-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Me: "Great Show, Frank" Frank: "Hrrumpf"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simibaby Posted - 09/25/2017 : 13:21:01
...or something that SOUNDED like hrrumpf". Anyway, long time no here. Hi, all. So just saw P's 3 times in 6 days, Conn, LI and Port Chester. As I'm leaving the Capitol, FB hurriedly walks right past me, (to the bus?)thus my greeting/his response. Saw his cool black mascara/eyeliner, which I didnt notice whilst they were on stage.

Anyway, I'm a Pixies/FB/Catholics etc etc addict, especially for any shows. Lost count but think this was about my.....yikes!....40th or so Pixies show. Also have caught Charles....yikes! part 2....at least 30 times either him solo or with the C's. My coolest memory of actually talking with him was in 2003 before a solo gig at a tiny club here in NYC called "Fez". He was standing outside by the back door with another guy, I think he said it was his "brother" (?) He asked me if a had a light for his cigaret which I happily did. We didn't really talk. I wanted to leave him be with his bro.
Last thing: I am constantly amazed at how vibrant, energetic etc he/they are at every freakin' show, even tho they play SO MANY dates!
And, last night, when they did NINE songs from "Head Carrier" I was soo
happy. And, seeing them so often in a very short amount of time, their setlist changes appreciably from nite to nite which so delights me.
And, mostly, the POWER of his vocals, never wavers no matter how often they play.
And finally (as you all know from their shows) it's just song after song after glorious song! No bullshit banter like alot of performers.
Hardly a chance to applaud any individual song, since they go right into the next one. I love it!
I know I'm not telling youse anything new or that u didn't know, so thanks for letting me rave on here because I'm still riding a high.
Be well, everyone.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yarbles Posted - 09/28/2017 : 14:36:05
Hey guys, I haven't really posted in months, but I'm glad I stopped in today. nice post simibaby, I've seen Pixies only half as many times as you (I flew cross-country from LA to see them in New Jersey with a friend last weekend, that was #21 for me).... Anywho, they really are one of the hardest working and most impressive live bands out there today. Their shows are literally all killer/no filler. I so appreciate that. The shows NEVER get old, and I'm consistently blown away by the power and energy emitting from the stage every night.... honestly the band keeps getting better and better.

Anywho, hope everyone here is well!
simibaby Posted - 09/28/2017 : 10:47:16
Cool, Dan. That was a small place, huh? And, Carl, thanx for reminding me of that "BS" scene. ha! Wasn't even thinking of that. Peace and love to all.
danjersey Posted - 09/25/2017 : 17:57:24
I was at that Fez show sitting along with everyone else in a basement with food being served. It was a strange experience. Reid Payley opened and was loud. Then Frank joined him and they played two different songs at the same time. Then Frank solo. So many gems, Massiff Central, The Swimmer, and I think some of the Catholics were sitting at a booth to the right of the stage singing along to All My Ghosts. Good times. Thanks for reminding me.
Carl Posted - 09/25/2017 : 14:16:01
Hi, simibaby!

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000