-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Do you ever still listen to an entire album?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 03/27/2018 : 22:10:04
All this Surfer Rosa appreciation lately has made me realize that I never really hear the talking parts much any more (or listen to Gigantic or WIMM) because I always just skip around listening to my favorite songs or whatever I'm feeling at the moment.

Does anyone still listen to an entire album all the way through from start to finish?

I can't remember the last time I did that. Years I'm guessing.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jason Bravo Posted - 06/03/2018 : 21:07:22
quote:
Originally posted by Srisaket

Albums the majority of the time. It must be an age thing, at one time music was expensive and technology made skipping tracks difficult. Also, due to the cost you were more invested in the music and would listen to an album hundreds of times, sometimes even convincing yourself that a crap album was in fact good (the error of your ways only learned with hindsight).

Good point, and guilty as charged. I've done that in the past with records that I wanted to just love from top to bottom, but most of the time it always failed. Dinosaur Jr, Sugar...etc, but in the end the Pixies always won. As far as an album or record from the beginning to the end.
Srisaket Posted - 06/02/2018 : 23:23:41
Albums the majority of the time. It must be an age thing, at one time music was expensive and technology made skipping tracks difficult. Also, due to the cost you were more invested in the music and would listen to an album hundreds of times, sometimes even convincing yourself that a crap album was in fact good (the error of your ways only learned with hindsight).

rivum Posted - 05/17/2018 : 05:22:12
I pretty much only listen to albums. The only thing otherwise is if I put on a playlist that someone made on spotify.
my whole music collection on my computer is all albums. i can't be arsed to make any playlists and i definitely can't be bothered just picking songs at random to listen to.
pot Posted - 05/14/2018 : 11:27:45
There's definately still values in hoslitic album listening to.

So far this year I've done many many laps of the following albums in their entirety:

Twin Shadow - Caer
Frigs -
Canshaker Pi -
Starcrawler -

And many more.

There's still value in albums. I think songs can often take on a deeper meaning, or just sound better in the context of an album.
Bedbug Posted - 05/14/2018 : 09:19:54
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

Just remembered how Bossa, Trompe and Teenager first bunch of songs works so well as openeners and how their order is perfection.

Cecilia Ann -> Rock Music
Trompe Le Monde -> Planet of Sound
Teenager is probably is the most traumatizing one Pong / Thalassocracy / Abstarct Plain / Calistan. Wow. Just wow.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Agreed, especially re TOTY
picpic Posted - 05/14/2018 : 04:41:06
Just remembered how Bossa, Trompe and Teenager first bunch of songs works so well as openeners and how their order is perfection.

Cecilia Ann -> Rock Music
Trompe Le Monde -> Planet of Sound
Teenager is probably is the most traumatizing one Pong / Thalassocracy / Abstarct Plain / Calistan. Wow. Just wow.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Bedbug Posted - 05/14/2018 : 03:25:40
I started listening to full albums (Pixies and FB) just to reexperience it again.

It’s fun in a lot of ways.

Fun also to remember where I needed to flip the tape.
darwin Posted - 04/20/2018 : 07:33:35
Most days I listen to at least one full album.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/04/2018 : 05:18:06
I definitely listen to albums lots of the time but more for music I already have/know of. Certain musicians I know will put out quality across the album but people I'm new to it's less likely.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
vilainde Posted - 04/04/2018 : 04:14:30
Yeah I'm an album guy too. Certainly due to the fact that I haven't gone digital.

Denis
pixie punk Posted - 03/28/2018 : 12:51:45
Yes,since childhood.Even the double live albums from the 70's.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
billgoodman Posted - 03/28/2018 : 11:04:07
All The time

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Discoking Posted - 03/28/2018 : 03:09:59
i usually listen to entire albums.

it's educational
picpic Posted - 03/27/2018 : 22:42:19
Trompe and Bossanova are quite an experience when listened from start to end. Especially Trompe.

___
"Service Unavailable"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000