-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Daily Frankisms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 03/22/2018 : 05:07:05
Do you drop something FB related into your every day conversations?

Any time someone says "Do what you want," I'm sure you all know what word I respond with. Or if I'm set up to respond with "Do what you want" I'll add it at the end.

And the person usually looks at me funny and says "Huh?"

I know I have a bunch more but that's the first one that comes to mind.

Curious if anyone else has the same phenomenon.
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pot Posted - 04/22/2018 : 03:33:21
I used to spontaneously snap "you fuckin die!" at people, but I had to stop that because some people weren't buying my explanation that I was just goofing around.
Bedbug Posted - 04/22/2018 : 01:12:55
"There was a guy" was a pretty popular one to use back in High School circa 1990.
pot Posted - 04/15/2018 : 03:24:32
Just listening to Guy Garvey on radio 6, and during one of his rambles he suddenly went "ooooh" (I think he was talking about choirs or something because he used to be a choir singer, well I suppose he still is if you can count Elbow as a form of alternative post-choir music.

Anyway, he went "oooh" and it sounded just like Kim at the start of Where is my mind? and this inspired me to say "Stop!" abruptly just like Frank. I'm not sure this is necessarily a Frankism though owning to it's spuriousness, however there may have been times I've done this past and I'm not aware.

I also, and this is more of a Toyahism; if something (for example) is a mystery of some sort I sometimes march my arms in the air and clench my fists and sing "it's a mystery" like a new romatic from the 80's
Bedbug Posted - 04/14/2018 : 15:08:06
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

I used to have some fun, me and everyone. Now I'm just employed. Is what I would say to if I saw a shrink.

Was just listening to that yesterday and feeling the sadness of those words.
Stevio10 Posted - 04/14/2018 : 05:08:41
I used to have some fun, me and everyone. Now I'm just employed. Is what I would say to if I saw a shrink.
Bedbug Posted - 04/13/2018 : 11:06:49
Sometimes when I say "How hard can it be?" I'll repeat it like 5 more times and then say "to be a western star." It's been a while since I did that.
The Maharal Posted - 04/13/2018 : 09:56:44
Who needs that now?
Bedbug Posted - 04/13/2018 : 06:32:53
Sometimes when I read some horrible headline I'll think to myself about how we live in a bad, wicked world.
Nate in the PDX Posted - 04/12/2018 : 06:13:58
Any time I hear a variant of "I hear a lot of talk..." my mind continues "so I headed for the stereo store"
Bedbug Posted - 04/10/2018 : 00:12:40
I will often respond with some form of "I'm only stuck...." when someone says, "Don't get me wrong."
sdon Posted - 04/09/2018 : 20:53:32
One fine day in my old past...

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
The Maharal Posted - 04/09/2018 : 08:18:54
I don't conform I wear a different uniform - that's one I use all the time too. And I used to shout "city bus rules!" if I was getting off a bus and in the company of some of my Frank friends.
two reelers Posted - 04/09/2018 : 06:13:23
I don't belong, I wear a different uniform.

That is so timeless and can be applied at so many occasions, so I use it a lot.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
billgoodman Posted - 04/06/2018 : 09:07:52
I used to say punenta cabrona a lot

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Bedbug Posted - 04/05/2018 : 07:18:28
There have been at least one or two times during the evening hours I've asked someone how many stars could they count and classify.

I've told people at church "Jesus was right." That's always amusing.
Sprite Posted - 04/04/2018 : 01:27:39
Great topic

Not Frank related but when my wife says 'How will I know?' I *always* reply 'Just trust your feelings'.

It's been that way for 20+ years. I don't have a similar Frank one. But maybe it's time to pull out the list of questions in his lyrics.
Bedbug Posted - 04/04/2018 : 00:22:29
I remember I would try to use "Parry the wind high, low" in conversation, usually as a substitute for "it's neither here nor there" or "six of one / half dozen of the other" or some phrases like that, not that there was any relation.
picpic Posted - 03/28/2018 : 00:26:44
Ha, I just remembered that I named my professional laptop "Alec Eiffel". Good thing that I'm the IT guy and I can pick the computers names .

___
"Service Unavailable"
pot Posted - 03/27/2018 : 23:52:19
I named my Dutch bike Velouria, which kind of makes sense because it's purple and Velo is french for bike.
picpic Posted - 03/27/2018 : 22:58:45
One day while browsing through Youtube comments on Youtube videos, I read a post from a guy saying he wanted to name his daughter Velouria.

I guess he didn't knew the song was about a furry girl.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Bedbug Posted - 03/27/2018 : 22:11:47
Sometimes when I hear someone say "he tried hard" I'll say "but he could not make it."
vilainde Posted - 03/27/2018 : 10:55:53
When I speak spanish and I say "Ya no" ("not anymore"), I always have to say it twice :)

Denis
natenate101 Posted - 03/27/2018 : 10:51:37
My wife will call me sometimes and ask where I'm at. My response is often," By the oooold seaside...". She doesn't find it amusing.
The Maharal Posted - 03/27/2018 : 08:30:00
I use "That's just how some things do not materialise" a lot.
Bedbug Posted - 03/27/2018 : 01:47:30
quote:
Originally posted by pot

I remembered another one. Whenever we get stormy weather I sing... yep

I mean, who doesn't? Millenials and old people.

Me too! Thanks for reminding me.
pot Posted - 03/27/2018 : 00:59:31
I remembered another one. Whenever we get stormy weather I sing... yep

I mean, who doesn't? Millenials and old people.
Bedbug Posted - 03/27/2018 : 00:33:19
Good ones pot and picpic.

I think I may have asked a young child if they want to grow up to be a debaser.
picpic Posted - 03/23/2018 : 14:22:03
"nobody owns
The pleasure of tones
That belongs to a guy with no ear"

Not in my everyday conversation, but kind of defines me, the way I listen to music. It's in my head every day.

___
"Service Unavailable"
pot Posted - 03/23/2018 : 09:40:27
When I broke my foot in 2008 I kept singing "I got a broken foot!" in my head, even though it's actually "face". The type of injury I sustained, a fractured 5th metatarsal is also know as a Jones Fracture and so I also had "crack, crack, crackity Jones" going on in my head daily around that time.

One night three of my toes turned blue and I was worried (unnecessarilly) about gangrene so I called the hospital late in the night and asked them about it and they said to come down if I was worried, so I cycled to the hospital to get it checked out and the whole way I had the lines "I was born with seven fingers and seven toes" going roung in my head because I was worried about losing three toes.

True story.

Here is me with Frank in 2008 with one brown foor and one blue foot, because I had to wear a special shoe for a few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfhtJ5aI5Uw
Bedbug Posted - 03/23/2018 : 08:30:05
Good one

Back in high school in the early 90s we would quote Black and Kim all the time from Surfer. There were rumors....

I cant even remember if my school had field hockey players, but Im sure people wondered why we were obsessed with them
Discoking Posted - 03/23/2018 : 06:47:52
"hey"
- "BEEN TRYING TO MEET YOU!!!"

it's educational

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000