-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Why Your Handle?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bedbug Posted - 09/09/2017 : 02:30:36
I'm sure this has been done over the years, but interacting with The Maharal today (and having that song stuck in my head every time) made me curious:

1) Why did you choose the handle you use?

2) Is your password for the forum FBF related?

I'll go first

1) I chose my handle because one of my fields is entomology and I really like bed bugs. I have my own collection (at work in vials, not in my bed) and yes I feed them just like how you'd imagine. Bed bugs are cool.

2) No my password is not FBF related, but it is David Lynch related.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stevio10 Posted - 09/13/2017 : 02:49:26
Used to get called Stevio in school (not very exciting) but the number 10 is because of my love of number 10's in football / soccer.

Maradona was my favourite back in the day, but my favourite number 10 of recent times (even though he sometimes wore number 8) is Riquelme.

Going back to the nickname, this one guy thought it was mysterio, that would be a much better user name but at 35 and however many posts I guess it really doesn't matter.
Bedbug Posted - 09/12/2017 : 07:14:49
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

1) I think pretty self-explanatory, with apologies to Ray Bradbury.
2) No way. 32-character random generated.
3) You didn't ask, but no, I have no FB-related tattoos. I did however, once make an orange shirt with the awesome FB guitar logo from the orange album and get at least a few signatures (FB and EDF most notably ) on it.

Hammerhands, I like your story. I never really thought about the origin of some of the names on here, so nice work on the topic (ah, that's where picpic is from). I had little doubt of the origins of pot.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Thanks Deaner for this story. This is indeed proving to be an interesting topic.

And very cool re: the shirt. It is my opinion that that Orange album cover is the single greatest piece of FBF related art. Seeing it in 1993 sent chills down my spine and still does every time I see it.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 09/12/2017 : 05:49:40
1) I think pretty self-explanatory, with apologies to Ray Bradbury.
2) No way. 32-character random generated.
3) You didn't ask, but no, I have no FB-related tattoos. I did however, once make an orange shirt with the awesome FB guitar logo from the orange album and get at least a few signatures (FB and EDF most notably ) on it.

Hammerhands, I like your story. I never really thought about the origin of some of the names on here, so nice work on the topic (ah, that's where picpic is from). I had little doubt of the origins of pot.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
rivum Posted - 09/12/2017 : 04:10:39
if you were to attempt to pronounce by initials RVM as a word, you would likely say rivum.
picpic Posted - 09/11/2017 : 10:22:58
Belgian cartoon.

(nice topic btw)

___
"Service Unavailable"
pot Posted - 09/09/2017 : 14:33:51
I joined the forum in 2007? after I discovered the podcasts.

My name is inspired by my older stepbrother of two, who is an asshole, but when I was really young he chose the nickname pot for me. I asked him why and he said, I don't know. I think he was drunk. It's just pot.

Maybe because my first name is Stuart so Stupot. Maybe because I like smoking pot.

I like the word pot also from the early Cliff Burton scenes where he's smoking pot and refering to the word pot as pot.

On a deeper level. Autopoiesis and the boiling pot model of life?
McDutchie Posted - 09/09/2017 : 10:12:36
1. Because I'm lacking in creativity.

2. No.
hammerhands Posted - 09/09/2017 : 07:45:57
Dad said, "Hey hammer-hands, easy on the keyboard!"

I like how dirty it sounds, the initials HH, that it's a lowly position in New Zealand.
I'm always finding new things to like about it.

I don't particularly like that there's a Thundercats character, but I was first.
I don't like that a guy who plays some kind of dulcimer now has the website that someone stole from me.
That there is a band, maybe more than one, could cause problems. I haven't heard them.
I don't like it when other people use the handle, I end up with The Hammerhands or The Real Hammerhands

The password is random.
The Maharal Posted - 09/09/2017 : 03:21:57
I had two other accounts before forum meltdowns consigned them to history. I believe one was McBailey or something Bailey's Walk-related and another one Lolita. I think. The Maharal is just a damn great song and features some of the Man's best bellowing. Password is just something personal I always use.
Bedbug Posted - 09/09/2017 : 03:10:32
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

and yes I feed them just like how you'd imagine.

with your own blood?

it's educational

Yeah, I let them crawl out on my arm and they make their way over to a nice juicy spot and start sucking.

Incidentally, bed bugs don't actually "bite," they pierce and suck.
Discoking Posted - 09/09/2017 : 02:52:48
not sure if i like to admit this, but my username is inspired by the smashing pumpkins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO1_XF308L4

so is my password, actually.

it's educational
Discoking Posted - 09/09/2017 : 02:47:43
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

and yes I feed them just like how you'd imagine.

with your own blood?

it's educational

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000