-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Garbage Heap

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Maharal Posted - 01/13/2018 : 02:59:40
I think there's a case for this being Black's best post-Pixies song. Short and sweet, catchy, fantastic squall from the guitars, lovely lyrics and the amazing job Black does of the backing vocals (awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww).

DISCUSS!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sdon Posted - 01/17/2018 : 21:30:27
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Garbage Heap has really grown on me.

I like the vibe, Frank sounds kind of lazy in a good way, and the backstory is very cool.

But I wouldn't put this on my top FBF lists, other than the top 100.

Best song on SVN FNGRS is probably Charles Normal remix of Seus, does that count?

Agree here with all that you said

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
Bedbug Posted - 01/17/2018 : 06:07:40
Garbage Heap has really grown on me.

I like the vibe, Frank sounds kind of lazy in a good way, and the backstory is very cool.

But I wouldn't put this on my top FBF lists, other than the top 100.

Best song on SVN FNGRS is probably Charles Normal remix of Seus, does that count?
Jason Bravo Posted - 01/13/2018 : 21:41:54
Also I somehow forgot Black Suit, (Grand Duchy), if that counts. That song gets me pumped up!
Jason Bravo Posted - 01/13/2018 : 16:19:47
Bad Ass song, period. The best post-pixies, I think it's definitely up there for debate. Thalassocracy or Ramona may be the top dogs.
pixiestu Posted - 01/13/2018 : 13:02:56
I always found it the weakest track on Svn Fngrs. I find it VERY surprising to hear it being called possibly his best post-Pixies track. That's not a dis in any way, I just never would have thought that myself. That's one reason I love this forum though, there's always an abundance of differing opinions. It's a testament to how prolific and diverse FB's work has been over the years.

When They Come To Murder Me is my personal favourite on this album.

"The arc of triumph"
The Maharal Posted - 01/13/2018 : 10:38:18
Heh great replica.

Usually I go for When They Come to Murder Me as the best SF track but today Garbage Heap took my fancy big time. Also, weak chorus? BOO. Simple and effective, like Neil Young. Regardless, GREAT mini-album.
pot Posted - 01/13/2018 : 08:02:28
I'd like to second this motion. Whilst it may not in fact be his best post-Pixies song I think it's certainly worth debating whether or not it is. I'd say it's one of his most Pixies sounding post-Pixies songs anyway.

SVN FNGRS is a lovely little mini-album and I love it. It reminds me of fond memories of getting high and going to cool places and gigs in Holland.

I like it so much that I even made my own cover for it.

sdon Posted - 01/13/2018 : 05:41:45
Can't agree
It's not even the best from Seven Fingers

Great intro and verse, but chorus is weak

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000