-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Big New Prinz

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 11/08/2017 : 09:15:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe6mMvQC4mk

Always thought this was an interesting bit of 2.0 history.

They opened with this when I saw them in NYC in '13.

A way above average band doing an average song by a below average band.

But the anticipation building in this video is cool as anything.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 06/25/2018 : 12:13:29
Hey Frank!!

Bring back the Big New Prinz cover!!

Thanks!!
stuczuba Posted - 12/04/2017 : 12:11:09
https://mega.nz/#!sj5iiIwJ!qPmVZCrq_FyIfH6G2kIEHbBLo1hwVlV52WuuZhZcITA

^ Big New Prinz, Roundhouse 25th Sept 2013
stuczuba Posted - 11/14/2017 : 03:05:49
On their day the Fall could be far worse than average. On the other hand, so many great tunes - Hex Induction, Unutterable etc.
Bedbug Posted - 11/13/2017 : 08:24:04
yeah I guess I shouldn't be too hard on the Fall. Average band? They can't all be above average.
The Maharal Posted - 11/12/2017 : 12:11:19
Wait wait wait

The Fall is a below average band? Come on now. Peak Fall were bloody amazing. As for Big New Prinz I enjoyed it when I saw it performed live in Dublin but watching some other live versions it falls pretty flat compared to the Fall original.
picpic Posted - 11/09/2017 : 23:30:29
Speaking of rare songs, does anyone has a full version of Super Lecker ?

It was played at SunFest, West Palm beach on May 3, 2015.

Snippet here: @6:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTSeXFE6HHM&feature=youtu.be

It was apparently played also on May 13th (Pixies at The NorVa, Norfolk, VA, USA) according to Setlist.fm.

___
"Service Unavailable"
stuczuba Posted - 11/09/2017 : 23:02:58
That Manchester thing sounds great, I can picture him bellowing 6 66 at the crowd. I'd def go see him on the angry poet/prophet shows :)
Stevio10 Posted - 11/09/2017 : 22:10:39
An interview with the Quietus from around this time. That impromptu performance looks pretty awesome.

http://thequietus.com/articles/13939-black-francis-albert-hall-manchester

Another older interview that references Mark E Smith from the Fall

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/nicholasmilligan.com/2014/01/20/frank-black-interview/amp/

stuczuba Posted - 11/09/2017 : 21:18:39
Found a live tracker with a 5.62GB MKV file. Looks/sounds fine.

Can we post magnet links here? Can pm if not!
benji Posted - 11/09/2017 : 16:06:01
I've got a 5.5GB .ts file of the pro-shot iTunes Festival set which obviously includes this song.
I could rip the audio of this particular song, or likewise rip the video of just this tune.
Or upload the entire thing to my mega account.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
stuczuba Posted - 11/09/2017 : 11:36:07
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

I had a professionally recorded version of this, maybe BBC source but can't find it now :(
This is the only tune that is Kim2 era only, isn't it? Only saw them once around then but was a great show, this was down the tail of the set.

Cool stuczuba hope you can find it.

I think you're right that this is the song unique to the Kim2 era, unless there was something from IC that they only played with Kim2 and not with Paz.

But even this oddity would be welcome on a 2.0 B side compilation. Maybe your bbc version will turn up.

Fairly sure it was the live stream from the I-tunes festival at the Roundhouse in 2013 - it was before too many IC tracks had been added to the setlist. Was video, not audio. Can't find the mp4 but I may have burnt it to disc - will investigate!
Bedbug Posted - 11/09/2017 : 07:20:05
quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

I had a professionally recorded version of this, maybe BBC source but can't find it now :(
This is the only tune that is Kim2 era only, isn't it? Only saw them once around then but was a great show, this was down the tail of the set.

Cool stuczuba hope you can find it.

I think you're right that this is the song unique to the Kim2 era, unless there was something from IC that they only played with Kim2 and not with Paz.

But even this oddity would be welcome on a 2.0 B side compilation. Maybe your bbc version will turn up.
stuczuba Posted - 11/09/2017 : 03:18:42
picpic Posted - 11/09/2017 : 01:16:20
The second interesting bit of 2.0 was the band playing Super Lecker like 2 times before droppping the song forever.

___
"Service Unavailable"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000