-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Enough Already!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simibaby Posted - 11/06/2017 : 14:23:51
No one luvs the P's more than I.....seen em soooooooo many times since 2004. But this incessant, never-ending touring is now ridiculous. How much freakin money does Frank really need?! ha ha

It's making them lose their "specialness"/uniqueness, at least for me.
And now I see they're doing a summer tour with 3 dates right near me. Checked it out anyway... 1 ticket= over $300! I hate Weezer anyhow.

Oh, well.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yarbles Posted - 11/17/2017 : 13:58:11
There's a difference between not talking to the crowd/engaging in pointless showman-y banter and not enjoying yourselves. I've seen the band smiling and laughing at each other during the gigs more during these Head Carrier shows than in years past.

And I've seen recent interviews where the band smile and laugh and enjoy being in each others presence. So, yes, I think they are enjoying themselves, in their own adult, reserved, non Bon Jovi rosckstar banter way.

Also no drama intended.
rivum Posted - 11/17/2017 : 07:22:14
at the end of the day, it really is supply and demand. if they can play the amount of shows they do and put butts in the seats, then there is clearly a demand for the shows so i'd argue they're playing just the right amount of shows (possibly even too few!)
picpic Posted - 11/16/2017 : 22:45:29
No drama intended. Black just seems to be more comfortable and "having fun" (whatever that means for you) as a solo performer. And I'm glad since IC they are making new music rather than being a "greatest hits" band.

___
"Service Unavailable"
natenate101 Posted - 11/16/2017 : 21:53:05
It's called efficiency. With age comes wisdom, and BF seems much more guarded now in interviews and such anyway. Maybe he doesn't feel as chatty 20+ years later? But with all we've seen in the past few years with sold out shows, the recording of the new album with Paz and Dalgety, and the relative tranquility the band seems to operate under right now, I think it's pretty clear they are enjoying themselves and happy to still be doing it. It's funny that after all the drama and years of waiting for new Pixies shows and music, people are finding negativity where there doesn't seem to be any. Sometimes things are just fine. These folks are 50 years old. Let em live.
Bedbug Posted - 11/15/2017 : 07:13:43
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

They seem to be enjoying themselves

Really ?

I like the Pixies, but their live shows always looked like a boring day job for them for a long time now (even in the late 1.0 years).

At least Black was being honest about it in a recent interview: he tours with the Pixies because he can't tell his family "hey, I'm going on a solo tour for 3 months and won't earn any money".

___
"Service Unavailable"

It is striking to watch old Pixies concerts where BF is chatty and talking to the crowd about UFOs and stuff. He pretty much doesn't say a word now. Does that mean he's not enjoying himself / bored or something? I don't know. He didn't say a word either when I saw them in 92 (late 1.0 era like you say picpic).
stuczuba Posted - 11/14/2017 : 23:38:35
I love that they're a hard working touring machine, I think the frequency is about right for the UK/Euro tours. I do occasionally skip a leg and have a break though.
picpic Posted - 11/14/2017 : 21:04:32
quote:

They seem to be enjoying themselves

Really ?

I like the Pixies, but their live shows always looked like a boring day job for them for a long time now (even in the late 1.0 years).

At least Black was being honest about it in a recent interview: he tours with the Pixies because he can't tell his family "hey, I'm going on a solo tour for 3 months and won't earn any money".

___
"Service Unavailable"
Bedbug Posted - 11/14/2017 : 09:50:29
quote:

They seem to be enjoying themselves and they're making money at the same time, I absolutely cannot fault them for touring as much as they can/want to while they can. Who knows, maybe there's only a few more years in the band's future, and they're storing up for the rest of their lives? Who knows? But really, complaining that a favorite band is playing too many shows? That seems a bit much.... just don't go if you don't want to.

You also don't have to drop $300 on these VIP style tickets for these shows.... I got $25 lawn seats and I'm completely fine with that.

As for me, I think they're sounding better live now than ever. So keep it going. I've seen them 7 times so far this year, I'm seeing them at least 2 more times this year, and I have tickets to see them 2 more times with Weezer next year.... I'm ecstatic that I'm able to see this band so many times, especially since there was a decade or so when I thought I'd never get the chance to see them.

Well said.

I hope Frank and all of them are set for life after this run.

Greedily, I want him performing solo shows til his teeth fall out.
yarbles Posted - 11/14/2017 : 08:28:54
They seem to be enjoying themselves and they're making money at the same time, I absolutely cannot fault them for touring as much as they can/want to while they can. Who knows, maybe there's only a few more years in the band's future, and they're storing up for the rest of their lives? Who knows? But really, complaining that a favorite band is playing too many shows? That seems a bit much.... just don't go if you don't want to.

You also don't have to drop $300 on these VIP style tickets for these shows.... I got $25 lawn seats and I'm completely fine with that.

As for me, I think they're sounding better live now than ever. So keep it going. I've seen them 7 times so far this year, I'm seeing them at least 2 more times this year, and I have tickets to see them 2 more times with Weezer next year.... I'm ecstatic that I'm able to see this band so many times, especially since there was a decade or so when I thought I'd never get the chance to see them.
hammerhands Posted - 11/08/2017 : 13:08:42
KBO
natenate101 Posted - 11/08/2017 : 10:56:17
Geez, the band can't win can they? I'm just happy for them. More shows mean that many people still want to see them. Means more positivity for the band mode and more music in the future. More BF compositions, what's the matter with that?
Bedbug Posted - 11/07/2017 : 03:28:31
Maybe he knew by giving everybody what they wanted he’d finally get what he wanted, the death of the Pixies.

There’s certainly a mental tension here with wanting to see him perform anything, anytime, yet being overfed the same diet.

Ideally it would be great to see him squeeze in some solo shows between Pixies shows.

Whatever, he’s rad.
pot Posted - 11/07/2017 : 01:13:36
TBH I think I've seen them enough times to tick them off my buckest list. Nothing will bring back the old days when they were in their element though, so I have to content myself with a short three song set. I'd like to see him tour again with the Bluefinger lineup and maybe release another album. How about that, all these years wanting them to get back together properly and release more albums and now I want solo FB back.
Discoking Posted - 11/06/2017 : 22:03:23
just skip a couple of shows, simi.
then you'll be eager again the next time they're around.

it's educational
picpic Posted - 11/06/2017 : 21:51:09
They were touring even more at their peak in the late 80's-early 90s.

300$ a ticket really ? Crazy. Is Weezer still big in the US ? Is this "co-headline concert" thing a sign that both bands struggle to fill venues in the US ?

___
"Service Unavailable"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000