-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 New T-Shirts Inspired by FBF / Pixies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peter radiator Posted - 03/06/2018 : 21:50:34
Howdy, folks.

So, I have started a small, ultra-indie T-Shirt company.

I used to professionally print shirts and other items AGES ago, but have been away from screenprinting since the mid-1990s, and am just now getting back into it.

The company's official website will launch in a few months, but for now, I am just doing some simple, graphic-oriented designs that I personally dig, and letting friends and associates know they are available.

It's my hope that private sales of a few of these limited-edition runs of quirky music and pop-culture shirts will help me to recoup the relatively high cost of my new printing press.

I'm not interested in infringing anyone's copyrights, so any shirts I print that are not officially licensed will be geared toward fans and enthusiasts who may appreciate the inside references contained therein.

This is the first one I have made that is inspired by FBF/Pixies.

I hope you all get a kick out of it.

If I can sell enough to cover my manufacturing expenses, I will donate a portion of any profits generated directly to FrankBlack.net to help cover their future hosting costs.

https://i.imgur.com/Kg8XBRq.jpg

It's hand screenprinted using traditional plastisol ink (the kind that lasts for the life of the shirt, as opposed to those new-fangled color xerox iron-ons that a lot of unscrupulous folks and websites like CafePress.com are passing off as professional printing, and which fade over time).

This design is available in adult sizes SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, XL, 2XL and 3XL on your choice of two different color tees, a deep Gray (shown above) or a somewhat subdued Red (shown below).

https://i.imgur.com/kgEMPIM.jpg

The shirts used are top-quality, 100% pre-shrunk super-soft combed cotton. They are SLIGHTLY fitted, meaning they are cut slimmer than a standard unisex T-Shirt, but not quite as skinny as an American Apparel or Next Level brand tee, if you are familiar with those.

The sleeves are a bit shorter and the collar and hems are thinner than usual as well. It's sometimes referred to as a "fashion" or "European" cut.

I find these Gildan brand "Soft-Style" shirts to be a great option that fits most folks in a more flattering way than either a standard, boxy shirt OR a super-tight hipster tee. Elvis Costello has been using these for his tour shirts for awhile now...

(Please note that the lighting on the full-length shot below makes the color of the red shirt look weird. The closeup above is a more accurate representation of the actual color of that tee.)

https://i.imgur.com/l89OZfR.jpg

Only 100 of these are being printed, and after that this design will be retired.

The price is $20 each. Shipping and Handling anywhere in the USA includes Tracking for peace of mind, and is $5 for the first shirt, and $3 for each additional one in the same order.

S&H to Hawaii and Alaska will be a bit more, as will S&H to any other country. If you need your order shipped anywhere other than the Continental USA, I can provide you with a custom quote.

If anyone here on the boards (or anyone else you know) would like to order one or more, just send me an email at: jim@wickedmessenger.com and let me know how many you'd like, in which color(s) and in what sizes. I'll send you an invoice which can be paid securely online with most any major credit card or bank account via PayPal.

That's it. :)

I have some other unique FBF / Pixies shirts in the pipeline, and will let you all know if and when they go into production.

Yay! T-Shirts!

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
peter radiator Posted - 10/03/2018 : 08:51:11
Thanks so much, fellers.

I hope you wear them in good health!

--

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 09/26/2018 : 13:19:13
Should mention that I, too, am loving my Repent shirt! Very nice material.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
peter radiator Posted - 08/14/2018 : 07:50:03
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

email sent. :)

Got it. Thanks very much.

Reply sent!

--

Discoking Posted - 08/12/2018 : 22:42:19
email sent. :)

it's educational
peter radiator Posted - 08/11/2018 : 19:17:13
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

hey, is this still on?

it's educational

Yep.

I believe only one shirt was ever ordered.

--

Discoking Posted - 08/11/2018 : 04:05:38
hey, is this still on?

it's educational
peter radiator Posted - 03/09/2018 : 13:55:59
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Very nice, Jim! Do you have it in a ringer style? :)

Hehe... never gets old.

Amazing design peter, congrats. I'm definitely interested.

Denis

Much appreciated, Denis.

Feel free to drop me a private line with your color and size preference and I'll get right back to ya.

--

peter radiator Posted - 03/09/2018 : 13:55:09
quote:

I just saw the last part about donating proceeds, that's very kind/much appreciated. Let me know if I can do anything to help you help me. :)

Thanks. Glad you dig it.

Unfortunately, this design is not available in a ringer-style shirt, but I believe the next FBF / Pixies-related tee I do WILL be designed specifically for a ringer-style shirt.

Anything you'd like to do to help let FBF fans know about the existence of this design, and the fact that there are only 100 being made, would be greatly appreciated.

I will probably make a post on the Facebook page many people have been looking at lately, but really, anywhere you want to post this info is fine with me.

We've already sold one so far. :)

--

vilainde Posted - 03/09/2018 : 01:29:31
quote:

Hehe... never gets old.

Amazing design peter, congrats. I'm definitely interested.

Denis
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 03/08/2018 : 04:09:22

I just saw the last part about donating proceeds, that's very kind/much appreciated. Let me know if I can do anything to help you help me. :)

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
peter radiator Posted - 03/07/2018 : 08:29:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

Wow that grey one is unreal. How much would shipping to Ireland cost? Or the UK (Belfast - feel a bit dirty typing that..)?

Thanks. Glad you dig it.

Based on the online International Shiping Calculators I am looking at, it seems like $16 USD would get one shirt to Ireland.

Sorry it is so expensive, it seems International rates from the USA have really gone up over the past few years, which I assume is related to rising fuel costs and security measures...

--

The Maharal Posted - 03/07/2018 : 07:57:22
Wow that grey one is unreal. How much would shipping to Ireland cost? Or the UK (Belfast - feel a bit dirty typing that..)?
peter radiator Posted - 03/06/2018 : 21:56:26
Me neither!

--

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000