-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Greens and Blues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
trobrianders Posted - 01/09/2014 : 02:26:42
The 2nd verse suggests it's about impossible mermaid-human love. But I think the reference in the first verse could be about an exploded astronomical body, its scattered remnants visible to someone lying back looking up at the night sky through the branches of trees.

Greens and Blues
I'm not together and you know it's true
My bits all wander in the trees
And if I ever seem a little strange
Would you excuse me, please?

I said I'm human but you know I lied
I'm only visiting this shore
I'll soon be leaving in the outbound tide
I pray again we will meet

I'm wasting your time
Just talking to you
Maybe best you go on home
I'll leave you alone
Fade from your mind
Slip into the greens and blues

I'm wasting your time
Just talking to you
Maybe best you go on home
I'll leave you alone
Fade from your mind
Slip into the greens and blues

yarbles Posted - 06/07/2018 : 13:54:36
I agree that most songs on IC could be sped up a bit, and perhaps shortened as well. Shorten some verses or choruses or something, get them down to 3 minutes each
Ziggy Posted - 06/06/2018 : 21:40:00
Loved the solo version of it he played in some live video before the album came out.

Always thought, as with many of the IC songs, that the recorded version is too slow (as with Blue Eyed Hexe and Magdelena). The live versions sounded fab.
yarbles Posted - 06/05/2018 : 07:28:16
I want the band to do all of Indie Cindy like they did in that spotify session. Hearing the songs stripped down in that arrangement really makes me appreciate them more.
Stevio10 Posted - 06/05/2018 : 02:31:17
The Spotify session version of Greens and Blues is great, love the harmonies with Paz. Nice violin too
The Maharal Posted - 05/25/2018 : 09:00:17
I wonder how many times they closed with this.
Bedbug Posted - 05/25/2018 : 08:10:15
I don't know how he does it, but this song is totally stuck in my head all day. And I haven't even listened to it in months.

Gotta put in on play this weekend.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all those celebrating!
fumanbru Posted - 01/10/2014 : 01:51:47
yes i love it as well! at first it was good. but it's a total grower! i'm absolutely loving it now! i wake up in the morning with it playing in my head.

Greens and Blues

BLACK FRANCIS: As with all my songs, I would prefer people add their own interpretation to it. But, in this case, let’s just say that we had done “Gigantic” as the closer for many years at our reunion shows and it worked really well. But I could see that we were going to grow weary of that and I felt like we needed a better “Gigantic,” basically. It was my attempt to come up with another song that would – musically, emotionally and psychologically – sit in the same place that “Gigantic” has sat. Not that I could ever replace that song: you write songs and they come out the way they come out. So perhaps it can be said that this song fills the emotional niche that “Gigantic” occupied. Another show-closer. I think the lyric alludes to that, the fact that it’s the end of the night, the end of something. And a separation if you will, between the band and the audience. So I guess it’s kind of a goodbye song. A goodbye song, but really more of a “good night” song.

JOEY SANTIAGO: That was with my Les Paul and it was one of those songs that I just got right away. It was almost like “a one-take Charlie” kind of thing. There’s a lyric in there, with the word “strange” and I just latched on to that one word and I hit the chord… but then I made it really, really strange. I hit the whammy and the wah pedal and made it really, really strange. I think guitar players will appreciate that. It’s just total ear candy.

DAVID LOVERING: This is another case of four-on-the-floor and bass drum and very easy to record.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"...long live snitz!!
Oui Posted - 01/09/2014 : 19:14:15
I believe 'Greens and Blues' to be in the same key as 'Gigantic' and also uses all the same chords, rearranged of course, different tempo... interesting no? Am I wrong. Anyways love Greens and Blues. Might be my favorite of the new batch.
pixie punk Posted - 01/09/2014 : 03:06:22
excuse me,please? I've Been Tired :-) Another Selkie song.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000