going to cause a big drop in volume and those folks will get pissed. And they outnumber us. For my money, I have a volume knob on my stereo and I know how to use it. Most people either donít or really donít give a shit. Which is unfortunate.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.

If it were up to me, I'd make a rule that every release after January 1st of so-and-so year had to be mastered at a rate that didn't involve brickwalling. Then I'd have the companies work backwords to ensure their prior releases meet the similar standard so the volume differences aren't there anymore over time.

Yet again, I don't have millions of dollars and time to force that onto others, so yeah.
picpic Posted - 12/08/2018 : 09:53:14
He's in NYC ? Dang.

Dang.

___
"Service Unavailable"
johnnyribcage Posted - 12/08/2018 : 06:05:41
Hereís the deal with the bricked new releases - itís not going away. The Masses are so used to the sound, that clean, well mastered recordings with a lot of dynamic range sound weird to them. And with folks mostly listening to playlists and the like on Spotify, apple, etc, something thatís well mastered is going to cause a big drop in volume and those folks will get pissed. And they outnumber us. For my money, I have a volume knob on my stereo and I know how to use it. Most people either donít or really donít give a shit. Which is unfortunate.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Stevio10 Posted - 12/07/2018 : 18:16:46
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:

I guess he's polishing his racks of compressors right now. With an evil grin on his face.

___
"Service Unavailable"

I would laugh at that if it weren't so unfunny.

Polishing his compressors and celebrating his work with an evil grin. In New York no less. Sorry Picpic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrGaNKSgmC8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1dxo1tf6z8a80
pixie punk Posted - 12/07/2018 : 10:17:03
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrDvVvrh1O5/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Bedbug Posted - 12/05/2018 : 08:34:20
quote:

I guess he's polishing his racks of compressors right now. With an evil grin on his face.

___
"Service Unavailable"

I would laugh at that if it weren't so unfunny.
picpic Posted - 12/04/2018 : 21:22:33

___
"Service Unavailable"
yarbles Posted - 12/04/2018 : 14:52:27
I'm guessing Dalgety will be joining them there soon... if the band doesn't pack up and move the sessions to the UK again... this might just be a warm up/final demo session before the actual recording sessions with dalgety? Who really knows...
picpic Posted - 12/04/2018 : 11:28:57
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Dalgety follows (and likes) Dreamland studios on Instagram as does Paz...if that's of any interest

Thanks for ruining my day.

___
"Service Unavailable"
pixie punk Posted - 12/04/2018 : 10:41:41
Pixies Sells But Who's Buying? New Record...Me.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Sprite Posted - 12/04/2018 : 09:36:00
quote:

Looks like Dalgety is in London right now. Far from Dreamland studios.

___
"Service Unavailable"

So you're stalkng the guy you don't want to produce the new Pixies album
Stevio10 Posted - 12/04/2018 : 04:55:18
Dalgety follows (and likes) Dreamland studios on Instagram as does Paz...if that's of any interest
picpic Posted - 12/04/2018 : 00:58:47
Looks like Dalgety is in London right now. Far from Dreamland studios.

___
"Service Unavailable"
pixie punk Posted - 12/04/2018 : 00:09:21
Some great bands have recorded at Dreamland.DinosaurJr.'s 'Without a Sound'.,Bad Brains and THE AMPS.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
picpic Posted - 12/03/2018 : 22:34:02
Can't find any Dalgety link to Dreamland studios, but Norton seems to have recorded there a few years ago with a band called Bayside.

___
"Service Unavailable"
yarbles Posted - 12/03/2018 : 15:03:39
Here's a link to the studio... looks like an awesome place. I love how jazzed Paz is to be recording new Pixies music... must be like aa surreal dream come true at times. Like she said... "Dreams really do come true"

http://www.dreamlandrecording.com/

So do we think these are the actual album sessions? I don't know, if this is an official session, it'd be cool to have the first new pixies album recorded in the US since 1991... or better yet, the first recorded in the east coast since 1989....

I think it's likely we'll finally hear some new tracks in their live sets this coming spring. Super exciting!
Sprite Posted - 12/03/2018 : 12:28:46
Well I'm getting a creepy looking church in a creepy looking wood vibe. Hopefully means creepy sounds.
Jeepster Posted - 12/03/2018 : 11:58:46
Well it is Hanukkah right now! Iíve got a good feeling about this next album, I donít know why.

-----------------------
Sprite Posted - 12/03/2018 : 11:49:43
I saw that on Twitter and then of course had to came straight here. Just the best news, Christmas come early heh heh...
Jeepster Posted - 12/03/2018 : 10:30:20
Paz just posted that Pixies are currently recording https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq6ffEzh0Oy/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=n5zsl31h2r9x

-----------------------
The Maharal Posted - 07/24/2018 : 12:30:13
Yeah I definitely recall the "put on your radio CinnaBun" from times before

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000